Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Ham United - 22nd November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WHU
WHU
WHU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1605479175039.png v. 1605479179942.png
EPL Week 9 - Sunday 22nd November 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-ham-united.517/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Jonathan Moss
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 19.54.10.png

Dare i say it.... this is the match to finally kickstart our fight for EPL status. We will play like we did in the first 20 mins vs Chelsea, but this time sustain it for 90.

3-1 Didzy brace
I can see noting but doom, 1-3 .....2 late goals from the shammers

Our worst case scenario team looks pretty bad but I suspect only half the doubts will be out and Fleck at least will be back.

I'm worried that we play in 2 days and 'a few' is more than 2 in my book :eek:

Wilder not giving much away on the Berge situation but I think he knows if he's playing (please be playing) or not.

Opposition view video from a West Ham fan ahead of this one talking about the history between the clubs in recent years:

I can't remember if Moss is a c*nt to us or not. I'm going with he is.
On a similar theme, I notice that Simon Beck is additional var. Thank f*ck he's nowhere on the pitch.
Two seasons ago home to Liverpool (before var), as lino he failed to see Milner receive the ball so blatantly offside that Stevie Wonder would have flagged it, who then crossed it for them to score.
DylrHkEWoAAny3E
To be fair to the linesman he would need two sets of eyes. One set for the in's and out's and the other for the offsides, he can't be looking at both at the same time.

It's ok, I've taken the hit and put 3 West Ham players in my FPL team including keeper and defender so that's a 5-0 win for us.

To be fair to the linesman he would need two sets of eyes. One set for the in's and out's and the other for the offsides, he can't be looking at both at the same time.
I do get what you're saying but isn't that the same for all lino's, every single game? He's definitely only looking at whether the ball goes out but he really should have been in line with the last defender. He should have then been able to see Milner offside. As it was, he was ahead of Milner! Shocking positioning.

Forgot to say, he turned up for the match with a teenagers trendy haircut & with his gut hanging over his shorts, looking about 2 stone overweight..
After the game, I swear that I thought he was a ringer, someone they'd just got off the street & not a genuine match official.
Anyway, Foxy updated the match officials & he's not anywhere near for this game.
sport-preview-simonbeck.png

I do get what you're saying but isn't that the same for all lino's, every single game? He's definitely only looking at whether the ball goes out but he really should have been in line with the last defender. He should have then been able to see Milner offside. As it was, he was ahead of Milner! Shocking positioning.
I don't know how old you are but do you remember Roger Fitzpatrick? Little bald fat bloke with a funny run but a first class referee, don't judge a book by its cover.😉

Terrible start to the season , if they don't awake up from NOW , its down we go , we really need all 3 points , would be a great morale booster too , get your heads up Blades ,were well capable of getting win.

if any game is must win. this is it. because ive said we dont win 1 of the next 2. it could be an sad day. & we will likely be in ranieri territory

but im optimistic because in last proper game we had a chance in. it probably the best half of football since chelsea & shouldve won 4-0. if we got that attitude it can kick start the season

I’m always optimistic...
The club has never been run better with really solid foundations throughout.

We’ve got the best manager and senior (& junior!) squad I’ve ever known in 46 years of living on this planet.

We will be fine...and why not give West Ham a thumping!!?

Was he the ref who took us and Man City (?) off the pitch due to some looney tune in the crowd constantly blowing a referee's whistle ?
He refereed when we played Man City in Nov 1975 and awarded us a controversial penalty but I dont remember him taking both teams off. I do remember a phantom whistler during the Texaco Cup match between the same teams in August 1974. TC was on the left and was about to receive a long pass but picked up the ball and booted it to the back of the John Street stand. The ref then came up to a policeman to look out for the phantom whistler. It was a brief delay before play resumed.

Massive two games coming up even at this early stage. 4 points minimum for me please.

Two defeats and we're well adrift with confidence rock bottom and pressure mounting on every game.

What's the record for most games without a win in the top league since football started in 1992.

To the ones wanting weird or strange changes to personnel/position/formation it simply IS NOT going to happen.

We might be bottom - we haven't been that bad for most of the season.

We need to start and do a few things better:

Solid down the left FIRST - attack minded second.
There's not a lot wrong with the right hand side.
Stabilise a central midfield three.
Keep a clean sheet or two or three - would be massive for confidence.
Keep away from anything controversial - sometimes easier said than done, I know with fucking VAR
Don't "give" the opposition anything cheap
Stay strong as a team.
We're OK for now - season starts tomorrow.

UTB

shuwhu.JPG

Back
Top Bottom