Would you swap with SWFC?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you swap the complete state of SUFC with SWFC?

• Yes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 168 98.8%

• Total voters
Oh, I can beat that! In 1981 Villa won the title and one of the last (maybe last) games of that season was at Swillsborough. I took myself off and stood with around 20k Villa fans on their shitty kop. At the final whistle, bedlam. Seemed like every Villa fan wanted to be on the pitch. (It was better back then - you'd fucking drown nowadays). I joined them and determinedly made my way to the centre spot. It had been a long day, and I couldn't resist unzipping and pissing on it!

Wednesday weren't in division 1 when Villa won the league...

• oLeague position Yes, as we would do a better job than they are doing
  • Squad No - but their goal keeper has saved their season (so far) and Loovens sounds a good player in the back four, so those two on our bench
  • Staff No
  • Owners No, no one knows anything about them, and t'owd Milan re-hashed his "the first time I met Mr. Mammadov I knew he was the man to take us forward", he just replaced the name!
  • Finances Owls fans seem to think the new owner is a billionaire, not true, the company they own turns over billions, the family (according to the Forbes rich list) are worth around $500 million, which iis mainly the dad, not the son who heads the consortium.
  • Commercial activity No
  • Community activity Wednesday fans like to conveniently forget the "community sports centre" they were going to build on Peistone Raod. The small print said that it would ony work with private investment, nothing more than a PR excercise for the Sheffield Star to fall for.
  • Training Facilities er......the tent?
  • Other facilities What other facilities?
  • State of repair of ground surely this is a joke? "The Rust Bucket Stadium"?, "The Theatre of Streams"? versus BDTBL?
  • Academy No, although to be fair, they have a good young keeper in the under 21 side and a couple of of big bruising forwards

There is nothing other than league position I'd swap with them. Seriously what have they got we could possibly want?
The ground is one of the most depressing in the league not to mention certain areas of it unsafe, that's why they're kept closed. It would cost millions to get it to Bramall Lane's current standard, never mind improve on it.
The fans are truly deluded/arrogant/boring humourless cunts.
They have a laughable 'infrastructure' and one of the poorest commercial set-ups in the country.
The academy? Miles behind United despite the rating.
As far the new owners. Has any of the Thai owners worked out anywhere?
Quite happy being where we are in every sense apart from league position thanks.

In our next poll, would you rather be dragged apart by wild horses, or have a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake? :D

It's not that bleeding vile seed cake that my mad hippy Aunty used to make? I once tried to feed some to her cute little canary and I could swear it warbled back 'fuck off'

Also we have a air of optimism , which is fundamentally lacking in S6.

I'd disagree fundamentally with this. Pig fans are the most optimistic fuckers on this planet, the sort of dimwitted shitcunts that steadfastly take the moral victory in a 3-2 derby defeat because they won the second half 2-0. That glory days are ahead of them, because as that prize bell end (but in my mind fine manager) Chris Turner once said, "history tells us that". One trophy as a 2nd division club in the last 80 years, and they still think they are part of the top table in English football. And now these ladyboy fish people have sprung up from nowhere, you can be fucking sure that HMS Pisstheleague will be back in service for another mythical adventure.

Unitedites are not at all optimistic by nature, hopeful at a stretch but with that in built pessimism that the sky is to fall in on our heads at any moment. Not without just cause either. We hope this lot can get us up through the play offs this season, and if we do we'll be much better placed that them to push on. It's just making that first step back.

I've always thought they were a glass half full mob, but they'd tell you it was full to overflowing with the finest brew known to man. But not only is our glass half empty, there's a very good chance WalthamstowBlade has greased his helmet around the rim...

The whole works...
  • League position
  • Squad
  • Staff
  • Owners
  • Finances
  • Commercial activity
  • Community activity
  • Training Facilities
  • Other facilities
  • State of repair of ground
  • Academy
Seems to me it's a bit of a stupid question.
going to be NO from everyone except the lurking pigs

On what possible basis might you take the ground?

Capacity? It's too big for them and it'd be too big for us.

Couldn't agree more. Swillsborough? Its a dangerous rubbish tip of a ground, far too near the Dingles for my liking. Can't compare it to BDTBL. Pah!

Seems to me it's a bit of a stupid question.
going to be NO from everyone except the lurking pigs
Is it really that stupid? If we could be 12th in the Championship tomorrow but the price we pay is that everything about our club turns into the state that Wednesday are currently in?

No. and the one person who voted yes, you piggy cunt.

:)

1. Yes.
2. No (not actually seen any of them play but the Pigs I work with hate all of them!). You are less likely to see a goal in their games than anywhere in the country though!
3. No (they'll be gone end of season so ask me again in August)
4. No
5. ? (no-one knows what either clubs are actually like)
6. No
7. ? (don't take any notice of Community activities really)
8. No
9. No
10. No
11. No

You've forgot "fans". Obviously, from other threads, we've got 90% arseholes in our ground, but they've got 100% every game.
This is a great response mate!

On what possible basis might you take the ground?

Capacity? It's too big for them and it'd be too big for us.

Couldn't agree more. Swillsborough? Its a dangerous rubbish tip of a ground, far too near the Dingles for my liking. Can't compare it to BDTBL. Pah!

You're not being objective.

As a Blade I love the lane and wouldn't want to play anywhere else, least of all Hillsborough.

However, objectively, it is bigger and is still a pretty good ground when compared to some shitholes or identikit new stadiums which I hate. It wouldn't take a ridiculous amount of time or investment to make it pretty impressive.

So in terms of capacity and potential that is why I said the ground would be a possibility. But only if all emotion and history was taken out of it as per the OP's instruction.

And even then I'd probably stick with the Lane but it eould be the only other factor after league position I would have to think about.

swop with Wednesday be like giving up having a cold at home and instead moving to Dignitas

and if wendies lose at millwall tonight they might be swapping places in leagues with us anyhow lose tonight and they are 2 wins above 22nd in mid slump

Mmmmmm let me think about it the only thing going for that lot is easy access to the sty by public transport which is great if you cant walk very far, the tram will drop you a few yards away or loads of buses can drop you of at the turnstiles where as at the lane they shut the road for big games so only one bus goes past the ground otherwise you have a half mile walk from London Rd or Queens Rd. Having said that I'd rather walk half a mile bare foot on red hot coals to the Lane than go to that rusty old shitheap in S6.
No wouldn't swap anything with those tossers the league status only looks like being temporary anyone can see we are getting better all the time (I'd still like it to be faster) while they are at best treading water, when was the last time they had a player worth millions to sell ? when was the last time they paid millions for a player ?

Oh, I can beat that! In 1981 Villa won the title and one of the last (maybe last) games of that season was at Swillsborough. I took myself off and stood with around 20k Villa fans on their shitty kop. At the final whistle, bedlam. Seemed like every Villa fan wanted to be on the pitch. (It was better back then - you'd fucking drown nowadays). I joined them and determinedly made my way to the centre spot. It had been a long day, and I couldn't resist unzipping and pissing on it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980–81_Aston_Villa_F.C._season

As a Blade I love the lane and wouldn't want to play anywhere else, least of all Hillsborough.

On this one, I think I am being objective. I prefer BDTBL to Swillsborough and think it is now a better stadium. Hasten to add though, it's not a thread that promotes objectivity. Plus, as you say yourself, you wouldn't choose that ground over ours. But I agree, I also don't like identi-kit stadiums in retail parks with only a Frankie and Bennys nearby to get a drink.

However, objectively, it is bigger and is still a pretty good ground when compared to some shitholes or identikit new stadiums which I hate. It wouldn't take a ridiculous amount of time or investment to make it pretty impressive.

So in terms of capacity and potential that is why I said the ground would be a possibility. But only if all emotion and history was taken out of it as per the OP's instruction.

And even then I'd probably stick with the Lane but it eould be the only other factor after league position I would have to think about.

I don't think you realise what sort of investment it would take to get it anywhere near Bramall Lane's standard.
They have one stand with facilities such as restaurants and boxes in it. I've seen the boxes and I've seen the restaurant's. They are nowhere near Bramall Lane's standards, even more so after last summers revamp of our facilities.
We have more restaurants and corporate facilities and they are in two stands. Our ground is in a central location for functions etc. we have an onsite hotel.
The concourses in their north and west stand are compact and outdated, the toilets disgusting.
Only one of our stands (the kop) has restricted views. Only one (I think) of theirs has unrestricted. I believe but may be wrong even their best stand the South has poles supporting the roof towards the rear.
Their West Stand should have been knocked down years ago. It's not changed since the disaster, apart from seats being put in it. It's an absolute disgrace.
Our ground on the inside and outside (bar the outside of the kop) looks modern, clean and vibrant. Theirs simply doesn't and looks very dull inside and out. Look at theirs on the telly and tell me you think that looks good?
The atmosphere is dead, the reason being it's about 10,000 seats too big for them....no wonder.
They estimated for their pie in the sky redevelopment a total cost of £20m odd.
That was to virtually rebuild 3 sides of their ground. Not sure where Strafford plucked that figure from but McCabe said the extension to our South stand was £20m odd on its own. Btw he personally guaranteed the funds for that if our wc bid had been successful. Lord knows where Strafford thought the money was coming from but I'd take a guess he was hoping for a bailout from the FA to spare both their blushes.
Their new owners won't IMO waste their money redeveloping that dump. It'd cost far too much and would really require demolishing and starting from scratch.
They'll be looking at a new build, one of those identikit stadiums those over on Porktalk are so fond of pulling to pieces.

I don't think you realise what sort of investment it would take to get it anywhere near Bramall Lane's standard.
They have one stand with facilities such as restaurants and boxes in it. I've seen the boxes and I've seen the restaurant's. They are nowhere near Bramall Lane's standards, even more so after last summers revamp of our facilities.
We have more restaurants and corporate facilities and they are in two stands. Our ground is in a central location for functions etc. we have an onsite hotel.
The concourses in their north and west stand are compact and outdated, the toilets disgusting.
Only one of our stands (the kop) has restricted views. Only one (I think) of theirs has unrestricted. I believe but may be wrong even their best stand the South has poles supporting the roof towards the rear.
Their West Stand should have been knocked down years ago. It's not changed since the disaster, apart from seats being put in it. It's an absolute disgrace.
Our ground on the inside and outside (bar the outside of the kop) looks modern, clean and vibrant. Theirs simply doesn't and looks very dull inside and out. Look at theirs on the telly and tell me you think that looks good?
The atmosphere is dead, the reason being it's about 10,000 seats too big for them....no wonder.
They estimated for their pie in the sky redevelopment a total cost of £20m odd.
That was to virtually rebuild 3 sides of their ground. Not sure where Strafford plucked that figure from but McCabe said the extension to our South stand was £20m odd on its own. Btw he personally guaranteed the funds for that if our wc bid had been successful. Lord knows where Strafford thought the money was coming from but I'd take a guess he was hoping for a bailout from the FA to spare both their blushes.
Their new owners won't IMO waste their money redeveloping that dump. It'd cost far too much and would really require demolishing and starting from scratch.
They'll be looking at a new build, one of those identikit stadiums those over on Porktalk are so fond of pulling to pieces.
the strafford fantasy rebuild was 20 million , for their half as the FA was subsidising half and that was for demolishing all leppings lane putting up a new stand a second tier and boxes in the cantalever and office blocks , a true figure would be nearer 60 million
The seating in the cantilever is below modern standards , and leppings lane is so bad its only option is demolition
As stated ther current corporate facilities are eighties standard at best , Berni Inn springs to mind , It would frighten the most optimistic architect to make something out of it for under 40 m, One of my cousins who has gone to the dark side took me to a box last season and was like when Oliver Twist was entertained by Fagan

Last edited:
fuck-off-meme.png
Thief!

When I'm back home I can't stand even driving past their rusty shithole of a ground, and will actively detour miles our of the way so I don't set eyes on it.

I've pissed up pretty much every kop turnstile door on Penistone Road after nights out in Hillsborough, whilst not big or clever was fucking ace at the time

My nephew used to (have to) drive past the place on his way to work in Penistone Road. Every time he did, he told me he used to subconsciously feel himself edging away from the window of his car and saying 'eeerrrrrrr!' in the manner that you would if encountered a pavement full of spew.

I do the same if I see some subnormal walking about if one of their tops or I see that pathetic badge of theirs. 1867? Yeah, right.

pommpey

The whole works.
Good question. Will try to look at it objectively ( with blades tinted glases) and score each for blades or pigs:
  • League position - obvious one, they're a div above, sitting mid table. Pigs
  • Squad - given that they're in the div above, you'd think it'd be a shoe in for the pigs, but we have a young squad with smatterings of experience. Next season if we keep this squad together and fit, then we have a pacey, exciting side with good attacking options and once they settle together more we'll be strong defensively. Blades
  • Staff - no contest, they have a caretaker, he's doing a good job with what he has, but can't see him doing much more. Blades
  • Owners - seen nothing from the pigs owners yet, they've had no time yet. Prince/ McCabe and the team of Phipps, Baki and Brannigan are running things well. Blades
  • Finances - not seen anything on their side yet as they only came in a few weeks back, so by default it's us. Blades
  • Commercial activity - we seem to be getting a few deals set up, but I think we'll have taken a knock because of the ched affair and because we're league one. Cup runs will have been good for us though. Draw
  • Community activity - recently I've seen a lot more from the pigs in the local rags and link ups with teams like Sheffield FC. However, you can't ignore the way we're farming our youngsters out to local sides - Ilkeston, Hallam, stalybridge to name some recent ones. But if only to give them another one, I'll give it to them. Pigs
  • Training Facilities - no contest. Blades
  • Other facilities - apparently their shop is better. Pigs
  • State of repair of ground - A couple of things came up this weekend as I drove past the Sty and as I saw something on Facebook that wednesdays ground is one of the best away experiences in the championship mainly for history and the large allocation teams get. The article mentioned that the posts get in the way and the ground is run down. Look at the lane in comparison and its a fantastic ground except for the kop. Blades
  • Academy - 1 starter and 3 academy lads on the bench tonight, weve churned out a number of players consistently over the last few years. Who've they brought through? Blades
I'll add another:
  • Scouting - they run the rule over players in Eastern and Southern Europe and their foray to Scotland hasn't really brought great success yet. We've stripped scotland, league one and Ilkeston of some cracking young, exciting talent not forgetting to mention Derby and our hero from Cardiff. Blades
  • Attracting players - obvious. Blades
Blades - 9
Pigs - 3
Draw - 1

I might have been a bit biased...

Is it really that stupid? If we could be 12th in the Championship tomorrow but the price we pay is that everything about our club turns into the state that Wednesday are currently in?

Answer would still be no.
Why don't you make it interesting and say "If we could be Barcelona tomorrow would you swap?"
My answer would be no to a swap to any club

Back
Top Bottom