Guess the attendance against Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many have they sold? Surely a sell out? Sure they did, or almost did last time (and wasn’t it a Sunday?).

With the exception of Bournmouth Brentford and Luton I’d imagine every other club will sell their allocation easily.

I’ve not seen anything re Palace but would be amazed if they haven’t sold all theirs

Does anyone other than the SAG know the present capacity at the lane? I would say there will be more than 31,000 in attendance and Palace are not the biggest draw in the Premier League we could really do with more seats but that's for the other thread.

SAG seem to change the working capacity from match to match.
One week it’s 30,500, then it’s 31,200, then it’s 30,100, then it’s 30,800 etc etc .

It seems they love the power.

However for some reason, in the past, when it comes to the Premier League SAG seem to lose their power
and we’re allowed to sell almost every seat and the capacity stays static for the whole season, last time we were there it was just over 32,000.

Agree, surely it must be well over 31K on Saturday.
Will be interesting to see if there’s large blocks of empty seats, when it supposed to be virtually a sell out.

Some clubs (eg Tottenham) do this, can’t understand why we don’t as it would generate revenue as well as atmosphere with the ground full
I enquired a couple of weeks ago. I told them the three of us who sit together weren't bothered about receiving any money - but they couldn't do it. I believe they are looking into setting up something like Tottenham's system - which I believe compensates the season ticket holder. In our case we weren't wanting any cash back

SAG seem to change the working capacity from match to match.
One week it’s 30,500, then it’s 31,200, then it’s 30,100, then it’s 30,800 etc etc .

It seems they love the power.

However for some reason, in the past, when it comes to the Premier League SAG seem to lose their power
and we’re allowed to sell almost every seat and the capacity stays static for the whole season, last time we were there it was just over 32,000.

Agree, surely it must be well over 31K on Saturday.
Will be interesting to see if there’s large blocks of empty seats, when it supposed to be virtually a sell out.
True about SAG and the Premier League amazing how SAG seem to lose a lot of their power to bully local clubs. Maybe it has something to do with having a Premier League club in S2 brings millions of pounds into Sheffield City Centre just from global exposure.

I'm going for less than Wednesday take to Dull City.

Not for normal matches.

The SW fan base is a strange one.
They have 1000’s that turn up for one-off big matches (which to be fair is impressive) but their average attendances are never that high.

We averaged nearly 29K last season and that was with a SAG imposed restricted capacity and some of the most expensive pay on the day prices in the EFL.
The last time SW beat that average outside the top flight was in 1952.
Even in the top flight Wednesday have, in the last 50 years, rarely (it’s happened once when they averaged over 29K in 1992) matched what we got last season

Know quite a few Wednesday fans who took their friends and partners to their Wembley game but they’re not what you would call “proper” fans.
I think that's a woooosh. :)

Does anyone know what our current stadium capacity is?

Are we still facing stadium restrictions from SAG?
What’s the situation on the BLUT, last season in the Championship, the front 3 rows were never used…covered with netting.
However the last time we were in the Prem…only the front row couldn’t be used.

Are we still playing games of waiting until every seat is sold before releasing much better view seats in the South stand and BLUT.

The official site shows just 34 tickets left, all in the Kop corner stand.

I’m assuming Palace have sold all their tickets, so tomorrows match should show us what our current operating capacity is, surely it will be over 31K.
I’m guessing 31,215.

Where? I can't see them?
Just looked now. 41 apart from restricted view. It will be all but sold out by tomorrow. Someone could have made good use of the seats I mentioned - and the club could have had a bit more cash

The actual attendance will be 5 down because we'll be at a birthday do but of course we will be there according to the official attendance!

I asked the club if they could sell our seats (the people who would sometimes have our seats will also be unavailable) and it seems a shame there will be seats empty when the game is more than likely sold out. I know there's no official mechanism for selling on seats but for a possible sell out game it's a pity there will be empty seats
Surely you could all go to the match and then on to the birthday bash after. Come on get your priorities sorted.😉

Thats 32 tickets left now.

Appreciate the ground will be full….should be sold out when the match starts.
Thats my point, there’s been heavy SAG in recent seasons and they (for some reason) appear to restrict our capacity from match to match.

Loads of matches last season were very close to a sell out but sometimes we didn’t even break 30K….
other times we had official sell outs but our biggest crowd last season was still only 30,780.

In the PL 3 seasons ago the capacity reduced from 32,700 down to 32,050 seats.
So is the operating stadium capacity still 32,050…….and if it’s virtually sold out then shouldn’t there be around 32K there tomorrow?
Easy then. 317,906. Traffic be bad, and the views from back

Where? I can't see them?
There was plenty when I posted, only about 20 in the corner now. So still tickets available without being able to use a season ticket exchange scheme. This will only come into action if games are selling out quickly, looking on the man city sales that won't be the case for that either.

If its a sell out it won't be what the capacity is. It hasn't been for years.

We never seem to be allowed to get near it.

There's either some seats left empty or the small number of empty seats doesn't add up to the difference of the supposed capacity and official attendance.
weve got a very strange ticket office thats why been like this for years lol

Back
Top Bottom