Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Big letters. General Disclaimer. Be careful with my interpretation here on this thread. I'm just a United Fan. These views are not a strict legal ruling. Just asking questions that might not have been covered off previously in the thread.

So does this rule apply to every league club from prem to 2nd meaning that no club outside the premier league could ever recruit a manager unless they have the experience of the top 5 leagues? does the rule change slightly when we become a championship club? Ie port vale can’t hire a manager from the french 4th division it has to be the top 5 league championships?

So does this rule apply to every league club from prem to 2nd meaning that no club outside the premier league could ever recruit a manager unless they have the experience of the top 5 leagues? does the rule change slightly when we become a championship club? Ie port vale can’t hire a manager from the french 4th division it has to be the top 5 league championships?
Any PL or EFL Club can recruit a Manager from any Band 1-5 League (as long as they fulfill the other criteria) as follows

Band 1 means the English Premier League, the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1.
Band 2 means the Portuguese Primeira Liga, Eredivisie, Belgian First Division A, the Turkish Super Lig and the English Championship.
Band 3 means the Russian Premier League, Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Primera División of Argentina, Liga MX and the Scottish Premiership.
Band 4 means the Czech First League, Croatian First Football League, the Swiss Super League, La Liga 2, Bundesliga 2, Ukrainian Premier League, the Greek Superleague, the Colombian Categoría Primera A, the USA’s Major League Soccer, the Austrian Football Bundesliga and Ligue 2.
Band 5 means the Serbian SuperLiga, the Danish Superliga, the Polish Ekstraklasa, the Slovenian PrvaLiga, the Chilean Primera División, the Uruguayan Primera División and the Chinese Super League.

Port Vale could hire a manager from French Ligue 2, but no lower in the French pyramid. Does that help?

Any PL or EFL Club can recruit a Manager from any Band 1-5 League (as long as they fulfill the other criteria) as follows

Band 1 means the English Premier League, the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1.
Band 2 means the Portuguese Primeira Liga, Eredivisie, Belgian First Division A, the Turkish Super Lig and the English Championship.
Band 3 means the Russian Premier League, Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Primera División of Argentina, Liga MX and the Scottish Premiership.
Band 4 means the Czech First League, Croatian First Football League, the Swiss Super League, La Liga 2, Bundesliga 2, Ukrainian Premier League, the Greek Superleague, the Colombian Categoría Primera A, the USA’s Major League Soccer, the Austrian Football Bundesliga and Ligue 2.
Band 5 means the Serbian SuperLiga, the Danish Superliga, the Polish Ekstraklasa, the Slovenian PrvaLiga, the Chilean Primera División, the Uruguayan Primera División and the Chinese Super League.

Port Vale could hire a manager from French Ligue 2, but no lower in the French pyramid. Does that help?

so if we wait until we are officially a championship club would we be able to recruit him? This might have been a Better question 🤭

The issue we’ve got is he hasn’t been a manager for 3 seasons. Slightly odd that it can be 24 months at 2 clubs though.
As I said appeal and if he doesn’t get in send him to Beerschot and he’s eligible in June 22.
It does also say not exception panel after Jan’21.

Last edited:
The issue we’ve got is he hasn’t been a manager for 3 seasons. Slightly odd that it can be 24 months at 2 clubs though.
As I said, send him to Beerschot and he’s eligible in June 22.
No. It's 24 months consecutively, without a break, out one club, straight in another - no matter how many eligible clubs. Or 36 cumulatively, out one, have a break, back in another, out, break - no matter how many eligible clubs. The earliest he'd be eligible, no matter which eligible club(s) he's at would be two years since he started at Oostende. Don't matter if he stays at Oostende or gets trafficked to Beerschot

Big letters. General Disclaimer. Be careful with my interpretation here on this thread. I'm just a United Fan. These views are not a strict legal ruling. Just asking questions that might not have been covered off previously in the thread.
Thanks 😭

No. It's 24 months consecutively, without a break, out one club, straight in another - no matter how many eligible clubs. Or 36 cumulatively, out one, have a break, back in another, out, break - no matter how many eligible clubs. The earliest he'd be eligible, no matter which eligible club(s) he's at would be two years since he started at Oostende. Don't matter if he stays at Oostende or gets trafficked to Beerschot
This seems dead in the water.

