All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well firstly the club have explained the logic behind it. It may be flawed but it's pretty logical. Had there been Palace fans in the home ends there'd be uproar. And no doubt trouble.

No bigger Blade about it. The club has prioritised those with most points. Again, flaws but a free for all isn't the answer. Anyone with 500 points or a superdraw membership could have got a ticket. One poster used nous and got his ticket yet he seems to be the villain for some. Even though he was on the database.

I wonder how many who watched the game on Sky will get a ticket for Saturday.

New fans may well stay on after "touring". The vast majority of our fan base increase last time was kids who loved it and despite relegation stuck with it. (Many of whom have more points than you despite being younger). However, as far as adults go I'd rather someone who wants to see United get a ticket than someone who's main idea is to see Aguero, Kane and the like.

A palace fan can’t just get on our database when you join you have to provide an address and proof of the address.

By your current logic the cut off point to become a blade was last season

A palace fan can’t just get on our database when you join you have to provide an address and proof of the address.

By your current logic the cut off point to become a blade was last season

No restrictions you said. Now there's a restriction. So someone wanting a ticket for the first time has to be on the database. Thinking on an ongoing thread needs to be joined up.

Why do you say that?

No restrictions you said. Now there's a restriction. So someone wanting a ticket for the first time has to be on the database. Thinking on an ongoing thread needs to be joined up.

Why do you say that?

Quite clearly stated in an early post it should be to people on the database eg.. a dad signs his kid up etc...

Not 500 points there’s zero logic

They could stop away fans buying tickets doing it this way also

Never saw myself as a club basher mate! I see the logic in what the club are are doing but I Just want to bring my other young un who is now of age is a member and only has 300 points. Up to 450 next week!

Never saw myself as a club basher mate! I see the logic in what the club are are doing but I Just want to bring my other young un who is now of age is a member and only has 300 points. Up to 450 next week!

Didn't mean you. :)

For me, that's the flaw, kids with parents. A few years ago my sons junior ST was free. Just had to join junior Blades which he was a member of anyway. They could make kids membership free where parents have substantial loyalty points.

Quite clearly stated in an early post it should be to people on the database eg.. a dad signs his kid up etc...

Not 500 points there’s zero logic

They could stop away fans buying tickets doing it this way also

We agree on the kid thing

There's plenty of logic. As l said, flawed, but there's obviously logic behind it.

They are on general sale now you only need 500 points
If you are on the data base and don't have 500 points get in touch with them and I'm sure they will bump you up to the required ammount to buy a ticket
Season ticket holders and other membership holders can buy tickets for family and friends

If these people aren't on your family and friends then you can add them by getting their customer number postcode and address

If all of the above is too much effort then you don't deserve a ticket

So how does a blade get a ticket for Saturday with less than 500 points Thornton?

To all intents and purposes he can't.

Maybe if the Blade had bothered going before this season he wouldn't have a problem?

Could always carry on going to Meadowhall with the Mrs like he has for the last couple of years. You could meet for coffee......

They are on general sale now you only need 500 points
If you are on the data base and don't have 500 points get in touch with them and I'm sure they will bump you up to the required ammount to buy a ticket
Season ticket holders and other membership holders can buy tickets for family and friends

If these people aren't on your family and friends then you can add them by getting their customer number postcode and address

If all of the above is too much effort then you don't deserve a ticket

Takes far more effort to keep moaning on here some may say.

Being going since 1971 sunshine, I’ve got a season ticket, you’re one of these ‘bigger blades’ who would rather have empty seats than let a blade with 300 points buy a ticket, tosser

yeah the first few games will be a learning curve with regards to how many tickets we sell. Be interesting to see if the attendance is higher next week. Not on Sky & Leicester apparently sold out, so it should be. Just wonder if the novelty of 1st game back in the Prem drew a lot of the day trippers in...

Be 30106

Away working.

I have also been going from the early 70's and I share some of your concerns. I think that any Blade would want to see a full stadium, for the club to grow its fan base and for any deserving blade to be able to buy a ticket. I am sure that the club wants the same and will find a way to accommodate this outcome.

Being going since 1971 sunshine, I’ve got a season ticket, you’re one of these ‘bigger blades’ who would rather have empty seats than let a blade with 300 points buy a ticket, tosser
There are a couple of hundred empty seats that weren't filled because we were on TV
If people wanted to go they could have

Lets take Chelsea (big team), tickets on sale to members, any left go on general sale (yes general sale no restrictions) you can land from Mars on match day and buy a ticket......A blade with less than 500 points cannot, I repeat cannot buy a ticket for Saturday and there are 2/3K left!!!!!

To all intents and purposes he can't.

Maybe if the Blade had bothered going before this season he wouldn't have a problem?

Could always carry on going to Meadowhall with the Mrs like he has for the last couple of years. You could meet for coffee......

I for one hope your account gets wiped of the system and you have to start again with 0 points.

Oh wait you couldn’t because you can’t buy a ticket.

At least it would keep absolute morons like yourself going to matches.

All blades are welcome at the lane even if it’s there first game no matter how young or old

Hopefully they’d replace miserable gits like you 👍👍

What do you think the solution is Barry? How can the club allow blades with less than 500 points to buy tickets and at the same time exclude visiting supporters from obtaining tickets for home areas and at the same time make sure that tickets for deserving fans don't fall into the hands of touts?

No one would have a problem if all the tickets were sold, but there not and general sale should mean just that (but it doesn’t), how does anyone take their kids for the first time this year?

The 500 point thing is to stop away fans getting tickets and causing the problems which would damage the PL 'brand'. You know, the same brand thatsjust written us a cheque for c£200m...

If that means a few bandwagon fans miss out, then I'm prepared to put up with that and it seems like the club are comfortable with that trade off too.

Oh God give me strength!

This really is our very own version of Brexit. A complete clusterfuck of a situation. In or out, over 500 or less than 500. Will the ticket office relent on their position of 'No points so no deal'?
Not been this devisive since Chedgate. Whatever you are - Club Killer or Car Park Licker, Bigger Blade or Glory Hole Hunter. Ease up.

Please God make it stop.

Back
Top Bottom