Would you swap with SWFC?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you swap the complete state of SUFC with SWFC?

• Yes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 168 98.8%

• Total voters
In a comparison between clubs, the only thing they have going for them is League position, and give it 12 months and they'll probably not even have that.

When I'm back home I can't stand even driving past their rusty shithole of a ground, and will actively detour miles our of the way so I don't set eyes on it.

I've pissed up pretty much every kop turnstile door on Penistone Road after nights out in Hillsborough, whilst not big or clever was fucking ace at the time

Fuck off you TWAT, would I?

Fuckingsnortwankermassivetwatcocksuckerinbredcuntsofthehighestorderpisssmellingwankstainknobgobblingfuckwitterybastardshitgobblersknobcheeselickingscumbagarsegorgingratdroppinginfestedpikeysetoftosserswithoverinflatedegosandanunhealthyregardforeachotherspenisesandthatsjustthefemaleporkerslimitedgenepoolwindowlickingsetofdickheadstheworldhaseverproduced.

Erm - not really, thanks all the same

This is the thing - it frustrates me that there is no neutral position on this, but I cannot accept that bias negates the validity of all opinion on the matter. Darren, you state that there is no difference between the "positions" of the clubs other than league position - a short walk around the two grounds would throw that into doubt, I'm sure of that.

This is the thing - it frustrates me that there is no neutral position on this, but I cannot accept that bias negates the validity of all opinion on the matter. Darren, you state that there is no difference between the "positions" of the clubs other than league position - a short walk around the two grounds would throw that into doubt, I'm sure of that.

Neutral position only likely to come fan of a neutral club. Dunfermline perhaps? I'm usually a level headed chap who can see another person point of view. When it comes to the LadyPigs I am biased and immensely proud of it. Although there is not much bias to say that in every department, they live in our shade.

Is it possible for the admin to move this thread out of the public area? The ego's at pork talk will be through the roof if they see the OP.

If and I mean IF we get promoted this season, we will finish above Wednesday next season. They aren't a team that seems to be pushing on for their next stage of growth. We are clearly a team that has ambition. Wednesday don't strike me to have much and don't seem to be building any solid foundations.

To answer the questions posted:

• League position Yes
  • Squad No - would take a couple of their players
  • Staff Definitely no
  • Owners No
  • Finances We don't know how big the takeover is for them yet
  • Commercial activity No
  • Community activity Suppose they have a public park next door which they gate crash every so often
  • Training Facilities No
  • Other facilities Their fax machine is meant to be awesome
  • State of repair of ground No (size of ground yes)
  • Academy No

I think Pommpey , has nailed his colours to the mast , what ever you do don't ask him about swapping placers with the scummers
I'd predict total meltdown . ;)
Oh the answer to your Question ?
No .

When I'm back home I can't stand even driving past their rusty shithole of a ground, and will actively detour miles our of the way so I don't set eyes on it.

I've pissed up pretty much every kop turnstile door on Penistone Road after nights out in Hillsborough, whilst not big or clever was fucking ace at the time
Drive as close as you can, clearing your throat and dredging up a big greyish-green mouthful of chest bogies. Then when you're within striking distance let it fly. Surprisingly satisfying.

Taking all sentiment out of it no way for me on anything other than league position and possibly ground.

An intresting one that takes some local rivalries out of it TonyAgana Darren is which Championship clubs would you swap with in terms of the examples given above?

Me? I'd go Derby, Middlesborough, Ipswich, Norwich, Wolves, Reading, Brighton.

That's it for me. In terms of infrastructure, foundations, potential and sustainability I would not want to 'swap' with any other club even though it would put us in a higher league, which shows how good things are. Had you have asked me 18 months ago I would probably have swapped with double.

Neutral position only likely to come fan of a neutral club. Dunfermline perhaps? I'm usually a level headed chap who can see another person point of view. When it comes to the LadyPigs I am biased and immensely proud of it. Although there is not much bias to say that in every department, they live in our shade.

