Youngsters out on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good result for Stones that - they're having similar injury nightmares to us. Freckleton getting decent write ups on their forums.

It's actually 16.

Forgot one:

Will Osula (Derby)
Harry Boyes (Forest Green)
Jake Eastwood (Ross County)
Marcus Dewhurst (Scunthorpe Utd)
Harrison Neal (Barrow)
Femi Seriki (Rochdale)
Jean Belehouan (Boston Utd)
Zak Brunt (Boreham Wood)
George Broadbent (Boreham Wood)
Joe Starbuck (Kidderminster Harriers)
Tom Angel (Bradford PA)
Sydie Peck (Oldham Athletic)
Miguel Freckleton (Whealdstone)
Callum Hiddleston (Guisely)
Kyron Gordon (Boreham Wood)
John Oluleye (Stockbridge Park Steels)

Amazing.

Only seen him on YouTube. Looks a big unit. Just a question of whether we can develop other facets of his game. I seem to think he's left footed too.

Couple of thoughts on the next few weeks.

I think this period could be very good for non-league clubs. Those fans missing their Saturday fix may decide to go to a local team further down the pyramid and especially if there is a bit of Blades interest in the line up then maybe there is ab added incentive though appreciate Boreham Wood is not nearby!

Other thought is the U21 PL Cup competition. Starts on just over a week. We will have the best part of 20 on loan. Does this mean they will still turn out for the U21s or will it be youth team or even some pros needing matches?
Notts County sold out for home fans on Saturday. Expecting a record crowd for their league (16,000), although I think they hold the current record.

Notts County sold out for home fans on Saturday. Expecting a record crowd for their league (16,000), although I think they hold the current record.
16,000 crowd to watch the 93rd vs 111th best teams in the country. Nuts when you think about it!

You just wouldn't get that in any other country would you? And it still seems sometimes like the authorities do everything they can to undermine the league pyramid

16,000 crowd to watch the 93rd vs 111th best teams in the country. Nuts when you think about it!

You just wouldn't get that in any other country would you? And it still seems sometimes like the authorities do everything they can to undermine the league pyramid
Not only that but some fans want the blackout lifted when we have a healthy football pyramid that needs protecting

You just wouldn't get that in any other country would you?

Not 100% like for like given their non league starts at tier four, but there's some pretty big teams in the German regional leagues. Aachen are averaging 9k for example, and there's plenty of historic clubs that would get five figures for a big game or derby very easily

Just seen this, wonder what has happened?
Just checked on their website and he played in all three matches for which he was eligible so it wasn't due to a lack of playing time.

Perhaps United have given time off to the first team squad and have a shortage of options for upcoming U21 games? I thought you could still use players for the U21s when they are out on loan.

Guess we'll find out with upcoming team selections.

Just checked on their website and he played in all three matches for which he was eligible so it wasn't due to a lack of playing time.

Perhaps United have given time off to the first team squad and have a shortage of options for upcoming U21 games? I thought you could still use players for the U21s when they are out on loan.

Guess we'll find out with upcoming team selections.
Maybe we’ve had enquiries about him from a team higher up.

Maybe we’ve had enquiries about him from a team higher up.
Joining St Peter's Athletic? ;)

Something definitely brewing.

No idea how he played. Lost 1-3, 1-2 and 2-4 so he doesn't come back with any clean sheets.

No idea how he played. Lost 1-3, 1-2 and 2-4 so he doesn't come back with any clean sheets.
Me neither can’t say I’ve ever seen Guiseley play 😂.

Clean sheets aren’t everything though I remember Ramsdale having a torrid year a Wimbledon the year before he broke through at Bournemouth.

Tickets are a fiver !

Freckleton scored today for Wealdstone in a 2-1 win.

Broadbent, Brunt and Gordon started for Boreham Wood against Halifax who fielded former Blades Harvey Gilmour and Angell Capello. Halifax won 1-0.

Sydie Peck played 90 mins for Oldham in a 0-0 draw with Maidstone.

Harry Boyes scored an own goal for Forest Green in a 1-1 draw with Oxford.

I'd love to see how the other 243 loanees got on but my 14 month old has learnt how to climb the stairs and my Glenlivet is getting warm

Freckleton scored today for Wealdstone in a 2-1 win.

Broadbent, Brunt and Gordon started for Boreham Wood against Halifax who fielded former Blades Harvey Gilmour and Angell Capello. Halifax won 1-0.

Sydie Peck played 90 mins for Oldham in a 0-0 draw with Maidstone.

Harry Boyes scored an own goal for Forest Green in a 1-1 draw with Oxford.

I'd love to see how the other 243 loanees got on but my 14 month old has learnt how to climb the stairs and my Glenlivet is getting warm
As far as I can tell:

Will Osula replaced McGoldrick for the final 3 minutes plus stoppages in their draw with Pompey.

Jake Eastwood is giving his arse a well earned rest from getting splinters.

Marcus Dewhurst started in another defeat for Scunthorpe 2-1 against Dagenham and Redbridge. who continue to struggle after relegation and are now in the bottom two.

Harrison Neal was part of a two man midfield for Barrow who won 3-1 against Hartlepool, playing the full 90.

Femi Seriki was an unused sub for Rochdale in their 1-0 defeat to away to Sutton United.

Jean Belehouan did not feature as Boston United lost to Tamworth 3-2 on penalties after drawing 1-1 in regular time in the FA Trophy. Keenan Ferguson and Jo Cummings, former Blades started the game.

Joe Starbuck was an unused sub in the same competition as Kidderminster Harriers progressed 2-1.

Tom Angel’s Bradford Park Avenue got knocked out 2-1 from the FA Trophy by Farsley Celtic as he started the game.

Henry Hampshaw kept a clean sheet as Bridlington tried to physically pressure the young keeper. It didn’t work as Stockbridge Park Steels ran out 3-0 winners with John Oluleye coming on as a late sub when the scoring was done.

As far as I can tell:

Will Osula replaced McGoldrick for the final 3 minutes plus stoppages in their draw with Pompey.

Jake Eastwood is giving his arse a well earned rest from getting splinters.

Marcus Dewhurst started in another defeat for Scunthorpe 2-1 against Dagenham and Redbridge. who continue to struggle after relegation and are now in the bottom two.

Harrison Neal was part of a two man midfield for Barrow who won 3-1 against Hartlepool, playing the full 90.

Femi Seriki was an unused sub for Rochdale in their 1-0 defeat to away to Sutton United.

Jean Belehouan did not feature as Boston United lost to Tamworth 3-2 on penalties after drawing 1-1 in regular time in the FA Trophy. Keenan Ferguson and Jo Cummings, former Blades started the game.

Joe Starbuck was an unused sub in the same competition as Kidderminster Harriers progressed 2-1.

Tom Angel’s Bradford Park Avenue got knocked out 2-1 from the FA Trophy by Farsley Celtic as he started the game.

Henry Hampshaw kept a clean sheet as Bridlington tried to physically pressure the young keeper. It didn’t work as Stockbridge Park Steels ran out 3-0 winners with John Oluleye coming on as a late sub when the scoring was done.
Not looking good for the right backs

Seriki looks like a bit of a lost cause, sadly. Another loan not working out.

I wonder if we'll try and get Neal a L1 loan in January? Seems to have done well in both spells he's had.

Seriki looks like a bit of a lost cause, sadly. Another loan not working out.

I wonder if we'll try and get Neal a L1 loan in January? Seems to have done well in both spells he's had.
Seems that way!

Neal is a really interesting one. Seems very combative and has gone under the radar a little. From the same neck of the woods as Billy Whitehurst.

They won away yesterday with a clean sheet. I guess he was back here by then.

I remember people raving about Seriki after he skinned some really awful youth side players. Massive jump between the levels. Osula is playing at the highest level of our loans and he's still only a substitute for a side that has to have a massive rebuild. They all will have the raw materials to do okay but it's about more than that clearly.

I remember people raving about Seriki after he skinned some really awful youth side players. Massive jump between the levels. Osula is playing at the highest level of our loans and he's still only a substitute for a side that has to have a massive rebuild. They all will have the raw materials to do okay but it's about more than that clearly.
He did well at Boston, they described him as a cheat code. Something obviously isn't working at Rochdale which is a shame as he's a talented lad

He did well at Boston, they described him as a cheat code. Something obviously isn't working at Rochdale which is a shame as he's a talented lad
I saw Chris Hussey play at around the same level as a 17 year old and he was fantastic . I was convinced he would make it and he did. Just not at a level good enough for our ambitions

Boyes seems to be doing better than Osula of our league 1 loans. It's the minutes which count really. If the latter isn't getting more by January there's an argument to move him elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom