Wilder Out ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reality is that aside from the 3/4 players out for the season, over 50% of the rest are out of contract in the summer so are on the beach. That leaves us with a few youngsters who are trying and 3 or 4 others still in contract but want out as they are deluded that they will get transfers to other Prem clubs…….

That is why when we go a goal down …. there is no apparent effort.
These players who are out of contract - how much do you think they increasing their future earning potential by being humiliated on national TV every week?

Was about to say Bogle and Trusty as full backs must be the worst pair since..... Well Bogle and Larouchi, Bogle and Lowe....

Seriously, the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome ...

Bogle is a liability. Anel is a liability. Trusty is a liability. Robinson is a liability. To keep picking them and expecting them to be anything else is just plain insanity.
Who do we pick then?

Do people think they're smart realising that our players are shit for this level? If only the manager dropped them all and played ???????? instead 🤣

This keeps getting suggested - where are people getting it from?
Our spending the past few years with the same owner. We came down, sold Ramsdale for millions and brought in loanees.

The money goes on wages, what will be different this time?

Who do we pick then?

Do people think they're smart realising that our players are shit for this level? If only the manager dropped them all and played ???????? instead 🤣
That's why he gets paid literally £millions to find a solution(s)!

All I'll say is if his only solution is to keep trying to fit 10kg's of shit into a 6kg bag, then I'd suggest common sense would dictate he needs to work on the bag or his shit shovelling technique rather than the mound of shit....

Whatever 'coaching' he's doing Mon-Fri either isn't working or not getting through to the personnel. Something needs to change....

That's why he gets paid literally £millions to find a solution(s)!

All I'll say is if his only solution is to keep trying to fit 10kg's of shit into a 6kg bag, then I'd suggest common sense would dictate he needs to work on the bag or his shit shovelling technique rather than the mound of shit....

Whatever 'coaching' he's doing Mon-Fri either isn't working or not getting through to the personnel. Something needs to change....
You said it was insanity to keep picking Trusty, Robinson, Anel and Bogle.

Baldock has been out injured, who would you have picked at RB? Egan and Basham out injured, Holgate suspended, who are you picking at CB? Lowe and RND out injured, who are you picking at LB?

You have no answers (obviously), but because the manager is paid a big wage, you expect them to birth a new back 4 that can compete against Saka, Martinelli and Havertz. It's not helpful or interesting to criticise every decision without giving it a moments thought.

Our spending the past few years with the same owner. We came down, sold Ramsdale for millions and brought in loanees.

The money goes on wages, what will be different this time?
Well we ended up with an embargo from the money spend on the last premier league debacle.

It was made clear that this season would be use to repair those finances, hence no significant premier league spending.

I see no reason (that's been publicly stated other than by people spitting their dummies out) to suggest we shouldn't have a competitive budget in the championship next season.

I'm not saying this is the case either, just trying to separate the current negativity from the debate.

Baldock has been out injured, who would you have picked at RB? Egan and Basham out injured, Holgate suspended, who are you picking at CB? Lowe and RND out injured, who are you picking at LB?

You have no answers (obviously), but because the manager is paid a big wage, you expect them to birth a new back 4 that can compete against Saka, Martinelli and Havertz. It's not helpful or interesting to criticise every decision without giving it a moments thought.
So by extension, what is your solution? Shrug your shoulders, accept the ineptitude and sit around jerking off to pictures of Tufty holding the League One trophy?

You don't have to have an answer wrapped in a big red bow to have the right to say, we keep picking the same players and keep getting hammered 5's and 6's. If nothing changes, nothing changes.

It's even less helpful and interesting to not criticise decisions without giving a moments thought to there being alternative solutions...

But hey ho, Chris didn't buy these players so he gets a pass and the players (bless them are trying their best)...

Whoever he picks, the defence has been a shambles all season. They look like they’ve been picked up individually that day. Where’s the coaching?

Norwood - not blaming the player - in central midfield last night set the tone. No pace. What did Wilder think would happen?

