Guess the attendance against Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Does anyone know what our current stadium capacity is?

Are we still facing stadium restrictions from SAG?
What’s the situation on the BLUT, last season in the Championship, the front 3 rows were never used…covered with netting.
However the last time we were in the Prem…only the front row couldn’t be used.

Are we still playing games of waiting until every seat is sold before releasing much better view seats in the South stand and BLUT.

The official site shows just 34 tickets left, all in the Kop corner stand.

I’m assuming Palace have sold all their tickets, so tomorrows match should show us what our current operating capacity is, surely it will be over 31K.
I’m guessing 31,215.

Last edited:

Does anyone know what our current stadium capacity is?

Are we still facing stadium restrictions from SAG?
What’s the situation on the BLUT, last season in the Championship, the front 3 rows were never used…covered with netting.
However the last time we were in the Prem…only the front row couldn’t be used.

Are we still playing games of waiting until every seat is sold before releasing much better view seats in the South stand and BLUT.

The official site shows just 34 tickets left, all in the Kop corner stand.

I’m assuming Palace have sold all their tickets, so tomorrows match should show us what our current operating capacity is, surely it will be over 31K.
I’m guessing 31,215.
Full. Full!

This is all that's left in the home end

1691740492312.png

Full. Full!

This is all that's left in the home end

View attachment 167927

Thats 32 tickets left now.

Appreciate the ground will be full….should be sold out when the match starts.
Thats my point, there’s been heavy SAG in recent seasons and they (for some reason) appear to restrict our capacity from match to match.

Loads of matches last season were very close to a sell out but sometimes we didn’t even break 30K….
other times we had official sell outs but our biggest crowd last season was still only 30,780.

In the PL 3 seasons ago the capacity reduced from 32,700 down to 32,050 seats.
So is the operating stadium capacity still 32,050…….and if it’s virtually sold out then shouldn’t there be around 32K there tomorrow?

Surely they haven't sold all those P1 Travel tickets at £90 a pop on the Bramall Lane Upper?

Wednesday would have sold more,

Not for normal matches.

The SW fan base is a strange one.
They have 1000’s that turn up for one-off big matches (which to be fair is impressive) but their average attendances are never that high.

We averaged nearly 29K last season and that was with a SAG imposed restricted capacity and some of the most expensive pay on the day prices in the EFL.
The last time SW beat that average outside the top flight was in 1952.
Even in the top flight Wednesday have, in the last 50 years, rarely (it’s happened once when they averaged over 29K in 1992) matched what we got last season

Know quite a few Wednesday fans who took their friends and partners to their Wembley game but they’re not what you would call “proper” fans.

Last edited:
And as half expected…….the club have now released bits of seating in several other areas.
Always find it weird how a batch of tickets on the South stand always become available the day before a match.
Why not make them instantly available for purchase?

So it’s not virtually sold out….now about 200 tickets left.
It’ll still be well over 30K there on Saturday, maybe even 31K.

4385E150-BEAE-4009-B488-942455145539.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkc
And as half expected…….the club have now released bits of seating in several other areas.
Always find it weird how a batch of tickets on the South stand always become available the day before a match.

It’ll still be well over 30K there on Saturday.

View attachment 167944
Can never fathom this. Would an explanation from the club be unreasonable ?

Not for normal matches.

The SW fan base is a strange one.
They have 1000’s that turn up for one-off big matches (which to be fair is impressive) but their average attendances are never that high.

We averaged nearly 29K last season and that was with a SAG imposed restricted capacity and some of the most expensive pay on the day prices in the EFL.
The last time SW beat that average outside the top flight was in 1952.
Even in the top flight Wednesday have, in the last 50 years, rarely (it’s happened once when they averaged over 29K in 1992) matched what we got last season

Know quite a few Wednesday fans who took their friends and partners to their Wembley game but they’re not what you would call “proper” fans.
They had 30,000 on the pitch after a Palace game once ......

The actual attendance will be 5 down because we'll be at a birthday do but of course we will be there according to the official attendance!

I asked the club if they could sell our seats (the people who would sometimes have our seats will also be unavailable) and it seems a shame there will be seats empty when the game is more than likely sold out. I know there's no official mechanism for selling on seats but for a possible sell out game it's a pity there will be empty seats

The actual attendance will be 5 down because we'll be at a birthday do but of course we will be there according to the official attendance!

I asked the club if they could sell our seats (the people who would sometimes have our seats will also be unavailable) and it seems a shame there will be seats empty when the game is more than likely sold out. I know there's no official mechanism for selling on seats but for a possible sell out game it's a pity there will be empty seats
But it's not sold out , there's still a good amount of seats to buy before reselling season tickets

It’ll still be well over 30K there on Saturday, maybe even 31K.

View attachment 167944
They are likely to be complimentary tickets being returned. Any one who has been ripped off by having to pay £37 for a restricted view seat will hopefully now be able to swop it for a decent seat. RV seats should be sold at a discounted price imo.

Yeah we're all depressed but we are still going to see if it's as bad as people think

Some clubs (eg Tottenham) do this, can’t understand why we don’t as it would generate revenue as well as atmosphere with the ground full

be as near to 30k as possible wont be full if palace dont sell out their allocation
but theres only 15 seats showing available on ticket site for obstructed view seats

Does anyone other than the SAG know the present capacity at the lane? I would say there will be more than 31,000 in attendance and Palace are not the biggest draw in the Premier League we could really do with more seats but that's for the other thread.

Back
Top Bottom