John Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You won't admit you called it wrong (as we all do from time to time).

Plenty agreed with you but quite a few recognised a decent footballer and defended the lad. I know i was one and I'm more than happy for anyone who can be arsed to dig back and see that, but I wasn't alone. It's not that I have wonder analysis skills, I just saw a decent young footballer doing his best while the usual lynch mob wanted to hang him out to dry.

What, like magic?

I don't think the lad has changed other than getting a bit fitter. Obviously he's playing a different role (Coutts shirt now amply filled by Ollie), that suits him more, but he is a good two footed footballer and was always going to be able to adapt.
He is fitter but his biggest change is positional discipline. He was constantly out of position as one of the 2 CMs behind a 10. He's a lot more comfortable in this formation but he also seems to have grown up a bit and started to take responsibility for his role.

I predicted none of this. He played less than 500 minutes last season - it was very hard to see what has happened this season based on previous performances

Nobody was wrong who had a negative view of him at that time. There was no evidence to the contrary

Have you actually read a word I've said about him being a good footballer? What more evidence could you want?

I'm out. If you want to put it down to your superior debating skills then fine, but from where I sit you are making circular arguments and refusing to accept what others saw at the time.

He’s undoubtedly done well this season, but if we want to start creating more chances and therefore score more goals, I don’t see Lundstram as the long term solution.

If you listen to Bladespod, you'll know I now only wear a Colombia shirt

Ha!

I note you haven't denied my 'facts' about Mrs Roygbiv wanting you to bin the tatty old rags. Do you wear it in bed a la David Mellor, or do you have some comfy winceyette Noddy pyjamas for those 'special' early nights?

Have you actually read a word I've said about him being a good footballer? What more evidence could you want?

I'm out. If you want to put it down to your superior debating skills then fine, but from where I sit you are making circular arguments and refusing to accept what others saw at the time.
The others saw being obviously your fantastic scouting eye and that of about 48 others inside Bramall Lane? Including the management.

He’s undoubtedly done well this season, but if we want to start creating more chances and therefore score more goals, I don’t see Lundstram as the long term solution.

Just to play devils advocate, he's the only one of the current trio that has scored a goal or directly created a goal.

Ha!

I note you haven't denied my 'facts' about Mrs Roygbiv wanting you to bin the tatty old rags. Do you wear it in bed a la David Mellor, or do you have some comfy winceyette Noddy pyjamas for those 'special' early nights?

I sleep alone in the nude

Just to play devils advocate, he's the only one of the current trio that has scored a goal or directly created a goal.

I’m looking at it from a sense that I would personally like to see us playing a “Duffy” role and Lundstram doesn’t seem to fit that system.

He’s ok in a three against better slides, but against Southampton and Watford we didn’t create anywhere near enough quality chances we should’ve/could’ve.

I’m looking at it from a sense that I would personally like to see us playing a “Duffy” role and Lundstram doesn’t seem to fit that system.

He’s ok in a three against better slides, but against Southampton and Watford we didn’t create anywhere near enough quality chances we should’ve/could’ve.

I feel the same but thinking that makes me feel terribly conflicted because Lundstram has been a revelation.

I feel the same but thinking that makes me feel terribly conflicted because Lundstram has been a revelation.

Was he a revelation against Watford or Southampton (7 down and counting)? It’s horses for courses, his best performances have been against better opposition. We can’t keep showing crap teams too much respect and not winning.

There are a number of posters on here who have no time for Football Heaven / Praise and Grumble on Radio Sheffield but there's a guy called 2-1 Ken (a regular caller) who's been beating on for ages about how good John Lundstram is.

Was he a revelation against Watford or Southampton (7 down and counting)? It’s horses for courses, his best performances have been against better opposition. We can’t keep showing crap teams too much respect and not winning.
There are no crap teams in this division. I think the manager knows what he is doing......

You might be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom