Match Thread Sheffield United v. Tottenham Hotspur - 17th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
TOTT
TOTT
TOTT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1610750585640.png v. 1610750600016.png
EPL Week 19 - Sunday 17th January 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.527/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 12.25.18.png

Last edited:

Well the standard excuse is that O’Connell is injured. Apparently it’s the reason the rest of the team have forgotten how to defend.

I’d hazard a guess that we conceded more goals from corners per game with JOC in the team than without him this season.

Edit: 2 games with JOC, 2 goals conceded from corners. 17 games without JOC, a lot less than 17 goals conceded from corners.

Last edited:

has a Tottenham player gone down without getting a free kick awarded yet this game?

Our defending on set pieces is absolutely woeful. We have no clue what to do in terms of challenging, marking. Different players each time as well!

Need an equaliser sharpish here or it could be a landlside

loads wrong with the defending in that corner, heading, strength, coming off your line and then back peddling.

Maybe so, but JOC wouldn’t have been marking Aurier today

Yes sorry - my point was that it is nothing to do with JOC’s absence. It was more in response those who imply it wouldn’t be a problem if he had been playing.

The defending is worrying, but our ability to create and score chances is a far bigger concern. We just don’t look like we can force a save out of their keeper let alone score.

Not showing anything that amounted to last weeks win so far, pretty poor overall

70 minutes for Norwood to not get another yellow card here is a big ask, given he has no pace.
Red card coming here, I feel.

For whatever Oli Norwood apparently offers us, his complete lack of athleticism makes him a liability in a Premier league midfield

There is zero composure whatsoever, every time we get the ball it's try to send Burke in behind at the first possible opportunity

I cannot for the life of me understand how Newcastle stay up year after year when they are noticeably the worst team in the league (other than us)

Back
Top Bottom