Will Osula

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If this is true I doubt we would be prepared to sell him unless Jebbo was signing.

The club that signed Emmanuel Emegha & Rasmus Hojlund for a few million then sold both on for big profit is interested in our young, promising centre forward
Who is that first player?
Never heard of him
Makes sense of anyone playing in the backwater of an obscure Austrian league

Or someone else?
We may well be getting someone else but I highly doubt we would be prepared to lose both Osula and Jebbison who are both young prospects who could turn out to be worth a lot of money. I hope we keep both tbh.

Would be a great move for him. Drop down a few levels and bag in loads of goals try and get a move to the PL where most fail but he gets one hell of a career.

Decent fee with big sell on covers us nicely.

I can't see us getting much more than £1.5mil for him. Never scored in the Premier League (not his fault, necessarily), never scored in the Championship, had an average loan in League One with Derby, 2 goals in 16 games.

Talk about giving someone ample opportunity and not making the best of it.

I like Osula but I just don't see him as a first team starter or goalscorer for us at Championship level.

Could be the best move for everyone.

I can't see us getting much more than £1.5mil for him. Never scored in the Premier League (not his fault, necessarily), never scored in the Championship, had an average loan in League One with Derby, 2 goals in 16 games.

I like Osula but I just don't see him as a first team starter or goalscorer for us at Championship level.

Under McCabe you might have been right, but he’s 20 and under contract for another 3 years.

He had limited opportunity in the Championship for us and was way out of his depth in the top-flight but we had to keep him because we had so few other striker options last season when ideally he should have been on loan in the Championship. Far too early to write him off, he still looked better than Brewster in the season just gone.

It would be a case of resorting to a less obvious/less wanted sale in order to raise funds. I wouldn't have any problem with it. He won't be a starter (hopefully), and you have to decide on players at some point

The Austrian league would be an ideal place to sell to with a good sell on clause. A low enough standard for him to do well at, a good enough standard to attract attention should he do well, at the sort of club who'll be able to get a decent fee

He'd also fetch a good fee if he did even slightly well in the championship but 1) I don't trust he'd get the chance and 2) I don't trust he'd do well if he did

Needs to find composure in front of goal to kick on in the men's game.

If he does he'll be a serious prospect. If he doesn't, he's a lower league player.

I hoped we'd see him and Jebbison grow together here but I'm becoming less confident that will happen both in terms of their progression and other factors.

Unless we’ve suddenly got piles of cash knocking around to go and sign multiple proven championship strikers letting a top striking prospect under a long amount of contract control go for cheap would seem a ridiculous decision to make

Unless we’ve suddenly got piles of cash knocking around to go and sign multiple proven championship strikers letting a top striking prospect under a long amount of contract control go for cheap would seem a ridiculous decision to make
well yogi this on top of the osborn u turn suggests to me that some major cash could be coming in to the club all of a sudden having to make do with what weve got seems as though it might be off the table

well yogi this on top of the osborn u turn suggests to me that some major cash could be coming in to the club all of a sudden having to make do with what weve got seems as though it might be off the table
Even if we’ve suddenly got cash and go out and sign 2/3 proven championship goal scorers would still make much more sense to loan Osula rather than sell him. If he has one good season in front of goal in the next 2/3 years he becomes an incredibly valuable asset the type of asset we could afford to buy in from elsewhere

We have a lot of promising young forwards, but players do take a lot longer to evolve into first team footballers at any level these days. So I don't see anything disappointing ( apart from the injury record in Jebbisons case) about either of Osula or Jebbison at this stage in their careers or why someone else might not be prepared to pay a good fee for them, despite the limited track record. Unfortunately now we have achieved the status of a 'yo-yo team', our needs are always somewhat more immediate and more so in our case, given the state of our squad. So while you might be swapping a higher ceiling for lower one, trading off one of the young strikers so you can sign say a Worrall is probably sensible. There is a risk you might be letting a gem go, but you can't live on speculation, so put a good sell on clause and we still have quite a few exciting prospects on the conveyer belt.

Top Striking prospect FFS OSULA DOESN'T SCORE GOAL IS A SHITE FINNISHER SELL SELL SELL

Top Striking prospect FFS OSULA DOESN'T SCORE GOAL IS A SHITE FINNISHER SELL SELL

Back
Top Bottom