I too consider myself level headed, will ALWAYS listen to another's point of view, but not always accept and agree to it, but where the pigs are concerned I am extremely vocal and biased.

My wife cannot understand it, but then coming from Northampton, she has my sympathies where football is concerned.

I dislike everything piggy and in answer to the original post, there is nothing I would even consider comparing us and them. Complete and utter waste of thinking time.

They have always been the most arrogant fans (Wolves aside) who have walked this planet and as I lump sarcasm and arrogance as two of my great dislikes then it's an opinion I will take to my grave. I think I inadvertently instilled this into my youngest boy (24 now!) and I reckon he will carry my mantle long after I have departed the world - some things you just have to do I am afraid. Some may see it as sad - and yes you can have your opinion, just don't try and change mine where the arrogant twats of S6 are concerned.

UTB

Oh, I can beat that! In 1981 Villa won the title and one of the last (maybe last) games of that season was at Swillsborough. I took myself off and stood with around 20k Villa fans on their shitty kop. At the final whistle, bedlam. Seemed like every Villa fan wanted to be on the pitch. (It was better back then - you'd fucking drown nowadays). I joined them and determinedly made my way to the centre spot. It had been a long day, and I couldn't resist unzipping and pissing on it!

An intresting one that takes some local rivalries out of it TonyAgana Darren is which Championship clubs would you swap with in terms of the examples given above?

Me? I'd go Derby, Middlesborough, Ipswich, Norwich, Wolves, Reading, Brighton.

That's it for me. In terms of infrastructure, foundations, potential and sustainability I would not want to 'swap' with any other club even though it would put us in a higher league, which shows how good things are. Had you have asked me 18 months ago I would probably have swapped with double.
I'd probably say the same although I might put Rotherham into that category, too. Although not as strong in their foundations, they are progressive and have room to build. I understand people saying yes to Hillsborough's size but the state it is in and the rumours you hear (from Mandaric himself) on how much it costs to run and how much it would cost to improve, I'd think twice.

Every time I sit in the stand at Bramall Lane before kick off, I can picture so many dramatic moments, I look at the spot where Jags ran onto a bouncing ball 40 yards out in front of John Street and smashed it into the corner of Paul Robinson's goal against Leeds, I see Michael Tonge cutting in from the wing and sliding it in at the near post against Liverpool, I picture Nade turning the Arsenal defender and placing it past the oncoming goalkeeper, I remember Alan Kelly's penalty saves on St Patrick's Day against Coventry, I look at the post that Danny Webber hit against Wigan, and the penalty spot from which Unsworth sent us down, Kabba in front of the cop sealing a place in the play-off final, Alan Cork equalising at Wembley, Seaman's stupendous save keeping out pesch, Baxter opening the scoring at Wembley.. I could go on for a while. My point is, I love live sport for its pure unscripted drama and passion, the highs and the lows. The reason I'm glad I'm a Blade rather than an Owl has nothing really to do with the things listed, its because over the last 20 years or so I've been supporting, there's been so much more going on in our half of the city. Yes the Owls have had one or two, but for the most part, nothing changes for them, and magical moments are few a far between. There's nothing to say that it won't be different in the future, but at the moment, its so much better to be a blade.

My point is, I love live sport for its pure unscripted drama and passion, the highs and the lows.

I have picked out that little bit - can you please tell all the sad gits who watch soaps on TV, particularly Eastenders that they are all ............fucking sad.

UTB

Are people reading this poll as "would you rather be a Blade or an Owl?"? It isn't that.
I know my post might sound like that's how I'm reading the poll, but it's not meant to. My point is that the things listed don't actually contribute much to how enjoyable supporting a club is. If I was going to swap with another club, it would be because they have more fun than us, not because they have a better stadium or whatever.

It's basically, do you want your club to become Sheffield Wednesday.
Kinda, yeah. But, as Darren would point out, they are 12th in the Championship. If you could wake up tomorrow and be in their position but with their level of club-infrastructure, would you make that deal?

A bit like asking do you want your knob cut off.

Back
Top Bottom