Project Restart - Hoping for 8th June

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why 28? Why not 19? Why not 5 or 10?

However it's done, someone will have an issue with it.

But unfortunately "points per game" is done exactly as it sounds. Just because we've played a game less doesn't mean we can moan if we miss out.
28 is the most number of games we have all played

28 games have decided the title in its hidtory

interesting L1 & L2 because they cant survive without the gate receipts. will be using a more evolved points per game systems that takes home & away games into account

So it's a possibility that Wycombe who are 8th could be a Championship club come August

Shock horror. All round cunt Scott Duxbury opposes neutral venues and proposed restart whilst talking about integrity LOLOLOL

Yeah just been reading it surprise suprise. BBC also reporting some other clubs have a similiar opinion yet not stating which clubs or how they know. Quality of some BBC reporting since the virus has started has sunk really low. Its like this 14 day quarantine for incoming travellers its all over the news and on TV showing rotating under the Coronovirus Update on TV yet when asked about it they just said "wait till Boris's speech tomorrow" which makes the Beeb look very stupid. They are just reporting on a leak. I do hope its not true as a) it would be a nightmare to enforce and b) it would make the BBC look really stupid, even if its not quite as bad as they are making out. Better they just keep the airports shut for non essential travel until it can be managed better with social distancing.

With 39,000 seats at Hillsborough and their 'official' average attendance this season there shouldn't be a problem with 'social distancing'.

Premier league also. I'll take that, we finish 6th and the Shammers are relegated, no wonder Brady has been so vocal.

That system, but where the differences are tight, And there’s something riding on it ie 5/6th and 16-19, play some matches at neutral venues to decide the positions.

I saw one version of the PPG table that had us finishing 6th in the Europa League place and Wet Sham getting relegated.

That wouldn’t be a bad outcome, would it?

And just think, if their last minute equaliser at BDTBL hadn’t been disallowed by VAR, neither of those outcomes would be possible. 😜😂🥳

I saw one version of the PPG table that had us finishing 6th in the Europa League place and Wet Sham getting relegated.

That wouldn’t be a bad outcome, would it?

And just think, if their last minute equaliser at BDTBL hadn’t been disallowed by VAR, neither of those outcomes would be possible. 😜😂🥳
I would rather finish the season by any means necessary so that our lads can secure Europe and those spineless overpaid tossers at West Ham can earn their relegation 😃

Brighton have announced three of their players have tested positive for Cornavirus.. whats the betting the virus mainly targets teams in the relegation battle?

Timing of this is highly suspicious isn't it.
Paul Barber has been a real vocal dissenter against resuming, and playing on neutral grounds.
Trying to play the get out of jail card me thinks.

Timing of this is highly suspicious isn't it.
Paul Barber has been a real vocal dissenter against resuming, and playing on neutral grounds.
Trying to play the get out of jail card me thinks.

There can be no possible other explanation for why 1 more person could have tested positive for a virus in the middle of a global pandemic...

All of the bottom six teams with a chance of going down will be against a restart, because they know if it doesn’t happen, there’ll be no relegations at all.

Even if it gets the go ahead, I can see those same teams trying to derail the fixtures by any means possible, Karen Bradys probably got a freezer full of bat burgers, ready for an impromptu team BBQ round at hers.

All of the bottom six teams with a chance of going down will be against a restart, because they know if it doesn’t happen, there’ll be no relegations at all.

Even if it gets the go ahead, I can see those same teams trying to derail the fixtures by any means possible, Karen Bradys probably got a freezer full of bat burgers, ready for an impromptu team BBQ round at hers.

The simple way to mitigate that is tell them it will be decided on points per game and relegation will still apply. The Three teams scheduled to finish bottom three would immediately do a 180 and join the clubs voting to restart.

Talk of early June since the start of April. Would have to have to speed up a fair amount to get going in time.

I do find it funny how all these clubs raising concerns are not yet mentioning the games will be played in far warmer weather than usual.

Strictly speaking I agree Loughborough Blade,

But there do seem to be a lot of coincidences here doesn't there

Teams in the bottom 6 want the league to be null & void
Teams in the bottom have medical staff who are worried about safety
Teams in the bottom of the league don't want to play behind closed doors
Teams in the bottom are now ok to play , as long as relegation is removed
Teams in the bottom have players that are unwilling to play
Teams in the bottom the day before the meeting have Covid19 infections

Strange that teams in thre top 10 don't appear to have any of these problems
( except Aguero ??????)

