CONFIRMED Major Sponsor unveiling - USG - Union Standard Group

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They seem properly chuffed, just went on the United site and clicked through to the USG site, we're front page, there's a Wilder pop up and they've even got the Photoshop people on the go to paint out Ramsdens from a picture of JOC, done a good job too.

Screenshot_20190625-130818.png

Also, seems like they have come up with a logo just for us, all red Mutant Jack, black text with white stroke around it, so should work on any kit we make. Everywhere else on the site they have their normal one with gold all over.

Call me old fashioned (and probabaly much worse) but I don't think you should ever launch a kit without the aid of an attractive young female and some red, white and black body paint.
Ridiculous how recent the bodypaint thing was when you think about it. Couldn't get away with that these days. Times have changed very quickly unfortunately!

It says 'front of shirt sponsor', does this mean we could be having a different one on the back...?

McCabe said 2002/03 was our last sponsor from the Far East, but we had Topspring in 2013/14? Who could forget that awful Tony McMahon/JCR kit launch?

Fair enough, didn't know that. Didn't have a clue WHAT it was tbh, I just remember the Asian text on the shirt.

No, honestly the deal is off the scale I’m terms of what’s been done by a bottom third club before

Are you saying then (with the 8 figure quote, and the x10 quote to £1m) that the deal is worth £10m a YEAR to the club over the next 3 years, with the vast majority of the first years payment being paid upfront (McCabes quote re pymts being front loaded)?

Also, what happens if the worst occurs this season and we get relegated? I imagine that the deal has a sliding scale and that relegation would mean lesa money for us in years 2 and 3? If so, even more reason for us to try and stay up!

The money coming in this year is fantastic, but if we can stay up even for 1 more season, that is when we really hit the financial jackpot and that's probably why McCabe has talked about ground improvements starting if we do manage it. We do ok next season and stay up, we could really start to pull away from the Pigs and start to get ourselves set up fkr years to come. The Pigs would just be an irrelevance in terms of commercial activity to us and our brand.

Are you saying then (with the 8 figure quote, and the x10 quote to £1m) that the deal is worth £10m a YEAR to the club over the next 3 years, with the vast majority of the first years payment being paid upfront (McCabes quote re pymts being front loaded)?

Also, what happens if the worst occurs this season and we get relegated? I imagine that the deal has a sliding scale and that relegation would mean lesa money for us in years 2 and 3? If so, even more reason for us to try and stay up!

The money coming in this year is fantastic, but if we can stay up even for 1 more season, that is when we really hit the financial jackpot and that's probably why McCabe has talked about ground improvements starting if we do manage it. We do ok next season and stay up, we could really start to pull away from the Pigs and start to get ourselves set up fkr years to come. The Pigs would just be an irrelevance in terms of commercial activity to us and our brand.

In his interview with Radio Sheffield, Shay Zakhaim said that if the worst were to happen the deal would remain but there'd be a sit-down and a renegotiation - so less money but still sponsoring. In it for the long term.

It’s a huge chunk up front increasing each season - providing we are EPL . That’s the jist off it.

If our Commercial team have done better than initially anticipated and negotiated a tremendous deal, i would like to see two things happen off the back of it.

1) the SUFC negotiation team are financially rewarded with a nice little bonus and told there is more if they can actively secure other lucrative sponsorship deals - nothing like a nice bonus to wet the appetite.

And

2) any extra monies already received (i.e the monies in excess of what we originally budgeted for) should be chucked straight at Shirecliffe to enable improvements to commence. CW has already reiterated that this is close to his heart and wants something tangible to be his legacy - even if it is bricks and mortar which will give us a fantastic infrastructute for years to come. We should be looking to have state of the art facilities at Shirecliffe and making it a Premier League standard training base to enhance player performance and to impress potential new signings. This should be number 1 priority - even above the ground improvements.

Last edited:
As a secondary thought, i would also like to think that if space is an issue at Shirecliffe, then as a long term project, we should also be trying to identify out of town land for a potential future training ground complex where we will have the land to do what we want, with hopefully less stringent building restrictions. Provided that we train around the Sheffield area, there is no requirement for us to be based near the city centre.

Provided that we were in the PL long enough to make it financially viable, id like to see us purchase another site with a larger footprint, and set up a top quality training site for the first team squad.

Then perhaps the club could use the Shirecliffe site for the community / junior Blades teams / academy lads training. Maybe even the women would want their own training site too and could be the custodians of Shirecliffe in the future. Just thoughts.

As a secondary thought, i would also like to think that if space is an issue at Shirecliffe, then as a long term project, we should also be trying to identify out of town land for a potential future training ground complex where we will have the land to do what we want, with hopefully less stringent building restrictions. Provided that we train around the Sheffield area, there is no requirement for us to be based near the city centre.

Provided that we were in the PL long enough to make it financially viable, id like to see us purchase another site with a larger footprint, and set up a top quality training site for the first team squad.

Then perhaps the club could use the Shirecliffe site for the community / junior Blades teams / academy lads training. Maybe even the women would want their own training site too and could be the custodians of Shirecliffe in the future. Just thoughts.
This is what the Prince actually meant about selling Shirecliffe. It’s not big enough (5 acres) to house everybody. Hence needing a 17 acre site elsewhere

This is what the Prince actually meant about selling Shirecliffe.

Welcome to the board, HRH's best mate.

A shame that is not what he actually said. He was broke and trying to get some Saudi mates to chip in, hence he talked about sale for redevelopment.

He never mentioned a new 17 acre site anywhere else, but carry on making stuff up.

Personal abuse is against forum rules - infraction given
Welcome to the board, HRH's best mate.

A shame that is not what he actually said. He was broke and trying to get some Saudi mates to chip in, hence he talked about sale for redevelopment.

He never mentioned a new 17 acre site anywhere else, but carry on making stuff up.
Carry on making stuff up. Yea ok prick.

There was nothing said about any new training pitch in the reports from court. It doesn't mean that it is part of the plans.

If it makes financial sense the club should be doing that sort of thing from within and to grow. Not to pay off a loan.

Back
Top Bottom