New away kit...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is EMBARRASSING!!!
Shall I go on?
This is LAST season’s Tiro 13 template (the Bat Wing design!)

SUFC KIT AWAY Tiro13.PNG
As used by these Adidas kit supplied teams in all the English and Scottish leagues LAST Season (2013/14): Fulham (3rd) Hull (H) Southampton (H) Stoke (A) Swansea (H) WBA (H/A) Bolton (A) Middlesbrough (A) Forest (A/3rd) Bristol City (H) Hearts (H) Peterhead (A)
THIS season ALL the teams (so far) using Adidas as their kit supplier have NEW 2014 templates (Home and Away): Chelsea, Sunderland, Swansea, WBA, Brentford, Fulham, Ipswich, Middlesbrough, Forest, Swindon, Aberdeen, Hearts, Ayr Utd
EXCEPT US!!! WTF!!!
What are the people at BDTBL who are ‘making’ these decisions THINKING!!!!!!!!
And yes it looks like a vicars shirt and yes you can buy the exact shirt (without badge or sponsors) for £18!!!
That’s it rant over :(

Info: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/
http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/adidas-Tiro-13-Short-Sleeve-Football-Shirt-Mens-Football-Teamwear-BlackWhite-60782.aspx?spr=1

I remember people on here not buying the yellow away kit in our first season under Danny Wilson because the VW logo was blue and white.

I'm sorry but i've never seen a red & white VW sign just like I've never seen a blue & white Coca Cola sign.

0,,10794%7E379437,00.jpg

In another ground-breaking initiative Coca-Cola has for the first time changed its world famous red and white brand colours to reflect the identity of each club in The Football League.

So, for example, Plymouth supporters will see green and white Coca-Colaperimeter board branding at Home Park. The logo turns claret and blue at West Ham, black and amber at Hull City, blue and white at Peterborough, and black and white at Darlington. Match programme advertising will be similarly bespoke for each club. Link

il_340x270.606996279_jque.jpg
Too much time on mi hands! :oops:

I think a DIY kit thread needs to be started. :D

This is EMBARRASSING!!!
Shall I go on?

View attachment 9025
As used by these Adidas kit supplied teams in all the English and Scottish leagues LAST Season (2013/14): Fulham (3rd) Hull (H) Southampton (H) Stoke (A) Swansea (H) WBA (H/A) Bolton (A) Middlesbrough (A) Forest (A/3rd) Bristol City (H) Hearts (H) Peterhead (A)
THIS season ALL the teams (so far) using Adidas as their kit supplier have NEW 2014 templates (Home and Away): Chelsea, Sunderland, Swansea, WBA, Brentford, Fulham, Ipswich, Middlesbrough, Forest, Swindon, Aberdeen, Hearts, Ayr Utd
EXCEPT US!!! WTF!!!
And yes it looks like a vicars shirt and yes you can buy the exact shirt (without badge or sponsors) for £18!!!

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/adidas-Tiro-13-Short-Sleeve-Football-Shirt-Mens-Football-Teamwear-BlackWhite-60782.aspx?spr=1
Might get one of them ,got a couple of badges at home

This is EMBARRASSING!!!
Shall I go on?

View attachment 9025
EXCEPT US!!! WTF!!!

What did you expect, we are a 3rd division club in the first year of a deal with the sporting giant that is Adidas, they will not want to spend money on us and will look at how well we do this year to determine what happens next year. If we sell a lot of shirts, (which we will) and secure promotion then we may get something more bespoke next year.

Make no mistake, the Club will have wanted Adidas instead of them wanting us. We will have been given a choice of 3 or 4 templates for both the home and away shirts, (whichever they had most of left in stock) and as a third tier club we were probably not even given the option of a 2014/15 template.

Some people are never happy, we moaned and moaned about Macron for years, some of their designs were good but the quality was bloody awful. At least with Adidas we have a prestige name and a kit that will still have the logos and badges in place and fit you after a dozen washes.

scissors obviously, you numpty Exeter! :)

Whilst I appreciate this would work, it'd be bloody cold for a trip to Oldham in the middle of winter.

I've got some spare Hammerite after doing my gate up in Spring and I was thinking a good dawb of that would work wonders (might even dry within a week).

Alternatively the "logo carpet" trick would be good if making the arms a little stiff until properly broken in.

I'm loving the idea of a build your own kit project though.

What did you expect, we are a 3rd division club in the first year of a deal with the sporting giant that is Adidas, they will not want to spend money on us and will look at how well we do this year to determine what happens next year. If we sell a lot of shirts, (which we will) and secure promotion then we may get something more bespoke next year.

Make no mistake, the Club will have wanted Adidas instead of them wanting us. We will have been given a choice of 3 or 4 templates for both the home and away shirts, (whichever they had most of left in stock) and as a third tier club we were probably not even given the option of a 2014/15 template.

Some people are never happy, we moaned and moaned about Macron for years, some of their designs were good but the quality was bloody awful. At least with Adidas we have a prestige name and a kit that will still have the logos and badges in place and fit you after a dozen washes.

It's a sorry day when we care about having a "prestige name" manufacturing our kit. I mean, seriously, who does give a fuck who makes the bloody thing.

As you say, Adidas don't really give a fuck about United and just palm us off with one of their standard templates. It would be great if people did boycott the £45 club shirt and just buy the one at the third of a price.

It's a sorry day when we care about having a "prestige name" manufacturing our kit. I mean, seriously, who does give a fuck who makes the bloody thing.

I'm presuming it's an age thing Dazzler.