Strictly speaking I agree Loughborough Blade,

But there do seem to be a lot of coincidences here doesn't there

Teams in the bottom 6 want the league to be null & void
Teams in the bottom have medical staff who are worried about safety
Teams in the bottom of the league don't want to play behind closed doors
Teams in the bottom are now ok to play , as long as relegation is removed
Teams in the bottom have players that are unwilling to play
Teams in the bottom the day before the meeting have Covid19 infections

Strange that teams in thre top 10 don't appear to have any of these problems
( except Aguero ??????)

Don't forget poor Villa have a game in hand. Alan McInally was banging on about how unfair PPG would be as Villa would move out of the bottom 3 with this. Not for a second did he contemplate they could actually lose this game as they were playing a team with one of the best away records in Europe over the past 16 months.

Brighton have announced three of their players have tested positive for Cornavirus.. whats the betting the virus mainly targets teams in the relegation battle?
They will be fine to play in June if they arent showing any symptoms.

I'm sure if we were in the bottom six Wilder wouldn't complain about finishing the season off at neutral grounds if that's the only way possible.
Though Chris's mentality and the character of the team is why we are no where near it.

The simple way to mitigate that is tell them it will be decided on points per game and relegation will still apply. The Three teams scheduled to finish bottom three would immediately do a 180 and join the clubs voting to restart.

Yeah agreed, but the EPL don’t have the balls to do that.

Lets face it this restart is all about money, TV money is what drives the game at the highest level and they‘ll want to see the matches they’ve paid for or their money back. Plus, the financial consequences associated with relegation and European qualification, are astronomical. If those matters are decided by any means other than by playing actual football, the governing bodies know there will be a litigious free for all, that could disrupt the game for years to come.

if proof were needed, look at League 1 & 2, there’s no way they will finish their season and ironically they are the sides who can ill afford to lose revenue. But without multi millions of pounds to cloud the issue, that decision will be made, using common sense and due perspective of the health and welfare of everyone involved, versus simply fulfilling fixtures.

Last edited:
Clubs at the bottom are doing exactly what I thought they would and will use any means possible to delay the start and hope that the season is canned. They should just say if games are not restarted by a certain date then its points per game and the season is done...see how quick Watford and West Ham spring into gear then?!

I have been critiqued for being negative on this but I am just being realistic in terms of a restart. Clubs using it to their advantage is part of that but other players will get it regardless of which club or standing in the table.

This has been the issue all along...even if it gets to a restart date and there are many barriers to overcome for that too. Players will catch it..then teams will either self quarantine or refuse to play. The track and trace app (if this is in operation) would surely also say that the other players have been in contact so need to isolate too? Teams and clubs could say they are following govt advice and self isolate for 14 days?

Of course in other jobs many of us will have to go about our business and still work but footballers are highly paid and can afford to sit out if clubs tell them.

Dissenters and suspicions will come from many other fans of other clubs but Brighton or whoever announces it will get little criticism from the wider population many of whom think football should not even be contemplating a restart.

Did I think that clubs will manipulate it? Absolutely but not sure the what the premier league can do. Let's say a few players in a team get it and the rest, teammates and opponents (even a test is no good as it could be days to a week before symptoms show) refuse to play....then what?

As I say the only option is to put a final deadline on a restart as clubs will just keep delaying and delaying. I don't think it will restart for a fair while yet for a number of reasons but the posturing over fairness is a nonsense. The club's at the bottom would have more respect if they talked about safety and health rather than this nonsense about it not being fair playing on neutral grounds as the season did not start like that. Of course we would still feel they are saying it to suit their agenda but it be a more credible argument.

There are many ways to skin a cat. If I were the Premier League I would test these supposed morals and principles that the bottom 6 are purporting to hold.

State that relegation is happening, irregardless of whether the season can be played out. Then devise half a dozen different metrics for placing teams should no further games be played. Each metric should see different teams from the bottom 6 finishing in the bottom 3. Advise clubs that the Premier League holds the power to decide which metric is the fairest. Then see whether or not they want to finish the season.

Back
Top Bottom