Match Thread Sheffield United v. Tottenham Hotspur - 17th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
TOTT
TOTT
TOTT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1610750585640.png v. 1610750600016.png
EPL Week 19 - Sunday 17th January 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.527/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 12.25.18.png

Last edited:

He’s playing intermittently at league 1 level but he’s probably not ready to step up to the prem. Out of the academy lads it would be brunt but he’s clearly not viewed as ready yet or your right he probably would be on that bench. Broadbent sent out on loan to Belgium is another and then maybe Maguire but he’s very young.
It's not the backup lads that are the problem, it's the judgment ! OR LACK OF IT.
We had a player who was thought to be worse than Regan Slater, hence no recall clause, but wanted by Wales for their first team.
This clown's solution?
Spunk more money on Derby County's reserve left back and give away (yet again) another our our best young players.
Said it before and I'll keep saying it.
WILDER HAS NO FUTURE.
He signs shite and since day one has given away all our best young players.
GET RID ASAP
or be back in the third division and bankrupt again were you all seem to want to be.
**** THE #CULTs!

It's not the backup lads that are the problem, it's the judgment ! OR LACK OF IT.
We had a player who was thought to be worse than Regan Slater, hence no recall clause, but wanted by Wales for their first team.
This clown's solution?
Spunk more money on Derby County's reserve left back and give away (yet again) another our our best young players.
Said it before and I'll keep saying it.
WILDER HAS NO FUTURE.
He signs shite and since day one has given away all our best young players.
GET RID ASAP
or be back in the third division and bankrupt again were you all seem to want to be.
**** THE #CULTs
I’m sorry I’m a bit confused by your response. I was replying to a question asking about whether any of the young academy midfielders could step in right now and they’re not quite there right now imo.

As far as I’m aware we haven’t given away any top young talent we sold brooks for slightly under market value to fund promotion and Ramsdale and DCL in league one when we had no money that’s not the managers fault but the realities of the club just like it wasn’t Clough’s fault when Maguire went.

RND was loaned to gain experience at a level he has not played at before to aid his development which it has done and he seems to be progressing well earning him a full welsh cap as you say. Lowe came as part of the Bogle deal and is probably our 3rd choice LWB but has played first team minutes due to injuries and loss of form. It is possible that RND wasn’t as good a player as Lowe at the start of the season but has since developed to become better. Ultimately RND is developing for our benefit.

Let's build now for the up and at'em of the championship. Move aside CW and take a well deserved bow. Eddie Howe's garden must be done by now.

Bogle was the player at fault for that defending, not ramsdale, not anyone else it’s on Bogle’s man and it’s his fault for getting totally beat and not even challenging for the header
Queue David the Bolton Blade phoning in yet again to say - well I don't want to keep signalling him out but could Ramsdale have done better?
He has done after every other goal.
Followed by it's all because #McBurnie is missing - ignoring the 3rd goal against Chelsea that was all his fault - and that Brewster was brilliant again.

Eddie 'Lets pay £20 million for a Liverpool reject' Howe?

Jesus christ.

The perfect replacement. Let's hope the Prince sees sense
It's not the Prince, it's the so called fans who are happy with the "£120 million wasted, best young players given away and mediocrity" because as Sean 'the true Blade's fan who travels everywhere' finds it difficult to get his grand kids sitting with him because F! it when the team are successful too many of those 'not real' supporters come to watch!
The hope is there is a 5 man board. We need the 3 outside Sheffield to see sense and vote against abject, expensive, embarrassing, usually cowardly, failure.

probally best to get the bad stuff out the way 1st. easy assessment of that 1st half. spurs were great & we were poor. id expect nothing else from spurs. they refound this season what they had under pochettino 3 years ago.

what really worried me that wasnt the Bristol rovers/Newcastle team. that was return of slow palace team with mistakes or barnet/many other teams weve seen in early rds of cups. were its if im being harsh cant be arsed. 1 thing you always expect from a wilder team is effort is passion. but we didnt see much til 2-0 down that rather pointless. goes back to why does this team relies on a crowd to play with the tempo we used to. you dont see that with other teams

on to some sort of positivity. im not saying we deserved much & we killed ourselves with our wastefulness earlier in the season only mentioned v Newcastle. that shouldve been our 5th win of the season but it was our 1st says majority. but we had more than our fair share of dreadful luck again. just like before kick off, none of our rivals had won for 6-7 weeks so of course we win & then all rivals win their next game. but today get back to 2-1, have some momentum. so spurs bang the goal of the season in.

we were always underdogs that needed the crowd. it might be the same league but the budgets are different worlds no disrespect to our players but spurs have kane & son 2 of the best players in the world. we got mcgoldrick & burke. spurs have 1 greatest managers of the last 20 years. we have a guy that hadnt managed in the top 2 leagues until 4 years ago.

we just to got to beat derby & get around 20pts. make it look something respectable. then comeback learn from our mistakes. when you look at teams come down last season. im sure we will do very well next season. if we keep wilder look at Norwich & Bournemouth. in remaining 18 games they won 2 between them. lost alot of players & are currently 1st & 3rd

I assume this is why Norwood was dropped and berge was in the middle at the start of the season. Problem is we don’t have another midfielder to play instead of Norwood at the moment
Well it could be Ampadu but the jury is out on him. It could be Rodwell - if he ever gets fit or God forbid we are allowed, I'm fairly sure, to try something different !!!
Been shite in the air defensively all season.
Playing possibly the best player currently in the world today in Harry Kane and we know he loves dropping into space to pick the ball up.
Why not pick someone like Jags to man mark him - at least in our half - rather than rigidly forcing Ampadu to the left CB position when to me he is a poor defender?
That gets rid of Norwood - who in many ways HAS deserved a chance to see if he can do what he did last season and adds much needed height and aerial defensive ability.

The players are too nice to each other ... they’ve all gone on this amazing journey together and are best of friends.

the problem is there 0 accountability on the pitch nobody getting a bollocking off anyone for slacking.

I have supported Chris Wilder this season but I honestly think this shower will struggle in the Championship. I think it’s coming to the point of a change in management. I do not trust Chris Wilder with transfer funds. He has his favourites at the club who he has rewarded with stupid and idiotic two and three year contracts. Case in point Norwood, Fleck, Sharp and the ultimate piss take in Jagielka. A huge rebuild is required and I do not Chris will be ruthless enough. What’s the betting Fleck, Norwood, Sharp etc still being at the club next season? Who would take over, I don’t honestly know but it needs fresh ideas and the dead wood shipping out. Chris has been found out as one dimensional and will not change his approach due to stubbornness. I’ve just about had enough after today’s showing.
Feel free
I have supported Chris Wilder this season but I honestly think this shower will struggle in the Championship. I think it’s coming to the point of a change in management. I do not trust Chris Wilder with transfer funds. He has his favourites at the club who he has rewarded with stupid and idiotic two and three year contracts. Case in point Norwood, Fleck, Sharp and the ultimate piss take in Jagielka. A huge rebuild is required and I do not Chris will be ruthless enough. What’s the betting Fleck, Norwood, Sharp etc still being at the club next season? Who would take over, I don’t honestly know but it needs fresh ideas and the dead wood shipping out. Chris has been found out as one dimensional and will not change his approach due to stubbornness. I’ve just about had enough after today’s showing.
Feel free BanderSerge to say what is so hysterically funny about my comments? Feel free to disagree but making yourself look like a 6 year old child with your Emoji just about sums up Sheffield United in general at the moment.

Feel free

Feel free BanderSerge to say what is so hysterically funny about my comments? Feel free to disagree but making yourself look like a 6 year old child with your Emoji just about sums up Sheffield United in general at the moment.
it’s like watching 5 year old kids in the play ground at school. Knee jerking or bi polar, I can’t decide. Either way it’s embarrassing.

it’s like watching 5 year old kids in the play ground at school. Knee jerking or bi polar, I can’t decide. Either way it’s embarrassing.
Embarrassing? Being passionate about your team and being fed up watching the crap being served up in the past 9 months? It’s a forum, what do you expect? All views should be like yours? Be a boring forum if we all thought the same. By the way I am suffering from anxiety and depression at the moment due to being made redundant. Wouldn’t wish it on anybody so be careful what you say regarding mental illness it’s not a trivial matter.

Last edited:
Embarrassing? Being passionate about your team and being fed up watching the crap being served up in the past 9 months? It’s a forum, what do you expect? All views should be like yours? To be honest I’ve changed my mind, put emojis on instead. By the way I am suffering from anxiety and depression at the moment due to being made redundant. Wouldn’t wish it on anybody so be careful what you say regarding mental illness it’s not a trivial matter.
Embarrassing? Being passionate about your team and being fed up watching the crap being served up in the past 9 months? It’s a forum, what do you expect? All views should be like yours? To be honest I’ve changed my mind, put emojis on instead. By the way I am suffering from anxiety and depression at the moment due to being made redundant. Wouldn’t wish it on anybody so be careful what you say regarding mental illness it’s not a trivial matter.
Sorry to hear that. Might be a good idea to have break and stay away from social media for a bit then, if that’s the case?

Sorry to hear that. Might be a good idea to have break and stay away from social media for a bit then, if that’s the case?
Thanks Bander. I don’t want an argument with a fellow Blade, nobody wins. Been thinking of staying off social media for a time, your right. Anyways, appreciate your reply, onwards and upwards hopefully. UTB.

Really poor after last week we showed so much promise. Didzy, our most prem player(a reject from ipswich) shows just how badly a team Wilder has built for the prem. Hes opted for personality and triers over any genuine quality/technical ability at the cost of 120m.

That midfield (apart from lunny) is so poor. Norwood was like pirlo last week and more akin to dean hammond today. Even if we go down we are in trouble! The midfield is in urgent need of updating.
What shocks me is that you think there is some sort of 'idea' behind Chris Wilders sales and signing madness.
Apparently there is a department behind our transfers.
One can only assume it is something along the lines of names emitted at random from a room based on the
" Infinite monkey theorem
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare."
Hence the worse signing in the clubs history #McBurnie and the stupidiest in their history #Brewster.
Yes both worse than #Ebrell!

Sheffield United remain bottom, 11 points from safety.

Just come across this painting of "The KOP" by Terry Gorman. Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur | April 20th 1991 | Final match played at Bramall lane prior to the development and construction of an all-seater stand. 🙌

Terry Gorman signed painting_2000px.jpg

Back
Top Bottom