Incoming? Alex Collado

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barcelona wanted him out on loan

It's quite strange that four clubs were trying to get him, Fiorentina and Brugge I think were two of them.

Neither deal happened for some reason or another and then he ends up talking to us

He never had any intention of leaving Barcelona but played the game they tried to get him to play.

He now goes back to Barcelona with a "Well I tried" attitude.

It's just as well the deal didn't happen, he said early in the day his preferred move was to Fiorentina but he was probably only 50% bothered about that.
It’s just not logical that we stopped the Karamoh deal if we didn’t think he was suddenly interested again. We would have just progressed it.

It’s just not logical that we stopped the Karamoh deal if we didn’t think he was suddenly interested again. We would have just progressed it.

I think the Karamoh deal was stopped because he couldn't get a work permit

You'd think United would know this, my mate owns a fruit farm, he knows who he can employ and who he can't

The player didn't want to come

His agent fucked the deal up because he was instructed to

I can believe that. Also, it can just be an agent being a cunt.

We saw it with Jerome Sinclair. Player wanted to come, Watford happy with the deal. Agent tried to be a dick at the last minute.

We pay the least amount in agent fees, we won't let ourselves be fucked around at the last minute by agents. It's one legacy from Wilder's time that I think we should be proud of.

I think the Karamoh deal was stopped because he couldn't get a work permit

You'd think United would know this, my mate owns a fruit farm, he knows who he can employ and who he can't
Well thats demonstrably not true. He met the work permit criteria. It’s pretty black and white.

I wish and hope that clubs, post covid, will tell agents where to stick there last minute demands. If all the clubs do this then agents won't prey on desperate clubs needing one of their clients as that tactic will back fire and piss off the player. Oh the days of a pint and a handshake. What would Brian Clough think of all this?
Brian Clough would have given the agent a brown paper envelope months ago.

All this talk of having a plan B lets be fair we clear did have plans based on what we know.

Plan A Diallo
Plan B Komerah
Plan C Collado

there may well have been others we dont know about. This isnt Championship manager its not all that easy to get a deal done so lets give the recruitment team a bit of slack. Clearly there were no funds available which meant we could bring in 5 loanees. We bought in 4 the last was clearly a winger we were seeking to get in, we tried multiple avenues they all fell down for different reasons.

Id much rather we look at the right level of talent than just ticking boxes. We do have players than can play on the wings if thats how SJ wants to go Freeman, Ndiaye to start with. We also still have the option of free agents Robbie Brady would be more than serviceable on a short term deal for example.

I do however thing were going to end up playing a diamond in the middle with a flat back 4 for which we have the players to do that. We always want more but Ive been through many windows a lot worse than this one to lets wait and see.
Agree with this apart from I suspect Collado was plan B, we moved to Komerrah as plan C, plan B looked like it was back on, so we ditched plan C and then Plan B failed at final hurdle and we're fucked. Not sure SUFC to blame, just the universe playing charades.

Agree with this apart from I suspect Collado was plan B, we moved to Komerrah as plan C, plan B looked like it was back on, so we ditched plan C and then Plan B failed at final hurdle and we're fucked. Not sure SUFC to blame, just the universe playing charades.

Downside to the loan market. You get the better loan signings at the end of the window once the parent club have done their business and want to offload those who don't have a role in the squad.

Downside to the loan market. You get the better loan signings at the end of the window once the parent club have done their business and want to offload those who don't have a role in the squad.
You also generally get the better players too, as those that just miss out on the PL squads, or who are pushed out by incomings become available. Those players aren't going to decide to go elsewhere while ever there is a possibility of a squad role, and even once that is clear they're going to want to pick the best of the options out there.
No one commits too early in those circumstances, unless the move you really want comes in.

It's high risk, high reward, and we've seen both ends of that in our dealings this last window.

You also generally get the better players too, as those that just miss out on the PL squads but need game time come available. Those players aren't going to decide to go elsewhere while ever there is a possibility of a squad role, and even once that is clear they're going to want to pick the best of the options out there. No one commits too early in those circumstances, unless the move you really want comes in.

Exactly, MGW up until about a week ago thought he was still in the plans at Wolves.

One thing you can't mitigate for is a cheeky bastard agent throwing a curve ball at the last minute.

Exactly, MGW up until about a week ago thought he was still in the plans at Wolves.

One thing you can't mitigate for is a cheeky bastard agent throwing a curve ball at the last minute.
No, and if we had a bit more pull then maybe we wouldn't have been in that position on the last day.
I personally think we could have appeals to one of the Man Utd or City kids more if we hadn't been sat 2nd bottom of the league after being kicked around all last season.

I'm definitely looking for positives in saying this, but if we improve as I expect with the new midfield, improved defence and keeper, and we're in the top 6 come Christmas, then we're a much more attractive proposition in January for these higher end targets.

No, and if we had a bit more pull then maybe we wouldn't have been in that position on the last day.
I personally think we could have appeals to one of the Man Utd or City kids more if we hadn't been sat 2nd bottom of the league after being kicked around all last season.

I'm definitely looking for positives in saying this, but if we improve as I expect with the new midfield, improved defence and keeper, and we're in the top 6 come Christmas, then we're a much more attractive proposition in January for these higher end targets.
yes and i still dont think its impossible for us to get in to the play offs still a long way to go 2 good home wins in the next 2 games and were back on track imo just hoping mcburnie and brewster get their goalscoring boots on its about time those 2 started delivering the goods

We also enquired about Costa who went to Valencia from Leeds, it was reported.

Still looking at places for him to go where transfer window hasn't shut yet such as turkey or Russia

"Won't make any difference to the #twitterblades but as it stands the Sport paper here in Spain is reporting that Alex Collado is now "homeless" as Barca registered his departure he can't play for them but because we didn't register his arrival he can't play for us."

"Won't make any difference to the #twitterblades but as it stands the Sport paper here in Spain is reporting that Alex Collado is now "homeless" as Barca registered his departure he can't play for them but because we didn't register his arrival he can't play for us."
His agent really has pulled a blinder then

OK then, I'm clueless in these matters, but why don't Barca rip his contract up for the time being, make him a free agent we sign him and sort it later

Given some of Barca's recent actions in their desperate effort to avoid going bust,(some of them quite unbelievable e.g. Griezmann) I don't think they have budget available to start paying-off players where not absolutely essential.

Whether or not the agent's actions relating to the loan to Utd were intentional or not, it seems the player is in a bit of a situation - I can see him going to some Turkish club for the year.

For us to be able to sign him before January he’d have had to be a free agent before the transfer window closed.
I guess that's to stop clubs who maxed out total number of loans available organizing a sneaky with other clubs.

For us to be able to sign him before January he’d have had to be a free agent before the transfer window closed.

Yup - exactly the reason we released John Brayford on deadline day a couple of years ago - free agent before the deadline then if the deal doesn’t get done before midnight they still have time.

Doesn't that mean he's technically a free agent?

Back
Top Bottom