Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Ham United - 22nd November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WHU
WHU
WHU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1605479175039.png v. 1605479179942.png
EPL Week 9 - Sunday 22nd November 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-ham-united.517/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Jonathan Moss
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 19.54.10.png

Big game for both of us. Injuries/covid could well affect both team selections. I think you're one of the teams that are really missing a home crowd.
Can't wish you luck in this game! Not that that's been doing you any good, so maybe I should!
I just know that United are going to do well in this game...:)
What if we’re both shit?!

Massive 2 matches coming up, both winnable and we need to win at least one of them to try and kick start our season and boost confidence.

Will Egan be able to play, is Fleck ready for a place on the bench, who starts up front, who plays left centre back and left wing back? A lot of questions to be answered.

Brewster looks like he will be available.

U21 manager has stated that if they (U21s) were playing a cup final tomorrow they would play - but not worth taking a risk for this game.

We're more than capable of making our own..
Besides, Brewster yet to score, still waiting for your first win, step forward WHU...
What is your line up for this Sunday? I will ask my Hammer mate (long time season ticket holder) and see how his compares with yours

Need something from this but they're doing pretty well. Play it tight and hope for a bit of luck. I suspect we might get a draw but there won't be much in it.

Ramsdale
Bash - Egan - Ampadu
Baldock - Berge - Norwood - Osborn -Stevens
McBurnie - McGoldrick

It would be good to see what Ampadu can do on the left side of the 3. Given how week our left is anyway.

Need something from this but they're doing pretty well. Play it tight and hope for a bit of luck. I suspect we might get a draw but there won't be much in it.

Ramsdale
Bash - Egan - Ampadu
Baldock - Berge - Norwood - Osborn -Stevens
McBurnie - McGoldrick

It would be good to see what Ampadu can do on the left side of the 3. Given how week our left is anyway.
Isn’t Ampadu a little lacking in height to play in a back three ?

I think we've been so poor down the left hand side recently, I'd be really tempted to get Robinson back in there - and I'm not sure he's good enough !

Just had a quick look, and Enda is 2in taller than Ampadu, who's 5ft 10in.

He is a centre back (although he plays in midfield for Wales). Same height as Robinson and Stevens, but seems to have a better jump on him.

What is your line up for this Sunday? I will ask my Hammer mate (long time season ticket holder) and see how his compares with yours
I think it'll be:

Fabianski
Balbuena Ogbonna(?)/Diop Cresswell
Coufal Rice Soucek Masuaku
Bowen Haller Fornals

Antonio on bench.

Haller ready needs to start scoring...

I think it'll be:

Fabianski
Balbuena Ogbonna(?)/Diop Cresswell
Coufal Rice Soucek Masuaku
Bowen Haller Fornals

Antonio on bench.

Haller ready needs to start scoring...
When you signed Bowen, I forecast that he would be your player of the season this year. How's he shaping up ,?

When you signed Bowen, I forecast that he would be your player of the season this year. How's he shaping up ,?
He's very popular, mate. I really like him. Hardworking, good on the ball & can finish although so far, not a prolific scorer, although he was for Hull.
Last season we looked doomed to go down until we bought Bowen & Soucek (I think) in January & they both really transformed us.
Those two arriving & Antonio's goals are what definitely saved us, so it is possible to buy good players in January, although we don't manage to usually!
I didn't know anything about Bowen beforehand. A shame for Hull that they had to lose him but that sadly, is football for most of us.
We've bought from the Championship before & it didn't work out but it did with this lad. Could potentially cost us £25m so that may have put some PL clubs off.

He's very popular, mate. I really like him. Hardworking, good on the ball & can finish although so far, not a prolific scorer, although he was for Hull.
Last season we looked doomed to go down until we bought Bowen & Soucek (I think) in January & they both really transformed us.
Those two arriving & Antonio's goals are what definitely saved us, so it is possible to buy good players in January, although we don't manage to usually!
I didn't know anything about Bowen beforehand. A shame for Hull that they had to lose him but that sadly, is football for most of us.
We've bought from the Championship before & it didn't work out but it did with this lad. Could potentially cost us £25m so that may have put some PL clubs off.
Thanks mate. He is one i would have loved here, but either Chris didn't fancy him or he was too pricey, and I'm guessing that WH are paying him far more than we could offer.
I hope he has a stinker next match though.

Back
Top Bottom