Incoming? Alex Collado

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I heard that Alex Collado was all set to sign when he thought he'd just have a quick look at this forum and became terrified after reading this thread...

Thought so. I get fed up of the usual whingers in here slating the club but NEVER the agents
It’s a fair point S but surely part of the clubs due diligence is to address the Agents financial demands before 10pm on deadline day. To me this smacks of the player not wanting to come and his agent throwing a spanner in that they knew we would not accept.

Get the feeling Olsen had to be dragged here as well but genuinely think RGW, Davis and Hourihane are happy to be assured of some first team action not far from home and with a 10 month get out clause if they come good.

Maybe one answer is Illam Ndaiye and Lopata stepping up to the squad while some of the wage thieves get splinters.

Here's my slightly alternative take:

The lad was never wholly sold on coming to play in the Championship and had made it clear on more than one occasion he didn't want to leave.

Koeman told him there was no room for him this year.

Now suddenly Antoine de Griezman has gone. Memphis is a certain starter up front but then you have an injured Agüero, an Injured Dembele, an injured Fati, Braithwaite who seems to ok but is still a bit meh and potentially a downgrade on de Griezman coming in.

He gets his agent to put a spanner in the works last minute to prevent being sent elsewhere because he fancies his chances of squeezing a way in. All he needs is one player to lose form or the replacement for de Griezman to not come off and he's in there.
Nail on head IMO. Never intended coming we were just the come and get me placard to bigger fish. SUFC should have anticipated and had a plan B
We were never going to sign him for Gods sake, still don’t know how this works?

If it was not agreed well in advance then we surely should have a back up. It looks amateurish having two players all agreed, according to a respected journalist,and then due to work permit issues we should know about and then an agent pulling the rug we get neither!
We did, the lad from Parma. We put the pin in the deal when we believed this was going through. You can’t legislate for an agent adding a last minute fee if that’s what he did.

So reading Giddings tweet;

Andy Giddings

@SportGids1

Understand #sufc pursuit of #barca midfielder Alex Collardo broke down at the 11th hour due to 'unrealistic financial demands' from the players representatives. Told both clubs are happy for the deal to be concluded.

and the ones confirming that he had completed a medical and signed could a deal still be finalised....????

So reading Giddings tweet;

Andy Giddings
@SportGids1

Understand #sufc pursuit of #barca midfielder Alex Collardo broke down at the 11th hour due to 'unrealistic financial demands' from the players representatives. Told both clubs are happy for the deal to be concluded.

and the ones confirming that he had completed a medical and signed could a deal still be finalised....????
another maupay situation then by the sounds of it

It’s a fair point S but surely part of the clubs due diligence is to address the Agents financial demands before 10pm on deadline day. To me this smacks of the player not wanting to come and his agent throwing a spanner in that they knew we would not accept.

Get the feeling Olsen had to be dragged here as well but genuinely think RGW, Davis and Hourihane are happy to be assured of some first team action not far from home and with a 10 month get out clause if they come good.

Maybe one answer is Illam Ndaiye and Lopata stepping up to the squad while some of the wage thieves get splinters.
Agree Olsen waited to see what offers he could get which is understandable, but there’s an option to buy which the player has to agree to before signing the deal as it’s binding so he will be committed.

Agree Olsen waited to see what offers he could get which is understandable, but there’s an option to buy which the player has to agree to before signing the deal as it’s binding so he will be committed.
Dint realise we had a try to buy clause on him I thought all the loans were ‘dry bum loans’ whatever they’re called.

Agents are here. Always will be now.

The issue is how late we left everything.

Imagine if we continue struggling near the bottom and I said to my mates/friends of other clubs...'its not my clubs fault we failed to do any transfers for 9 months and we haven't got better players in...its the agents fault! I can't blame United. We did our best!'

Laughable excuses really for a flawed recruitment plan.