And Knill, he shares their song wtf is his role these days, what’s his input?

Wilder is looking like a broken man again while Knill seems to be hiding behind him.

Well we ended up with an embargo from the money spend on the last premier league debacle.

It was made clear that this season would be use to repair those finances, hence no significant premier league spending.

I see no reason (that's been publicly stated other than by people spitting their dummies out) to suggest we shouldn't have a competitive budget in the championship next season.

I'm not saying this is the case either, just trying to separate the current negativity from the debate.
The budget next season will depend on how much historic debt we’ve paid off this season.

Total revenue next season will likely be around £70m before any player trading. Davies, Brewster, Hamer, Souza, Trusty are likely the only contracts on the books with a 'high' Championship wage. I'd expect Souza to go and I think we will try to move Hamer.

The big difference between this and the last few seasons is a vastly reduced legacy wage bill and a lower transfer dealing deficit (if there is one at all).

I have no idea how the £ will be allocated but I do believe there will be sufficient funds to have a mid table+ Championship wage bill.

Now actually signing players in time for the season? Who knows!?

But with no significant PL spending comes a squad without many/any saleable assets and few proven, contracted first team players. We also had three years of parachute payments last time compared to two this time.

I'm not confident about our finances, but doesn't seem like it'll be much different this time. The owner won't want to put more of his own money in (if he did, he may as well have done so this season). The parachute payments will be used to bring in free transfers, loanees and pay wages.

Total revenue next season will likely be around £70m before any player trading. Davies, Brewster, Hamer, Souza, Trusty are likely the only contracts on the books with a 'high' Championship wage. I'd expect Souza to go and I think we will try to move Hamer.

The big difference between this and the last few seasons is a vastly reduced legacy wage bill and a lower transfer dealing deficit (if there is one at all).

I have no idea how the £ will be allocated but I do believe there will be sufficient funds to have a mid table+ Championship wage bill.

I think our wage bill will be comfortably top 10 if not top 6, but to have the in addition to significant transfer fees is something else.

The budget next season will depend on how much historic debt we’ve paid off this season.
Yes, I'm sure. A quick but of mental maths (no science!) makes me think it should be very competitive at championship level.

I'm more worried abut our ability to spend it wisely than I am about having money available.

But with no significant PL spending comes a squad without many/any saleable assets and few proven, contracted first team players. We also had three years of parachute payments last time compared to two this time.

I'm not confident about our finances, but doesn't seem like it'll be much different this time. The owner won't want to put more of his own money in (if he did, he may as well have done so this season). The parachute payments will be used to bring in free transfers, loanees and pay wages.
Not necessarily, given the awful way we've squandered money when in the premier league. If I were the owner, that would affect my thinking.

Whoever he picks, the defence has been a shambles all season. They look like they’ve been picked up individually that day. Where’s the coaching?

Norwood - not blaming the player - in central midfield last night set the tone. No pace. What did Wilder think would happen?

Wilder is looking like a broken man again while Knill seems to be hiding behind him.
All this is fair criticism.

I think the belief and morale of this squad is completely gone, and probably has been after the first few games. Hecky probably tried the good cop, arm around the shoulder stuff, taking pressure off them etc. Didn't work.

I assume Wilder has gone in heavier, also not working. They are shot and I doubt the staff have any cards left to play. Maybe another manager would, but doubt we'll find them.

I think our wage bill will be comfortably top 10 if not top 6, but to have the in addition to significant transfer fees is something else.
Honestly, who knows? I don't think I've ever known there be more unknowns in an upcoming season.

I don't think we'll win the league or get relegated. I think any other ending is eminently possible

So by extension, what is your solution? Shrug your shoulders, accept the ineptitude and sit around jerking off to pictures of Tufty holding the League One trophy?

You don't have to have an answer wrapped in a big red bow to have the right to say, we keep picking the same players and keep getting hammered 5's and 6's. If nothing changes, nothing changes.

It's even less helpful and interesting to not criticise decisions without giving a moments thought to there being alternative solutions...

But hey ho, Chris didn't buy these players so he gets a pass and the players (bless them are trying their best)...
Criticise decisions all you want, we've clearly made a load of bad ones. But it's wrong to assume that everyone not ranting about every decision made is some sort of Wilder cultist.

Since Wilder has been in, we have rotated the squad, we have tried new systems, we have tried different players. It's all failed.

It's fair enough to criticise it, but claiming it's insanity to play Robinson at CB instead of throwing an academy kid in for their debut is just OTT.

The biggest difference is the transfer fees wasted on non performing players. With little or no resale value, especially know. That’s what’s affected the amounts available for wages.

The Surrender statement for this season suggested that when, sorry if, relegated, we’d be okay financially. I can’t remember anything positive about a decent transfer budget.

I think the £70m will be about right. Should cover wages admin etc but depends what we owe out in cash flow rather than profit terms. Championship sides, even promoted ones, tend to suffer losses.

The biggest difference is the transfer fees wasted on non performing players. With little or no resale value, especially know. That’s what’s affected the amounts available for wages.

The Surrender statement for this season suggested that when, sorry if, relegated, we’d be okay financially. I can’t remember anything positive about a decent transfer budget.
I'm just thinking wage bill to be honest, outside of the relegated teams (who sold a fair few) I think the highest fee paid in the Championship was about £3m? Somewhere in the £25-35m range wage wise is about midtable I think?

Knilly always looks at Wilder in his box as if he's saying "come and sit in the dugout love, it's cold out there!", shame and Nobody sings their song anymore either

Personally I'd get rid, he's ran his course with us, done amazing job throughout his tenure with us and provided us some of the best football we see a united team produce and a 9th league finish in the Premier league. He gets his props.

But times change all good things come to and end and had done a couple seasons ago. He won't be able to recreate that and we have moved and and times moved on. Bring in an upcoming manager and give him rebuild. Funnily enough it would have been perfect timing for slav to change our ethos on the pitch.

We need someone with a clear vision of how they want to set up and play and recruit the players accordingly and get rid of ours unable to play that way.
Slav was shafted big time by The Prince. Promised money that never materialised, trying to change the style of play and ethos of the club with the utter dross that Wilder bought. What a great opportunity wasted. Makes you wonder what Slav would have achieved with Wilders first Premier League budget. Wilders signings and the cost of them / wages will be a millstone around our neck for the next seven years. The spending on the South Stand in the mid 70’s springs to mind. We never got over that millstone for 15 years.

Souza is only here to get another move in the close season. We are a stepping stone for him. He won't be here next season. He's not a leader in any respect.

Having said that, he is not as good as he thinks he is.
Likewise,see Ahmedhodzic.

Wilder has escaped any criticism because he has credit in the bank from 2016-2020, but if we judged any other manager on his results and performances from 2020-2024 you'd be getting Weir, Robson or Heath levels of outrage amongst the fans.

The sadistic part of me did something I haven't done since last October - I listened to the post match interview & press conference. I was hoping for a soundbite that would give me a shred of optimism & reason to restore faith in CW/AK II regime. I didn't get that. What I heard was a broken man, with a broken team, with no confidence or idea on how to fix the huge problems at the club. That's not necessarily a dig at Wilders managerial credentials, it's conceivable that a better qualified Manager could have come in and struggled in the unenviable role of First Team Manager at a toxic, rotten club riddled with apathy.

I think we need a major overhaul in the summer. We need a fresh management & coaching staff who are willing and understanding of the task at hand which is;

• A major turnover of players
  • A budget that screams Preston North End
  • A mandate to develop youth players into the first team players or saleable assets

The irony is that you're asking someone to do what Wilder did during his first tenure, I just don't think he's got the desire or confidence to ante up and go again...

Souza is only here to get another move in the close season. We are a stepping stone for him. He won't be here next season. He's not a leader in any respect.

Having said that, he is not as good as he thinks he is.
He's a total fraud of a footballer , can`t wait until he gets out of our club .

Back
Top Bottom