Pre-Season 2021/22 Pre-Season Friendlies 2021-22

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was there ever an actual reason given for playing Eastleigh away on a Friday night a few years back? It was a really strange decision, made no sense!

Lucky for me I work in the building next to the Eastleigh stadium

We came down to Northants to play Rothwell 15 to 20 years ago.

One of the joys of being exiled up here is the times dem Blades have been up for pre season friendlies.

I'm one of around a hundred who saw Sean McGinty and Jasper Johns warm up at Greenock Morton in 2013 whilst being devoured by midges.

They looked shit warming up tbf.
Was there for a game against Morton warnock was manager, tidy little ground

Yes went to that one as well - it was the day we signed Rob Hulse.
Aye
Had a good swally in their social club afore & after & really couldn’t believe we’d signed him (from the dirties n’all that made it even sweeter.)
Slept in the car (again)
They had a glorious tartan (‘change’) jersey which I’ve still got somewhere - not that It’ll fit

Any friendlies going to happen? I’d have thought it’s all good to go from the 19th now.

i thought the best part of Norwich promotion is that we didnt have play norwich & they with the time wasting, fake injuries that would make Italians blush & daniel can farke off for a year

yet we chosen to play them
Took me by surprise but logically it has to be a good move.

By playing the best of the division last year we get a good opportunity to benchmark ourselves against the required standards.

Playing Norwich at home in a friendly is horrific. May as well have played Wednesday the summer they pipped us in league 1.

Horrible horrible Norwich 🤮

Here's the traditional Sheffield United Pre-Season friendlies thread for the season 2021/2022.

As usual more pre-season fixtures and information will appear here as we're able/allowed to confirm. Keep checking back for edits on the warm up for the new Championship Season.

Date:Fixture:Details:
10th July 2021 - 18:00Europa Point FC v. Sheffield UnitedStreamed via https://live.sufc.co.uk/ for £5
17th July 2021 - 15:00Handsworth FC v. Sheffield United XITBC -
20th July 2021 - 19:30Hallam FC v. Sheffield United XITBC
28th July 2021 - 19:00Doncaster Rovers v. Sheffield UnitedTBC - Also Streamed via https://live.sufc.co.uk/ for £5
31st July 2021 - 15:00Sheffield United v. Norwich CityTBC - Also Streamed via https://live.sufc.co.uk/ for £5

Will be updated as more is confirmed.
I don't normally moan about these kind of things (though I do love to moan)... But surely we've earned some free friendlies.

Updated with some academy.

Academy lads have got some decent fixtures. U23's Looks like Wednesdays Papa John's trophy Campaign.

Saw you can watch the friendlies for a fiver. Does that mean that those of us who already paid the yearly fee need to pay this as well?

i thought the best part of Norwich promotion is that we didnt have play norwich & they with the time wasting, fake injuries that would make Italians blush & daniel can farke off for a year

yet we chosen to play them
despite their joy at getting promoted, they still can’t let it go

Thought Jags would have been given a testimonial against Everton or summat, loyal servant for two spells and one of our better players last season despite being an OAP.

despite their joy at getting promoted, they still can’t let it go

at least we both agree on 1 thing. we dont like them & they don't like us 😁 but it was a shame after all we praised them for playing football the Norwich way

who knew have always let fans in for free in their pre season friendlies
Screenshot_20210710-144647_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Lineup for the first of the pre season matches.

Didn't know we were playing West Brom.

E58vO2PX0AEZJiB.jpeg

Was there ever an actual reason given for playing Eastleigh away on a Friday night a few years back? It was a really strange decision, made no sense!

Lucky for me I work in the building next to the Eastleigh stadium
Was great for me as well as I was 30mins away

Is anyone else concerned that we only have 3 first team pre-season games? Or are we expecting more to be announced?

Is anyone else concerned that we only have 3 first team pre-season games? Or are we expecting more to be announced?
"Further behind closed doors and training ground fixtures are planned ahead of United travelling to local rivals Doncaster Rovers on Wednesday 28th July"

Back
Top Bottom