As someone > 50 I too am amazed that people are at all bothered. But somewhere along the line, the football marketing machine managed to persuade a generation that football shirts were a cool fashion item (they were totally wrong but then I wore Oxford bags with a dozen pockets sewn in back in the day . . .all photos destroyed).

I actually think it's pretty good that a certain section of supporters will cough up large amounts of dosh that would otherwise have to come from ticket prices (probably).
Seems that, once again, the club could have done more from a supporter choice perspective as surely no-one with eyes would want great big splodges of white where the arms should be.

I'm presuming it's an age thing Dazzler.

As someone > 50 I too am amazed that people are at all bothered. But somewhere along the line, the football marketing machine managed to persuade a generation that football shirts were a cool fashion item (they were totally wrong but then I wore Oxford bags with a dozen pockets sewn in back in the day . . .all photos destroyed).

I actually think it's pretty good that a certain section of supporters will cough up large amounts of dosh that would otherwise have to come from ticket prices (probably).
Seems that, once again, the club could have done more from a supporter choice perspective as surely no-one with eyes would want great big splodges of white where the arms should be.

Indeed.

Personally I would make wearing a football shirt other than (a) at or on the way to a football match or (b) whilst engaging in physical exercise (a stroll to the shops doesn't count), a capital offence.

I mean does anyone think you look anything other than a massive twat when wearing some garish item in man made fibre covered in corporate logos as a fashion item?

Does the club make anything from individual kits? I thought adidas will have taken it all.

Rubbish!
So the rest of the English and Scottish (non Premier League) teams with Adidas supplied kits got the same deal and did have an option of a 2014/15 template?
It's not about being happy it about getting it right
We have a home kit which looks like an all red shirt with a giant white 'H' on the front
And an away shirt straight from the Adidas bargain bucket!
It's embarrassing :(

As you say, Adidas don't really give a fuck about United and just palm us off with one of their standard templates. It would be great if people did boycott the £45 club shirt and just buy the one at the third of a price.

Todwick Blade gives more than a fuck Darren, he is apoplectic with rage...he is using CAPITAL LETTERS to show how miffed he is

It's embarrassing :(

Is it?

Will you not be able to go to BDTBL a week on Saturday for fear you will be spotted in a less than exotic kit?
Will people look at you with sympathy when you say you're a Blade (or will you not even be able to bring yourself to tell them)?
Will Morrisons/Asda/Tesco have a special check out so you can avoid other shoppers and their disapproving gaze?
Will your first choice of school for your offspring be rejecting them based on this shirt fiasco?

The best shirt in the world it might not be. Embarrassing though? You're having a laugh right?

This is EMBARRASSING!!!
Shall I go on?

View attachment 9025
EXCEPT US!!! WTF!!!

I think you're overreacting. Is it really worth all the bold capitals and getting all het up about?

I like the away kit, it's a million times better than last year, I really don't give a crap if it's an adidas template or not, IMO it looks decent. I like both our kits this year compared to some of the shockers we've had in the past.

It's alright I suppose. The sponsor looks better on it at least.

Won't be buying it because if there's anything worse than blokes wearing United shirts in day-to-day life, it's lasses. I'll occasionally wear a shirt at a match or at the gym... but I've got more than enough to be going on with already.

EDIT: I see the photoshopping hasn't improved much.

y4KN_c6_VPrYY7uL658Q8VI5PbWcUV5CeyW8A3wZJ2b-1JnR7U_x_EEaObKAU3ZAl5ytoadd-nt73YeFd2oCiHJ49TqD2a2svTZlhbDcwsr2QdmXYpyUhQQ1p4ulDd7H6-OqKqbs1LvvNjRK=s0-d-e1-ft

It looks as though it has a massive badge on the shoulder from that image!

Buying the standard template including vat and delivery is £18.95 for adults, club badge couple of quid, voila blades shirt without sponsor logos etc for less than half price and a lot easier than trying to remove the sponsor logo from a £45 shirt :)

I think you're overreacting. Is it really worth all the bold capitals and getting all het up about?

I like the away kit, it's a million times better than last year, I really don't give a crap if it's an adidas template or not, IMO it looks decent. I like both our kits this year compared to some of the shockers we've had in the past.
Completely agree, I feel like people maybe expected too much. These kits are both much tidier than most of what we had under macron (2012-13 home kit an exception). I will personally be purchasing both to fly the blades flag in Malaysia for the next 6 months...

It should be Forum rules that anyone making these laughably shit home-made kits should be forced to post a picture of them so we can decide if they're better than the official ones or not.
Just a like is not enough, that is a cracking idea!!!

It should be Forum rules that anyone making these laughably shit home-made kits should be forced to post a picture of them so we can decide if they're better than the official ones or not.
It's not exactly difficult to iron a badge onto a shirt.

It's not exactly difficult to iron a badge onto a shirt.

Right, first entrant here. I look forward to seeing it, especially when your hand accidentally moves and nudges the badge so it gets ironed on all wonky. ;)

I'm up for that idea rodders, ill give it a try and post a pic, lets expand your "idea" that those that spend £45 on a bargain bin shirt from Adidas post their banking details to me personally because they obviously have more money than sense :)
I've always found the idea of paying to advertise a company on the basis they are sponsoring your team somewhat odious, the club gets sponsor money AND a share of shirt sales granted but for the average "joe" on the street apart from the sponsor logo will your £45 shirt be any different from mine?
Tbh most people would prefer the option to buy a legit club shop blades shirt without the sponsors logo, or am I wrong believing that.
Given that option I would probably buy from the club shop.

Back
Top Bottom