Youl Mawene

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sufc1988

Reaction score
Ive heard that sheffield wednesday are signing him on a free transfer i think he would be a good signing 4 the blades wat does everyone think about him?

He's a dud. I wouldn't be too pleased if my club took him on. He suffered a bad injury a couple of seasons back and he hasnt been the same player since. He wasn't that good before either. They can have him.

i think that he would be ok as cover for the first team

The piggies are assembling the biggest squad of yesterdays talent ever seen this side of the Yukon Delta. Clinton Morrison due too.

If they dont get up first go then they have really crapped it...

that would be a bonus put u have 2 pay 4 them and the board dont like spending money

The piggies are assembling the biggest squad of yesterdays talent ever seen this side of the Yukon Delta. Clinton Morrison due too.

If they dont get up first go then they have really crapped it...

While their squeels of "we've got a championship quality side" are well wide of the mark; they're making some excellent signings IMO.

While their squeels of "we've got a championship quality side" are well wide of the mark; they're making some excellent signings IMO.

Agree with that, they've recruited well for the section they're in. It is laughable though that they consider Morrison, Mellor, Tudgay and Heffernan to be a good strikeforce even at Championship level - Morrison only scored 5 goals last season after September, Mellor's fat, Tudgay's probably still sulking and Heffernan hasn't scored since he left Notts County (mind you, Billy Sharp's shown it can be difficult for poachers at Donny).

Fully expect them to come back up but they'll need to buy again when they do.

Technically they had a Championship side last season, not that it did them much good.

Still fancy Southampton, Huddersfield Charlton, and Swindon to give them a serious run for their money. They all have (maybe baring Charlton) a settled squad and have experience at this level. Like it or not Wednesday are going to be a scalp, as Leeds found, and teams will play above themselves against them.

I have to agree, the players they have signed should have the quality to get them out of the league at the first attempt; i certainly think that their squad is stronger then the one they won promotion with last time around.

I have to say i'm disappointed with our transfer dealings so far but as many have pointed out already it is almost certainly a sign of the times at our particular club. I really hope there will be at least one signing which will excite me ahead of the new season but, as it seems deffenders are the order of the day, it looks unlikely.

I suppose the prospect of Williamson, Ward and Britton in our midfield may be enough to peak my interest; just how often this trio are available is another question i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom