Project Restart - Hoping for 8th June

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's not be too precious about it. What would your view be had we been 4th bottom on a poor run of form?
That stance is irrelevant,
It's only basis is about saving your own team, and has nothing to do with what is the right thing to do.
The situation is in every teams own hands if (as it should be ) the season is finished

I'd love to be catapulted into a Eurospot, and finally shut the Wendy's up regarding that one ommission in our rivalry.
But I am happier to see how we finish, and match up to Man U & Leicester away etc. even if that means missing out on Europe.
I want to see us play, we are exciting to watch, and still confound opposing teams.

That stance is irrelevant,
It's only basis is about saving your own team, and has nothing to do with what is the right thing to do.
The situation is in every teams own hands if (as it should be ) the season is finished

I'd love to be catapulted into a Eurospot, and finally shut the Wendy's up regarding that one ommission in our rivalry.
But I am happier to see how we finish, and match up to Man U & Leicester away etc. even if that means missing out on Europe.
I want to see us play, we are exciting to watch, and still confound opposing teams.
It's as relevant as any other. You're correct, it's all about saving your own team which is exactly why Karen Brady has been pleading for abandonment. I don't agree with it and I too want to watch us playing expansive football and qualifying for Europe but make no mistake that's because of the position we find ourselves in at this time. If we looked like getting relegated this forum would be full of people wanting to call time on the season, especially at the expense of Leeds.

Let's not be too precious about it. What would your view be had we been 4th bottom on a poor run of form?

I'm personally not even thinking about our position in wanting to complete the season. We have a really hard run in and with no crowd backing us against the likes of Spurs and Chelsea, it will be hard to break into Europe in my opinion. The best option purely for United would be to end the season and use a points per game system but I don't think that's at all fair. Its not going to be completely fair whatever happens after such a long break and returning in such a different atmosphere but the fairest thing is to complete the games, no matter how long it takes.

I'm personally not even thinking about our position in wanting to complete the season. We have a really hard run in and with no crowd backing us against the likes of Spurs and Chelsea, it will be hard to break into Europe in my opinion. The best option purely for United would be to end the season and use a points per game system but I don't think that's at all fair. Its not going to be completely fair whatever happens after such a long break and returning in such a different atmosphere but the fairest thing is to complete the games, no matter how long it takes.
As said, I agree with a completion of the season but just believe it's easier to say it from the position we find ourselves at this stage.

You listen to the atmosphere at some of the re-runs and it’s hard to imagine games without a crowd there. Definitely impact on us more than some others in my opinion.

I’m really missing this..

Unfortunately you wont be seeing this Gray me old , as it will be behind closed doors and believe me its crap , no atmosphere no noise just like training , but i suppose its something , Speaking of no atmosphere no noise hows those pigs getting on , is it the same for the championship and the rest of the leagues ??

You listen to the atmosphere at some of the re-runs and it’s hard to imagine games without a crowd there. Definitely impact on us more than some others in my opinion.
Yeah agree, we may suffer due to our honesty. Whoever screams the loudest gets the decision. Think they may have to mute the microphone near the technical area!

I would still want the season finished, and for what it's worth i have a gut feeling we will not be has good as we were before the break and we will finish outside the European places.
I am a half empty kind of guy though.

Even if we collect only a few more points we will still be in the Premier League when the next season starts, so we should not be too disappointed if we don’t get European foot ball next season.

We don't have enough tests for NHS staff and we're supposed to waste them on football?

For viewers, can’t they just dub some crowd noise on? Surely you just need a person watching it who understands football and raises the volume when there’s a chance, hits a button when a goal goes in so the crowd roars etc.

For viewers, can’t they just dub some crowd noise on? Surely you just need a person watching it who understands football and raises the volume when there’s a chance, hits a button when a goal goes in so the crowd roars etc.
I’m sure they could but that doesn’t impact players which was my thoughts

It's hard to say what the country will be like. It's 6 weeks away. 6 weeks ago some people were still saying "it's just the flu" still and going to watch Irish men on horses.

Testing and infection rates etc etc will likely be very different to today just like it's very different to 6 weeks ago.

But what won't be different is my total indifference to behind closed doors football i get why it's being done. For money from TV companies I've always struggled to get into any closed doors games on TV before and can't see it changing. I'll probably watch blades games but nothing else where as if it was "normal" I'd catch all the big games

It's hard to say what the country will be like. It's 6 weeks away. 6 weeks ago some people were still saying "it's just the flu" still and going to watch Irish men on horses.

Testing and infection rates etc etc will likely be very different to today just like it's very different to 6 weeks ago.

But what won't be different is my total indifference to behind closed doors football i get why it's being done. For money from TV companies I've always struggled to get into any closed doors games on TV before and can't see it changing. I'll probably watch blades games but nothing else where as if it was "normal" I'd catch all the big games

Agree...the other week I watched Liverpool versus Ath Madrid and PSG v Borussia Dortmund.
Everytime I flicked over to the PSG game I struggled to watch it....you could hear the players shouting to each other....the non event of an atmosphere really made the game feel like a non event. It was harder to watch than I thought....and I mainly watched the Liverpool game instead.

Do you get a yellow card for pulling off a players face mask?

Agree...the other week I watched Liverpool versus Ath Madrid and PSG v Borussia Dortmund.
Everytime I flicked over to the PSG game I struggled to watch it....you could hear the players shouting to each other....the non event of an atmosphere really made the game feel like a non event. It was harder to watch than I thought....and I mainly watched the Liverpool game instead.

How many United matches have you watched that were behind closed doors? I agree watching a neutral match is difficult, but it’s going to be easier to watch a United because you care far more about the result.

God forbid the" morons" should have their voices heard.
Well it’s an illogical, and in my view moronic, suggestion to prioritise a season that hasn’t started over a season that’s almost finished. in answer to your previous question, it wouldn’t change. I’d want football to return ASAP, just as I do now.

If we miss out on Europe but play the games so be it. This is an amazing time to be a blade. These videos on twitter and discussions about is being in league one not so long ago is incredible when you think about it.

How many United matches have you watched that were behind closed doors? I agree watching a neutral match is difficult, but it’s going to be easier to watch a United because you care far more about the result.

Struggled with England Croatia recently. Caring about result doesn't make a empty stadium full.

Don't underestimate the drive and quality our team and management have to get a Champions League spot, never mind Europa League. With or without fans in the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom