Youngsters out on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gonna be really interesting to see how Peck gets on. Would've fancied him to be playing for a side at the right end of the table but it will toughen him up a bit.

Tom Angel is a great name, isn't it? Would make a brilliant detective if his Blades career falters.

Anyway as it was asked, I make it 14. We're as bad as Chelsea!:

Will Osula (Derby)
Harry Boyes (Forest Green)
Jake Eastwood (Ross County)
Marcus Dewhurst (Scunthorpe Utd)
Harrison Neal (Barrow)
Femi Seriki (Rochdale)
Jean Belehouan (Boston Utd)
Zak Brunt (Boreham Wood)
George Broadbent (Boreham Wood)
Joe Starbuck (Kidderminster Harriers)
Tom Angel (Bradford PA)
Sydie Peck (Oldham Athletic)
Miguel Freckleton (Whealdstone)
Tom Hiddleston (Guisely)

Plus Ayari on trial with the dark side.

Feel free to add any I've missed!

Tom Angel is a great name, isn't it? Would make a brilliant detective if his Blades career falters.

Anyway as it was asked, I make it 14. We're as bad as Chelsea!:

Will Osula (Derby)
Harrison Neal (Barrow)
Femi Seriki (Rochdale)
Zak Brunt (Boreham Wood)
Tom Angel (Bradford PA)
Tom Hiddleston (Guisely)

Plus Ayari on trial with the dark side.

Feel free to add any I've missed!

Is that the most young players we have ever had out on loan, at any one time?, seems like it to me, no doubt someone can tell me.

Tom Angel is only small is well liked by BPA management and fans due to his skill and determination
Del Geary reborn

Makes you wonder how we could have enough players to put out an u21 side at the moment but I suppose that’s the idea as it creates spaces to push the younger age groups up

One more now:

Will Osula (Derby)
Harrison Neal (Barrow)
Femi Seriki (Rochdale)
Zak Brunt (Boreham Wood)
Tom Angel (Bradford PA)
Callum Hiddleston (Guisely)
Kyron Gordon (Boreham Wood)

Isn’t Arblaster rumoured to be off to Chesterfield after the Cardiff game. Who else could be going out? Gomis? Maguire?

One more now:

Will Osula (Derby)
Harrison Neal (Barrow)
Femi Seriki (Rochdale)
Zak Brunt (Boreham Wood)
Tom Angel (Bradford PA)

Isn’t Arblaster rumoured to be off to Chesterfield after the Cardiff game. Who else could be going out? Gomis? Maguire?
Chesterfield? Surely not he’s way above that level, don’t know why I’ve got it in my head but I thought I’d heard/read we had turned down a Championship clubs enquiry for a loan for him.

Chesterfield? Surely not he’s way above that level, don’t know why I’ve got it in my head but I thought I’d heard/read we had turned down a Championship clubs enquiry for a loan for him.
These are one month loans guess how long the world cup break is. Get the fringe playing in non league where month long loans are allowed it's smart.

We seem to have a lot at Boreham Wood, is there some ex Blade in their set up that we have a link with?

We seem to have a lot at Boreham Wood, is there some ex Blade in their set up that we have a link with?
Ndiaye was there for a bit before he joined our academy, so maybe that’s the link?

One more now:

Will Osula (Derby)
Harrison Neal (Barrow)
Femi Seriki (Rochdale)
Zak Brunt (Boreham Wood)
Tom Angel (Bradford PA)

Maguire only just back from a long injury layoff so they might want to keep him in house a bit longer to get back up to speed. Another one of the keepers could go and we’d still be alright someone like Wharton. Sachdev is probably ready but I’d imagine with Bogle out we’ll keep him for cover.

Maguire only just back from a long injury layoff so they might want to keep him in house a bit longer to get back up to speed. Another one of the keepers could go and we’d still be alright someone like Wharton. Sachdev is probably ready but I’d imagine with Bogle out we’ll keep him for cover.
It would make sense to send out another keeper. Didn’t we also retain the other keeper from the U18s? Hampshaw?

You still have Wharton and Amissah. I know he’s been with the first team more, but Amissah still needs to play games occasionally too, be that short term loan or in the U21s.

It would make sense to send out another keeper. Didn’t we also retain the other keeper from the U18s? Hampshaw?

You still have Wharton and Amissah. I know he’s been with the first team more, but Amissah still needs to play games occasionally too, be that short term loan or in the U21s.
I don’t know it’s hard to keep track there’s that many keepers knocking about I know we picked up another in the summer Yam from Newcastle and he’s been getting time for the 18s but I don’t know if the top of my head if they’ve been rotating him.

Anyone seen Freckleton play? I'm off to see Stones against York next week so I'm hoping he starts.
Only seen him on YouTube. Looks a big unit. Just a question of whether we can develop other facets of his game. I seem to think he's left footed too.

Couple of thoughts on the next few weeks.

I think this period could be very good for non-league clubs. Those fans missing their Saturday fix may decide to go to a local team further down the pyramid and especially if there is a bit of Blades interest in the line up then maybe there is ab added incentive though appreciate Boreham Wood is not nearby!

Other thought is the U21 PL Cup competition. Starts on just over a week. We will have the best part of 20 on loan. Does this mean they will still turn out for the U21s or will it be youth team or even some pros needing matches?

Back
Top Bottom