CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I may have missed the point, but if he is contracted elsewhere until the end of June, does he not arrive here to start until July ?
Perhaps his contract has been mutually terminated otherwise it would be difficult for him.

Good appointment, surely got to be in the running for promotion next year?

Maybe he could start with McBurnie?
Let's hope he kicks some arses!
Great appointment and can't wait for the start of the season. BDTBL will be buzzing!
utb
I think he will. The issue with the fans will be when he looks to replace it rather just drop Dids, as I don’t see where he will fit and he’s at the wrong age where you build around him.
Hope not but I reckon that’s where the honeymoon could hit its first bump with the fans. I hope he plays a slightly different front 3 which allows the forwards to drop deep similarly to the way he let his midfield interchange. Without that Dids just doesn’t work in the system.

Good appointment but critical SJ is allowed to bring his own back room team in including those who were successful with him at Watford and Fulham. Javier Pereira former assistant is currently Manager at Chinese club Henan Jianye. Head of Performance is Marco Cesarini.

Club need to pay the compensation to release them if they want to come. Hope they do as they were instrumental in SJ's past success. We can't afford to get the best man for the job and not ensure he has all the necessary tools available to him. We have to avoid foisting the likes of Tindall on SJ simply because he's Bettis best pal.

Thing about the Prince, even if you don't think he gives a toss about Sheffield United in the grand scheme, he's ambitious as fook and he actually likes and knows about football.

He's had a taste of the prestige and glamour of being a fashionable Premier League club and he'll want more of it so he can have some good anecdotes when he's zooming with his rich mates and fantasy football friends.

So even if you think his reasons are selfish, a byproduct of his personal ambition is hopefully Sheffield United progressing while he's the owner and trying to get back to the top division.

Thing about the Prince, even if you don't think he gives a toss about Sheffield United in the grand scheme, he's ambitious as fook and he actually likes and knows about football.

He's had a taste of the prestige and glamour of being a fashionable Premier League club and he'll want more of it so he can have some good anecdotes when he's zooming with his rich mates and fantasy football friends.

So even if you think his reasons are selfish, a byproduct of his personal ambition is hopefully Sheffield United progressing while he's the owner and trying to get back to the top division.
I just look at it this way. Burnley were sold for £200m. No championship club has been sold for more than £60m. So, he’s very incentivised to get us back up.
And, as you say, it’s also about ego, no one likes to fail, even less so when it’s in the public eye.

Superb news!!

Well done to HRH and the board!!

I know comparisons with Adkins will be made but they couldnt be different characters if they tried!

Whilst Adkins would be the spotty kid getting bullied for reciting poetry. Slav would be the hard as fuck kid who wouldnt go around bullying people, but would not be take any shit off anyone!!

Although HRH may have taken some stick from some of the jack the lads on here, for me he's not put a foot wrong while he's owned our club.....👍

I actually think the only thing he's got wrong so far was holding on to Wilder too long.

Sentiments aside, from a purely footballing perspective CW should have gone in November after the West Brom loss.

I actually think the only thing he's got wrong so far was holding on to Wilder too long.

Sentiments aside, from a purely footballing perspective CW should have gone in November.
Ooh now when do you release a manager who is idolized by his fellow Sheffielders and has done as much for the club as Mr Wilder has, and not upset someone ?

Out of the Sheffield club chairman they couldn’t be polar opposite, our knows is football 100%, I know which one I’d rather have managing the ship.

Ooh now when do you release a manager who is idolized by his fellow Sheffielders and has done as much for the club as Mr Wilder has, and not upset someone ?

See, that's the problem. I didn't want Chris to go tbh. I wasn't happy with the football but I'd have been happy for him to guide us back. I think PA maybe wondered that the fans would turn if he made that decision. They turned regardless, but if it's purely football & business, PA was incredibly lenient.

Good appointment but critical SJ is allowed to bring his own back room team in including those who were successful with him at Watford and Fulham. Javier Pereira former assistant is currently Manager at Chinese club Henan Jianye. Head of Performance is Marco Cesarini.

Club need to pay the compensation to release them if they want to come. Hope they do as they were instrumental in SJ's past success. We can't afford to get the best man for the job and not ensure he has all the necessary tools available to him. We have to avoid foisting the likes of Tindall on SJ simply because he's Bettis best pal.
Keh?

I have a few doubts about this appointment.

Supposedly a slow starter, I feel like we need to hit the ground running after this season. Our best chance to get back up, can we afford to throw the first few games to adjust.

The fulham side he had was imo one of the best in the league on paper. Possibly should have achieved automatic?

I thought at least he has a good eye for a player but seemingly he had little to do with the transfers there.
So is his record of signing players any good? And if he's not in charge of this than who is?

Definitely not the worst option out there, infact I struggle to think of better but I am not completely sold. Anyway has my backing and hopefully he gets the best out of the lads.

Hallelujah! Great appointment and no bumping at the end of the season if.......Time for squad reshaping next.

Back
Top Bottom