Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The problem is, the only thing 90% of the available managers have experience in, is abject failure... Additionally, Bryan Robson was vastly experienced.

If he doesn't qualify for a visa for a football manager, no worries! There's a long list of skilled jobs to pick from to get him a visa. We could hire him as a social club manager, fitness instructor or groundsman (as long as we pay him £25,600 or more per year).

Also, I'm unsure as whether the government are going to turn down the application of a professional sports coach on presumably a PAYE contract of over £1m a year.

There's The FA rules and regulations and then there's the football industry in reality and then there's Tax revenue.

Also, I'm unsure as whether the government are going to turn down the application of a professional sports coach on presumably a PAYE contract of over £1m a year.

There's The FA rules and regulations and then there's the football industry in reality and then there's Tax revenue.
We're going to have a Manager. And he's going to be paid. And he'll have to pay tax. By rejecting a work permit application, the government aren't losing tax revenue. It's not like the choice is "if you don't let Sheffield United appoint a German, they're going to sulk & not have a manager".

If this manager is tactical genius, he will have some job trying to get the players to buy into it... Mousset and Mcburnie for starters don’t seem to have many brain cells between them. As for the Gegenpress I’ve seen grass grow quicker than some of our lads

No one is saying this 100% isn’t going to or can’t happen. Simply that looking according at the published criteria laid out by the FA, he is missing one of the key requirements to qualify outright. It also states that there is currently no appeal mechanism.

The fact that Blessin doesn't meet the Work Permit criteria reflects what a gamble his appointment would be. Yes, I know that there are no guarantees and that all appointments have an element of risk but Blessin represents a bigger risk than most.

Put him in charge of Beerschot for a couple of years then he can come and bring Coulibally with him....

We're going to have a Manager. And he's going to be paid. And he'll have to pay tax. By rejecting a work permit application, the government aren't losing tax revenue. It's not like the choice is "if you don't let Sheffield United appoint a German, they're going to sulk & not have a manager".
I just don't see the government or the fa denying a highly paid a professional the opportunity to work in this country.

If you can get a work visa to be a Cleaner on £25k then I'm sure a professional sports coach on £1m will be fine.

I just don't see the government or the fa denying a highly paid a professional the opportunity to work in this country.

If you can get a work visa to be a Cleaner on £25k then I'm sure a professional sports coach on £1m will be fine.

Why bother making the rules 🤷‍♂️

Why bother making the rules 🤷‍♂️
Cleaners need a Job (Certificate of Sponsorship)
And be allowed into the Country in the first place (a Visa)
There is no governing body for cleaners, because it isn't an organised competitive sport.

PL & EFL Managers need a job (Certificate of Sponsorship)
And be allowed into the country in the first place (a Visa)
And, because there is an industry governing body (FA), they need permission to work in the industry (Governing Body Endorsement)

Quote....
1. Before a Manager is permitted to undertake any employment duties for the club, the club must have obtained a GBE in respect of the Manager and the Manager must have been assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship by that club and secured leave to remain under Tiers 2 or 5 of the PBS.

There is no governing body for cleaners, because it isn't an organised competitive sport.

And, because there is an industry governing body (FA), they need permission to work in the industry (Governing Body Endorsement)

Quote....
1. Before a Manager is permitted to undertake any employment duties for the club, the club must have obtained a GBE in respect of the Manager and the Manager must have been assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship by that club and secured leave to remain under Tiers 2 or 5 of the PBS.

I agree Phil, I'm just being a bit flippant at the "well, if cleaners can do it I'm sure they can find a way for a well paid football manager" response.

Quote....
Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown.

I agree Phil, I'm just being a bit flippant at the "well, if cleaners can do it I'm sure they can find a way for a well paid football manager" response.
Yes of course, I was really replying to ChappyAppleBlade

Cleaners don't have to go head to head with fellow German Jürgen Klopp live around the world on prime time TV, so, you know, maybe there will be different rules....

For people who have doubts about Blessin’s credentials, I reckon it’s worth having a look at this.

It seems to me that he may well be a natural successor to Wilder with the foundations of his preferred system already well established at the club.

Could well be a smart move this.

Last edited:
Yes of course, I was really replying to ChappyAppleBlade

Cleaners don't have to go head to head with fellow German Jürgen Klopp live around the world on prime time TV, so, you know, maybe there will be different rules....
I'd watch that! Who will win the Mop Relay? The Bucket Run! It'd be like Jeux Sans Frontiers all over again.

Jokanovic is very much a now and then kind of manager from what I've seen/remember not one for building for future. Think we're all thinking a bit too deep about this 😂, I don't think for one second Blessin would sit at Beerschot for season or two.

Jokanovic is very much a now and then kind of manager from what I've seen/remember not one for building for future. Think we're all thinking a bit too deep about this 😂, I don't think for one second Blessin would sit at Beerschot for season or two.
Not even to manage the mighty blades? Like in Batman when Christian Bale goes to see Liam Neeson on a mountain for a few years to become battle hardened.

Not even to manage the mighty blades? Like in Batman when Christian Bale goes to see Liam Neeson on a mountain for a few years to become battle hardened.

We would probably get the Ben Afleck version.. clunks slowly around for a couple of disappointing years before quitting.

I think people have been spying on this forum and the current conversations.....

James seemingly having a little dig at some local journalists who were more balanced in their coverage of Wilders exit. Surprised he suggests they’re in some way supportive of the Blessin rather than critical as they want to keep links with the club, that’s quite a step to question their credibility when The Athletic and The Examiner have certainly had better more balanced coverage of what has happened so far than The Star.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom