CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Exciting, pleased its at the start of the close season. Will he bring in Mitrovic? 🙏

No, too expensive.
I also think that we'll never know if our forwards are as bad as they look until they get regular quality service.
The unused Fulham player I'd prefer is Tom Cairney, but he will also be too expensive

I honestly didn't think we'd get an upgrade on Wilder, but in this guy we have. Top quality appointment, the rest of the Championship will be absolutely shitting themselves.

Meanwhile, over with the Baggies...

LC0Ssps.png

And...

giphy.gif
I thought West Brom fans were more savvy than that to be honest. Frank Lampard, over Wilder?! What's Lampard done as a manager that merits him managing a leading Championship team in West Brom? Ok, he's managed Derby and Chelsea on the back of his playing career, but for me he didn't do much at either, still very much unproven to me. I really hope Lampard goes there over Wilder, it'll be much easier for us if he does.

When Wilder left I was worried we'd end up with Lampard, but it appears that the Prince had better advice to go after Jokanovic and Clement and Blessin were exciting alternatives, both of whom have done well abroad.

Sure most of what he's put on the club website announcement has been said before.

PA. 'ere Jock. Seh this ter t' Bladesmen. Fonnit on S2 forum. Other manager sed it loads an' they liked 'im".
Jock. " Reyt".

So that's Sheffield United vs West Brom with Wilder installed as their new manager for the opening game of the season.

On a serious note I'm intrigued as to what sort of wage bill we now have for the new manager to work with, as we had the fourth lowest in the Championship in our promotion season. Have we now got the highest or has it increased significantly from where it was, but remains lower than other Championship clubs such as the massively overpaying Forest and Derbys of the division?
Sonofbruce, i reckon wilder could still end up at celtic, as Howe seems to be dragging his feet especially with palace with no manager would suit him better

At last. The drawn out saga is over and we have made a positive appointment. Hopefully he can recruit some quality additions and bring a bit of flair to how we play. There is quite a bit of work to be done but this is a big step in the right direction.

I don't think we need to sign too many players to be a really strong Championship team. No fans screwed us. Next season we should have atmosphere spurring us on.

DidZy to be the first ever World Footballer of The Year winner from the Championship.

Well i hope you lot are pleased with yourselves, all this positive talk, all this excitement about the future, all this talk about possession attacking football.

It's time to stop thinking about us, just think what those poor bastards in S6 are making of it, go on think about it, it must be absolutely shit.no short term future but it's better than their long term future, they are expecting a difficult season in the third tier and could be there for some time.

As I say think about it
I have and it's fucking great, probably have a look on one of their forums later, you know it makes sense 😁

I wonder if he looked back on our support at Fulham when his promotion winning side tore us a new arsehole and we sang continuously for the last half hour or so? Or the atmosphere at the Lane when they played us there?

Totally underwhelmed. Same old EFL Manager-go-Round, needed something completely new from abroad.

Hoping for the best, but expecting...

2020/21 Relegation farce.
2021/22 Narrowly miss or eliminated in Play-Offs. Club keeps faith in manager.
2022/23 Fall to mid-table in last quarter of season. Manager falls out with owners then sacked/leaves.
2023/24 Muppet recruited as manager. Relegation battle and League 1 status achieved. Manager sacked.
2024/25 Blades Old Boy becomes manager on the cheap. Our 1925 FA Cup WInning Centenary takes place in League 1.
2025/26 onwards, Championship/League 1 yo-yo-ing re-established, further play-off hell encountered.
2030 or beyond Premiership promised land revisited, briefly. Above cycle recommences.

Yes, nearly 100 years since we won anything serious.

Same old, same old. 10-15 years outside the Premiership ahead.

Enjoy the ride. See you all at the Forest Green away league game at some point in the not too distant future.

[PS: I want to eat humble pie next May when this is rammed down my neck as we're promoted as Champions!]
Mate you ok? There is help out there if you need it

The bad periods you describe are because he uses the first 10 games or so, to create the 'identity'. He did the same at the beginning of each season with us. It's a trait, I expect it to be the same at Sheff Utd.

From the Fulham forum. Better to do this in the Championship than the PL according to few more posts on there sounds like this failed them in the PL.

I don't think we need to sign too many players to be a really strong Championship team. No fans screwed us. Next season we should have atmosphere spurring us on.

DidZy to be the first ever World Footballer of The Year winner from the Championship.
Think we need minimum 2 centremids probably more as 2 look set to leave and we were short in midfield at times this year plus 2 centrebacks for me as Bryan and ampadu will be leaving the club.

Back
Top Bottom