One of the criticisms of Wilder (which was expressly stated by the Prince in his spring / summer interview) was the shortsightedness in having a list of one target and not having a shortlist of 3 or 4.

I think the phrase is “hoist by your own petard”.

One of the criticisms of Wilder which was expressly stated by the Prince in his summer interview was the shortsightedness in having a list of one target and not having a shortlist of 3 or 4.

I think the phrase is “hoist by your own petard”.
The french guy might have been plan B, might not have been a ‘both option’ for us

Same players but 4-1-3-2.

Olsen
Bogle - Egan - Davies - RND
Hourihane
Berge - MGW - Freeman
McBurnie - Brewster​

I'm not sure how Brewster could possibly come into anyone's reckoning based on what he's shown to date. Whilst I have my own doubts as to whether he should be a regular starter, Sharp is still the only one that's anywhere near a regular scorer.

If SJ does go with that, which essentially is a 4-diamond-2, I think Baldock is a better defender than Bogle.

I also wonder whether N'Diaye will come into the reckoning - MGW is able to play wider so he might be an option for the #10 role.

After the Birmingham match it was blatantly obvious we needed a winger or two. That should’ve been the number one priority in this window, so to not sign at least one is a massive fuck up.

There are absolutely no excuses, we’ve had months to sign players. I’m struggling to see how we can now make a serious promotion push this season. It’s that big of a mistake in my opinion.
I've given promotion up, it's quite obvious there not good enough, my concern now is have we enough to get to mid table or even stop up!

All this talk of having a plan B lets be fair we clear did have plans based on what we know.

Plan A Diallo
Plan B Komerah
Plan C Collado

there may well have been others we dont know about. This isnt Championship manager its not all that easy to get a deal done so lets give the recruitment team a bit of slack. Clearly there were no funds available which meant we could bring in 5 loanees. We bought in 4 the last was clearly a winger we were seeking to get in, we tried multiple avenues they all fell down for different reasons.

Id much rather we look at the right level of talent than just ticking boxes. We do have players than can play on the wings if thats how SJ wants to go Freeman, Ndiaye to start with. We also still have the option of free agents Robbie Brady would be more than serviceable on a short term deal for example.

I do however thing were going to end up playing a diamond in the middle with a flat back 4 for which we have the players to do that. We always want more but Ive been through many windows a lot worse than this one to lets wait and see.

I've given promotion up, it's quite obvious there not good enough, my concern now is have we enough to get to mid table or even stop up!
i think this window has assured us of staying up and who knows theres still a long way to go if we click and mcburnie and brewster get their acts together which they should do after a 43m outlay on em i dont think the play offs would be out of reach

Or the agent raises the stakes at the last minute thinking that the club wanting Collado now have no choice but to pay.

The player didn't want to come

His agent fucked the deal up because he was instructed to

Why would he do that? He’d just not agree to any terms.

Players employ agents for more reasons than just getting the best deal for them

They employ agents to do the sneaky back stabbing stuff that they don't want to do themselves

All smiles to the club officials, all smiles to his parent club who want him out, but then tells his agent " Get me the fuck outta here"

Players employ agents for more reasons than just getting the best deal for them

They employ agents to do the sneaky back stabbing stuff that they don't want to do themselves

All smiles to the club officials, all smiles to his parent club who want him out, but then tells his agent " Get me the fuck outta here"
So why not tell his agent he didn’t want the deal, like he told the press? Why go through all the medical? Why travel? These false narratives are hilarious.

So why not tell his agent he didn’t want the deal, like he told the press?

Barcelona wanted him out on loan

It's quite strange that four clubs were trying to get him, Fiorentina and Brugge I think were two of them.

Neither deal happened for some reason or another and then he ends up talking to us

He never had any intention of leaving Barcelona but played the game they tried to get him to play.

He now goes back to Barcelona with a "Well I tried" attitude.

It's just as well the deal didn't happen, he said early in the day his preferred move was to Fiorentina but he was probably only 50% bothered about that.

Back
Top Bottom