Wilder Out ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So by extension, what is your solution? Shrug your shoulders, accept the ineptitude and sit around jerking off to pictures of Tufty holding the League One trophy?

You don't have to have an answer wrapped in a big red bow to have the right to say, we keep picking the same players and keep getting hammered 5's and 6's. If nothing changes, nothing changes.

It's even less helpful and interesting to not criticise decisions without giving a moments thought to there being alternative solutions...

But hey ho, Chris didn't buy these players so he gets a pass and the players (bless them are trying their best)...
You assume there is an answer.
There is no transfer window, so nobody is coming in.
You mentioned coaching earlier, but if you could coach players to be so much better you'd be a billionaire. The current set will only get to a certain level of ability.

The ship sailed months ago, and again in January. This is it.

Wilder in the post match interview on Sky was a real strange one. Yes he said we werent good enough and the players let themselves and the fans down etc but he was laughing and joking (ref the Arteta wine joke) as though he didnt have a care in the world. Either he knows something we dont or he has decided to just Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be we're going to the Champs you see, que sera sera

Wilder gets a free ride from me until October or November at the earliest

So you’re charging him for the journey after that?

Pick him up outside the back door!

(I had that Chris Wilder in the back of my cab once. I daren’t eat my sandwich)

Wilder in the post match interview on Sky was a real strange one. Yes he said we werent good enough and the players let themselves and the fans down etc but he was laughing and joking (ref the Arteta wine joke) as though he didnt have a care in the world. Either he knows something we dont or he has decided to just Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be we're going to the Champs you see, que sera sera

He knows who he is binning off. Once again he has walked in when a fair chunk of the squad are out of contract.

We were 11 pts clear of 3rd in january 23. Any rational owner would have had plans in place, for the PL then. So how to survive in the PL financially and football wise and capitalise on Hecky's great professional 91pt team.
HRH's great plan was to leave players to the last year of their contract and not recruit PL upgrade players until deadline day - 4Games into a pl season for a squad reliant on tight interplay and teamwork.
So zero reward for the promotion damaging the morale of the existing squad and recruiting upgrades that no one else wanted is the outcome.
Bettis promising we'll stick with Hecky no matter what, highlights his naivety in planning for such predictable outcomes.
If the contingency from january 23 , for humiliating losses was to bring back the coach who'd lost 31 of his previous 36PL games, then Bettis is the person who needs to go.

Seems you are very much in the minority. There appears to be a growing consensus that he needs to be gone as soon as the season ends. I think he will be.
but wilder left in 20/21, brought in a huge name, where did that get us apart from 17th? gone after 3 months.

at least with wilder, we've got man who this is more than a job to. we know that wilder isnt reason why are relegated & he would be quite far down until we got to him. why shouldnt we give him next season to do what he did post adkins.

I am neutral on the issue but if Grbic and Holgate are really Wilder's idea I don't want him anywhere near summer recruitment. That's one argument in favour.
You think Chris Wilder had knowledge of Atheltico Madrid second choice goalkeeper. It’s another United world signing.

You think Chris Wilder had knowledge of Atheltico Madrid second choice goalkeeper. It’s another United world signing.

No I don’t think that. That’s not what I said. Can’t you read?

Slav was shafted big time by The Prince. Promised money that never materialised, trying to change the style of play and ethos of the club with the utter dross that Wilder bought. What a great opportunity wasted. Makes you wonder what Slav would have achieved with Wilders first Premier League budget. Wilders signings and the cost of them / wages will be a millstone around our neck for the next seven years. The spending on the South Stand in the mid 70’s springs to mind. We never got over that millstone for 15 years.
100% got shafted. He was set up to fail by the owner, so he could come put and appoint hecky in the end (his true intentions as it was cheaper) and say look I told you so, look at how clever and such a good owner I am.

It's come to light now that slav asked for xyz playedd to come in, his own choices and they said no. He wanted to bring in a couple of players in January as well that could play his style of football and again they said no and got rid. The players couldnt play his system and style of play and the same core group of players are still here, it's just now they have been exposed even more, that they can't pass and move and keep possession, they just don't have the technical ability. It's okay if you have 1 or 2 that are like that but to have a full team is a disaster as case and point this season.

It's a make or break summer for us, perfect opportunity to change the old fashion ethos and style of play, if we can bring someone in that plays exciting attacking or possession football, give them chance to clear the deck of these players that are clearly not good enough technically, and bring in some players that are. We can push the club into a more forward and modern club.

If we keep with wilder, then we will be the same old, pashunnn above all else and a team full of montys, and his recent track record of signings I don't trust. He got the perfect balance in league one above that Norwood(2 seasons) & hendo 90% haven't been very good and a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom