New away kit...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Here, hang on a minute...rant number 2 coming up (
Ahh, a rant that chimes for me. Simple rules would stop this bollocks. Change strips to contain no colours of the home. Done! 3rd kits extinction. Will it happen? Will it fuck!

Here, hang on a minute...rant number 2 coming up (South Essex Blade, this one will stir you again, I'm sure)
While everyone is off and running about getting a cheap black top and a badge why is no-one raging about this issue?
We now have black shorts for both home and away kits. Fine. But they are DIFFERENT black shorts!! Are they expecting us all to shell out on two pairs of black United shorts then? Why on earth couldn't they just use the same shorts for both kits? What the fucking fuck?! Is this where the third kit gets forced upon us? Grrr

Here, hang on a minute...rant number 2 coming up (South Essex Blade, this one will stir you again, I'm sure)
While everyone is off and running about getting a cheap black top and a badge why is no-one raging about this issue?
We now have black shorts for both home and away kits. Fine. But they are DIFFERENT black shorts!! Are they expecting us all to shell out on two pairs of black United shorts then? Why on earth couldn't they just use the same shorts for both kits? What the fucking fuck?! Is this where the third kit gets forced upon us? Grrr

And the fourth...with a different pair of black shorts.

Not very imaginative. A missed opportunity to create something a bit different and special.

HH

Winds me up this! Again, a simple rule. Change kit shorts and socks must be different colour to home. This kit with white shorts would eliminate any need for a 3rd kit

Winds me up this! Again, a simple rule. Change kit shorts and socks must be different colour to home. This kit with white shorts would eliminate any need for a 3rd kit
They do actually have white shorts on sale in the shop, i suspect we'll use these sometime with the away shirt.

Our "traditional" away kit of days of yore featured shorts and socks the same colour as the home kit.

Last away shirt I ever bought Dazzler. From old man Archer opposite the ground (nearly).

Didn't give a fuck who designed it, who made it, what the size range was, it was fucking ace and I played in it for years (coz that's how long it lasted).

Perhaps we could use it as the 7th kit.

My man in Malaysia has said he'll do a proper version of the club bade with a white border for a minimum order of 4, totalling £40.

Somewhat defeats the object of making a cheaper shirt...

Our "traditional" away kit of days of yore featured shorts and socks the same colour as the home kit.

Aye, Darren. The old simple days when what was worn on the pitch wasn't a tool for making money, when we wore the red and white stripes almost all the time. TV placed few demands on teams regarding kit clash, cos they hardly ever showed games. All that mattered was those in the ground, and if they could easily distinguish the two teams there was no problem.

Now kit manufacturers and sponsors sign deals for maximum exposure, demanding that an 'away' kit is worn a minimum number of times in a season, irrespective of whether a change of kit is warranted or not!

Aye, Darren. The old simple days when what was worn on the pitch wasn't a tool for making money, when we wore the red and white stripes almost all the time. TV placed few demands on teams regarding kit clash, cos they hardly ever showed games. All that mattered was those in the ground, and if they could easily distinguish the two teams there was no problem.

Now kit manufacturers and sponsors sign deals for maximum exposure, demanding that an 'away' kit is worn a minimum number of times in a season, irrespective of whether a change of kit is warranted or not!

Indeed.

As an index of how the game has changed, I remember reading in Hunter Davies The Glory Game about Spurs in 71-72. that the club did not allow adverts in their programme as they thought it would sully the club's image.

No one would understand that today.

Indeed.

As an index of how the game has changed, I remember reading in Hunter Davies The Glory Game about Spurs in 71-72. that the club did not allow adverts in their programme as they thought it would sully the club's image.

No one would understand that today.

Now there's a volume worth an entry in the book recommendation thread

Yeah a plain black kit ..... I saw nothing else :eek:
AYR-2.jpg

As much as I would prefer to buy from the club I've ruddy gone for it!

Patches arrived from Malaysia yesterday and are very decent indeed.

Ordered long sleeve away shirt and the Condivo training tee and top from www.clublinefootball.com

There are no eye-sore sponsors and saved £50 - sorted!
That's it then we can't afford a new striker now :mad:

Go a patch from eBay, not quite right, but I've got some more arriving in the next week or so that have a white border

Not permanently affixed this patch yet, but it looks alright.

Any error? nothings changed since the last successful test of it.

No errors, tried on iPad Air and iPhone 5 in safari, both running the latest OS, maybe ios 7.1.2 broke something?

image.jpg As promised, "home brew" away kit with the Peruvian white outlined blades badge, total cost £21.00 without sponsor and no chance of damaging a £45 kit trying to remove it :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom