Pre-Season 2024/25 Sheffield United Pre-season Friendly Fixtures 2024/2025

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the traditional S24SU Sheffield United Pre-Season friendlies thread for the season 2024/2025.

As usual more pre-season fixtures and information will appear here as we're able/allowed to confirm. Keep checking back for edits on the warm up for the new Championship season.

Date:Fixture:Details:
Saturday 13th JulyYork City v. Sheffield United12.30pm Kickoff - LNER Community Stadium
Saturday 20th JulyChesterfield v. Sheffield United3pm Kickoff - SMH Group Stadium
Tuesday 23rd JulyHarrogate Town v. Sheffield United7pm Kickoff - EnviroVent Stadium
Tuesday 23rd JulyHallam FC v. Sheffield United XI7.45pm Kickoff - Sandygate
Saturday 27th JulyGainsborough Trinity v. Sheffield United U21/Dev3pm Kickoff - Martin & Co Arena
Saturday 27th JulyRotherham United v. Sheffield United3pm Kickoff - AESSEL New York Stadium

Last edited:

"Chris, fans are getting impatient regarding the retained list. We need to release something and fast"
"Release the pre-season smoke screen."
"But with these fixtures all within a radius of 15 minutes drive, it's more like a shit-show."
"Then release the shit-show. We need more time."

Why did we stop playing Stockbridge Park Steels, used to play them every summer but suddenly stopped.

Holy Blues versus The Blades. It's like a wet dream!

Here's the traditional S24SU Sheffield United Pre-Season friendlies thread for the season 2024/2025.

As usual more pre-season fixtures and information will appear here as we're able/allowed to confirm. Keep checking back for edits on the warm up for the new Championship season.

Saturday 13th JulyYork City v. Sheffield United3pm Kickoff - LNER Community Stadium
Saturday 20th JulyChesterfield v. Sheffield United3pm Kickoff - SMH Group Stadium
Tuesday 23rd JulyHarrogate Town v. Sheffield United7pm Kickoff - EnviroVent Stadium
Saturday 27th JulyGainsborough Trinity v. Sheffield United U21/Dev3pm Kickoff - Martin & Co Arena
Saturday 27th JulyRotherham United v. Sheffield United3pm Kickoff - AESSEL New York Stadium

So, the reserves going to Rotherham then...?

Wow, the current announced lineup actually involves teams from outside our scouting radius, didn't have that on my bingo card

Any rumours of a big name friendly at home yet?

I'd like to get my 4 and 7 year old's to Bramall Lane this season and a friendly seems like a nice introduction for them.

Any rumours of a big name friendly at home yet?

I'd like to get my 4 and 7 year old's to Bramall Lane this season and a friendly seems like a nice introduction for them.
BLUT is great for kids in my experience. You get the atmosphere from the stadium but almost nobody shouting (i.e. swearing) in BLUT itself!

Plus the great view.

I know the guy that manages them and hes as down to earth as they come
Not a pull down on them as their part of sheffield football scene but I've been their loads with handsworth fc and sheffield united plus a few neutral games .
A mate of mine I had to rush and drive during the game with heart problems .
Just find the club try look sign on others.
Not so long ago they came to handsworth fc and got beat and then questioned the attendance of 549 and why so many .
Handsworth get decent home support and take a fair few away from home so found it rude and uncalled for .
Hallam push on the oldest ground thing and rightly so , handsworth were formed in 1986 and have achieved much more .
Handsworth if go up another level could easily achieve 3 to 350 a week .

I don't mind a bit of non league local team rivalry banter on this forum. After all, I dish it out a bit towards Sheffield "Artist's Impression" FC.

This last season, Handsworth averaged 185, Hallam 482.

Things change over time. I know a handful of long term Blades, who never miss a United game home or away, who derbysufc will also know, when United are not playing, they will be up at Hallam chucking their support behind The Countrymen.

At least no one can moan that they cant get flights or accomodation. Some people never happy. :)

Good post Phil but hallam have a 100 year start on handsworth and alot more history.
Handsworth is a community club lots of boys and girls successful teams and several handsworth players have gone on to league football.
I've nothing against any sheffield non - league team as grassroots is the future.
Hallam got lucky when the bloke who passed away built the new bar area , handsworth have developed a nice ground stage by stage through the pitches being rented out
1986 was the year handsworth was formed, it was on the doorstep of my home and a proper run down mess , the old brown baileys site and what we've achieved now is remarkable and the ground is looking bang tidy.
We are not at a stage to go higher at the moment as we flew through the leagues but we've built a solid fanbase that will grow .
Hopefully sheffield fc get the new ground built and sheffield gas dome fantastic non league grounds .

I have a lot of time for Handsworth FC. I've been a season ticket holder there in the past. During the season, I am up there quite a lot watching the Sheffield United Community Foundation teams play. Those education links with local colleges and United are a great part of the overall model.

I admire the depth and width at Handsworth. Lots of age groups. Male & Female. They are a credit to Sheffield football and their Community.

But. Non League football is not run on any one model. And Hallam's model is very very different to Handsworth.

Hallam are able to generate income at the turnstile, and at the bar on matchday. And increasingly on non match days. Even though they are "my non league club", I am happy to criticise. All the money is ploughed into one, first team. They are not grassroots in the sense of developing players and youngsters.

But, as I say, different models.

The club bar ar handsworth has functions most nights to bring income in .
The cricket aswell .
Handsworth was built on boys and girls teams development and most years all ages win the league and cups.
Not even 40 years old and well known in non league circles. I've been away to most places with them .
Hallam have alot of history while handsworth is trying to create one.
John ward , Bob Hill done amazing things for the club and the supporters muck in.
Shame the money didn't just fund the first team and as you say just short of 200 home support ain't bad for a club with no long history .

Saturday 13th JulyYork City v. Sheffield United3pm Kickoff - LNER Community Stadium
Tuesday 23rd JulyHallam FC v. Sheffield United XI7.45pm Kickoff - Sandygate
If we're playing XI against Hallam, how many are we playing against the other teams?

If we're playing XI against Hallam, how many are we playing against the other teams?
Well, it seemed like we were only playing 3 or 4 for large parts of last season, given how easily the opposition carved us open.

Rumours of a game on the continent on the weekend of 3rd August. Germany or Italy I’ve heard.

Not me , been so many times and the fans and staff are up there own arses.
Snobby club of nobody's on a ski slopes pitch .
I always wonder before going to Sandygate whether I'm exaggerating the steepness of the slope, but no, when I get there it really is even steeper than some of the parks pitches I used to play on. 🙂

Surprised though that you thought the people there were "up their own arses" as I've always found them very friendly and welcoming.

I know that some of the ladies helping out with food etc struggled to cope with large crowds at big matches such as with the local professional clubs, but they always seemed very down to earth and helpful. Doing their best.

I suppose it only takes one or two numpties to create a negative impression, though to be fair, like every club we have our share of those.

Back
Top Bottom