If a Manager is not granted a GBE in accordance with paragraph 16 or 19-26, he or she will he will have no further opportunity to apply for a GBE unless his or her circumstances change and will not be eligible to be the Manager for the applicant club.

so if we wait until we are officially a championship club would we be able to recruit him? This might have been a Better question 🤭
We're still at cross purposes. As a PL club, or an EFL club in The Championship we can recruit from any of those five bands. If we were in the Championship today, we couldn't recruit him - because he hasn't done 2 years as a first team manager

As I said appeal and if he doesn’t get in send him to Beerschot and he’s eligible in June 22.
Does actually being recruited as a coach change things as most clubs who take a foreigner class them ad chief coach not manager or is that just playing with words.

Does actually being recruited as a coach change things as most clubs who take a foreigner class them ad chief coach not manager or is that just playing with words.
From the Glossary of the Regs

Manager means any first team manager or first team head coach who is not a citizen of the United Kingdom or Ireland and has not acquired permanent residence in the United Kingdom, been granted pre-settled status or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme or who is not eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (and has until 30 June 2021 to do so).

So, (my interpretation) calling him manager, head coach, Fred, Ginger, The Nawab of Pataudi doesn't help

Would Jokanovic even qualify against that criteria?
He’s been managing in the arse end of nowhere for 2 seasons.

Ah yes the 5 years comes into it.
Well there’s always that I suppose.
I'm handling negotiations.
Alright sunshine, we fancy giving it you
I am experienced manager, with promotion on CV, my services don't come cheap
I don't give a fuck who you are mate. Unless you get a UK Governing Body Endorsement by a week on Friday, your time managing Fulham has fallen off the clock and you'll never get a permit to work in England again
But, don't you know who I am
Phil whacks regulations on desk
I can get you a Serbian translation of that little lot if you like. I'll be in The Cricketers. You can have it on a Pay To Manage basis.
Toodle Pip

Long time lurker here but this got my attention, sorry if I've missed this out if it's already been brought up but wouldn't him working at RB Leipzig for a good few years not make him eligible? Or is it just first team duties only?

Cant not see us not look into the new rules that Brexit has enforced. Plus no tabloids have brought this up which has surprised me.

I hope it does come together cause everything I'm seeing about this Blessin bloke I'm liking. If not can't wait to see John Terry and Ian Curbishley on touchline 🙂
Screenshot_20210405-210117_Chrome.jpg

Long time lurker here but this got my attention, sorry if I've missed this out if it's already been brought up but wouldn't him working at RB Leipzig for a good few years not make him eligible? Or is it just first team duties only?

Cant not see us not look into the new rules that Brexit has enforced. Plus no tabloids have brought this up which has surprised me.

I hope it does come together cause everything I'm seeing about this Blessin bloke I'm liking. If not can't wait to see John Terry and Ian Curbishley on touchline 🙂
View attachment 109954
From the Glossary

Managed means has been a first team manager or first team head coach and, in that role, had Overall Responsibility.

does seem abit concerning but i don't believe there's no work around or technicality if it's at the stages it's being report it's at

does seem abit concerning but i don't believe there's no work around or technicality if it's at the stages it's being report it's at
Assuming we get him through on some technicality, what is the likelihood then of his backroom staff getting work permits?

Rodley said:
Sounds like it is him - all over Twitter. How is everyone’s French?

*+NEWSFLASH+ 13.02 *

Dernières nouvelles - il semble qu'après de rapides négociations, le manager d'Oostend est sur le point de rejoindre le club de Premier League Sheffield United. L'Allemand a bénéficié d'un long apprentissage d'entraîneur en Bundesliga et rejoint maintenant le club depuis la maison de l'acier inoxydable en tant que nouveau manager. La légende belge, Enzo Scifo, a commenté cette décision: "C'est un entraîneur prometteur qui accueillera un passage dans les ligues anglaises. Comme les paroles de la célèbre chanson des fans, il jouit sûrement d'un gallon d'asticots"

It’s Magnet you Froggy gits - asticots are fucking maggots!! You probably eat them.
now joins the club from the House of Stainless Steel as a new manager., house of stainless steel is a new one on me :D

Looking at it a Sponsor Licence would get him through without any hiccups but I know nowt so I'm gunna bed. Chuffin Brexit.

Back
Top Bottom