All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liverpool's membership is the same as ours as in the more games you go to the more likely chance you have of getting to a game

Anyone who says they just phoned up and got one is lying
They have a 25000 waiting list for season tickets and sell certain games for thousands of pounds
Our system is about as fair as it can be , the club should find some way of getting kids I. Who haven't been before but it shouldn't be at the expense of others
I'm.not sure of the price but I'm sure the season tickets are pretty reasonable
Fairness is the key. I have little time for people who say they are Blades fans of 15 years but have no loyalty points, it just doesn't add up.
But at the same time, I want Joe Bloggs to be able to say to his kids, 'Blades are playing this Saturday, shall we all go to our first match?' . So long as all existing supporters have had good chance to get tickets, and there's some way of preventing them actually being an ICF family, they should be able to get tickets.
Fair on existing fans and encourage in the next generation.

Even General Sale tickets are for those with 500 points
Says the same thing on www.sufc.co.uk for the Leicester game

"From Monday 19th August, any remaining tickets will be on general sale to those with a minimum of 500 loyalty points"
United changed policy when Palace returned some of their allocation and dropped it to 0 points. They have also dropped Leicester tickets to 200 points.

A big thanks to the club from me for relaxing the restrictions as I can now bring my youngest to the Leicester game. With Blackburn tickets he will be over the 500 point threshold. I'm sure that other fans with children will benefit from this too! Perhaps the club will now review the system?

Still in the 30,000's thought would've been 31k but dont know what our sell out is anymore.

Just explain? So you can ring the ticket office and say I haven't got 500 loyalty points and they will just ignore club policy and let you have one?
Yes, that’s what I did for Palace to take my nephew to his first game. Of course given the free-for-all suggestion for ST holders, I could still buy him a ticket but he’d have to sit on his own somewhere hopefully in the Kop. He’s 7.

Still in the 30,000's thought would've been 31k but dont know what our sell out is anymore.

32,125 capacity minus however many restricted view seats we have, although some people will take the hit for the big games I imagine.

The Liverpool game will provide us our sell out figure I think.

Right , Sheffield football people (who aren't pigs) it's time to put your money where your mouth us.
Soton match on 14/9 is at 3pm , not on live TV - and today it's gone to General Sale - NO EXCUSES NOW.
Is there enough interest in Sheffield to fill the Lane home areas (Soton fans haven't sold our the away seats on BLLT).
Best "behind the goal" view in the UK to watch Premiership football.

Right , Sheffield football people (who aren't pigs) today it's gone to General Sale - NO EXCUSES NOW.

Apart from the fact that you can still only purchase a single ticket with each membership. Some people will be put off by the fact that they can't sit with their mates. Others - kids for example - won't have a membership number at all, as their tickets have previously been bought for them by parents or mates

Can't understand why we are so worried about infiltration of away fans .Anyone who shows photo ID with there address on application in person for a ticket shouldn't have any trouble getting one ,surely proof of ID is sufficient.
Stopping possible future fans is crazy we have a great chance of building our support but putting obstacles in the way is not good business.
Unless away fans get in home areas in groups ! no way could they cause major crowd problems.
If a survey was possible to check how many away fans get in home areas at every match with all teams ? The result would be ! all matches get a number of away fans infiltrating , most fans go for the football .Any looking for trouble would be easily rooted out, in my opinion of course!.
Society today bows too easily to ant-social behaviour, who spoil it for us all ! Clamp on them and don't let go !!

We are the only premier league club that don’t sell out and yet still stop fans buying tickets.....madness, madness they call it madness!!!

That's obviously not the case though.

The maximum number of people who have loyalty points will be way over 26,000. It's not the same people every week that make up the 26,000 is it.

Lets say the average attendance last season was about 26,177

21,000 of those might have been season tickets and the other 5177 each week will be made of some people who attended all the games or 10 games or 5 games or only 1 or 2 games. I bet the number of fans buying tickets last year will be well over 30,000 , and the same for the previous 2 seasons meaning that the potential pool is somewhere in the 30,000s

The issue will be how many are prepared to fork out £40 to have the right to get a ticket and the club has now painted itself into a corner with that decision.

It needs to make a change to the rules so that it's clear that when the points system is exhausted then people from an S11 post code can get a ticket or people with a previous buying history they can prove.

That way an 8 year old kid can drag his/her mum/dad down and start to build a customer record for the future.

Just under 60,000 different people attended games the last time we were in the PL

Some people will be put off by the fact that they can't sit with their mates.

Last time we were in the prem my mate and myself wanted to bring a friend, we swapped our kop tickets and bought one extra for the BLUT so we all sat together. What else can you do when the ground is nearly sold out.

3 tickets behind the kop pillar, please, not.

I also think that you can add friends and family to your membership/season ticket on the database and buy tickets for them using your points, though as I have not actually tried it I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Last time we were in the prem my mate and myself wanted to bring a friend, we swapped our kop tickets and bought one extra for the BLUT so we all sat together. What else can you do when the ground is nearly sold out.

3 tickets behind the kop pillar, please, not.

I also think that you can add friends and family to your membership/season ticket on the database and buy tickets for them using your points, though as I have not actually tried it I may be wrong.
No you can only buy when the friend or family have the required points which makes it impossible to sit in a group unless the members with most points wait to buy until the other members points tally with the required number.

No you can only buy when the friend or family have the required points which makes it impossible to sit in a group unless the members with most points wait to buy until the other members points tally with the required number.

Ah ISC.

I’ve only checked the website of half a dozen PL clubs but it seems we are the only PL with “general sale” restrictions.
At other clubs points are just to sort out priority selling......once sales hit general sale...then anyone can buy a ticket.
At Leicester an unlimited amount of tickets can be bought by season tickets holders or members.
If you can’t arrange for a season tickets holder to buy a ticket on your behalf...then you must be on the database.
This is Leicester’s way to prevent large numbers of away fans in home areas.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that tickets go on sale at other clubs 6 to 8 weeks before matches where as we don’t start sales until 4 weeks before a match.
Other clubs start general sale 4 weeks before a match whereas we wait until 1 week before a match (with added restrictions).

Wonder why we don’t simply copy what every other PL club is doing?
Also wonder if it’s some form of SAG interference telling us how we can sell our own tickets.

Last edited:
I’ve only checked the website of half a dozen PL clubs but it seems we are the only PL with “general sale” restrictions.
At other clubs points are just to sort out priority selling......once sales hit general sale...then anyone can buy a ticket.
At Leicester an unlimited amount of tickets can be bought by season tickets holders or members.
If you can’t arrange for a season tickets holder to buy a ticket on your behalf...then you must be on the database.
This is Leicester’s way to prevent large numbers of away fans in home areas.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that tickets go on sale at other clubs 6 to 8 weeks before matches where as we don’t start sales until 4 weeks before a match.
Other clubs start general sale 4 weeks before a match whereas we wait until 1 week before a match (with added restrictions).

Wonder why we don’t simply copy what every other PL club is doing?
Also wonder if it’s some form of SAG interference telling us how we can sell our own tickets.
I would love to know what Mccabe thinks of the way we do things,accepted we have employees who are at the decision making end but what does McCabe think of it all .
Foxy how about it ! you seem to have contacts within the club ?.What are we scared of as a club ! No one wants areas that are no go !! We have had them for years,accepted when in lower divisions the cost wasnt good business but surely now the business model has been revued , we are PREMIERLEAGUE.

Apart from the fact that you can still only purchase a single ticket with each membership. Some people will be put off by the fact that they can't sit with their mates. Others - kids for example - won't have a membership number at all, as their tickets have previously been bought for them by parents or mates
No need for membership.
Just roll up , completely unknown to the club , buy tickets + give personal details of each person who's attending (presumably the club would query any Hampshire addresses) and obtain a customer number + rock on.

We are the only premier league club that don’t sell out and the only one with restrictions on general sale.......Who anyone be prepared to hazard a guess why we are the only ones that don’t sell out??

We are the only premier league club that don’t sell out and yet still stop fans buying tickets.....madness, madness they call it madness!!!
From 11am tomorrow Tuesday 10 Sept , all you need to buy a ticket is not to be from Southampton or possibly Hampshire.

We are the only premier league club that don’t sell out and the only one with restrictions on general sale.......Who anyone be prepared to hazard a guess why we are the only ones that don’t sell out??
Wot a load of bollocks. Just watch M O T D and see the empty spaces at a lot of the grounds including Arsenal, Man City. S S of P.

Any hardcore Blade can easily acquire tickets, so one could argue there’s no problem.
The most important people (true Blades) are catered for and should be fine.

However the PL is the hottest ticket in town.
There are 1000’s of neutrals, football lovers, students, lapsed Blades, half hearted Blades who have an interest in seeing out matches.
If you ask them to jump through a few hoops then by definition of their casual support status....they’ll simply not bother.

I’ve already mentioned that I work with an old guy originally from Portsmouth.
He has minimal recent interest in football and no interest in watching us BUT when finding out his rival club Southampton are in town on Saturday asked me if we could buy a ticket for this one match...told him no.....he’s fine about this and keeps his money in his pocket.

The current policy stops casual fans, neutrals/ potential fans from becoming “proper” paying fans of the future.
Agree, would be interested to know what McCabe thinks about restrictions.

As I said it does make you wonder if this has been forced on us by SAG?

Look on the website - NO MEMBERSHIP NEEDED , NO POINTS NEEDED , don't even need to be in the database , as long as you can give them some kosher details (perhaps with address ID ?) so they can add you + your family , friends , even if NONE of you have ever been to the Lane ever before.

I can’t buy extra tickets as a season ticket holder since 1971 (not to be trusted) all those new students arriving this weekend can’t buy tickets....empty seats once again...

Look on the website - NO MEMBERSHIP NEEDED , NO POINTS NEEDED , don't even need to be in the database , as long as you can give them some kosher details (perhaps with address ID ?) so they can add you + your family , friends , even if NONE of you have ever been to the Lane ever before.

Apologies.....just seen the Southampton ticket update that was added to the news section 5 hours ago.

Back
Top Bottom