Wilder Out ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reality is that aside from the 3/4 players out for the season, over 50% of the rest are out of contract in the summer so are on the beach. That leaves us with a few youngsters who are trying and 3 or 4 others still in contract but want out as they are deluded that they will get transfers to other Prem clubs…….

That is why when we go a goal down …. there is no apparent effort.

Reality is that aside from the 3/4 players out for the season, over 50% of the rest are out of contract in the summer so are on the beach. That leaves us with a few youngsters who are trying and 3 or 4 others still in contract but want out as they are deluded that they will get transfers to other Prem clubs…….

That is why when we go a goal down …. there is no apparent effort.

Yep,a decent proportion of that first half was down to a lack of effort. Quite a few on the Kop clapped them off at full time. I was fucking livid.

The dross signings this season were a result of even worse dross signings we made last time around, namely Moussett, Brewster, McBurnie, Berge.

Those signings were a severe act of irresponsibility and we end up rewarding the guy that made them.
Not only that but after making these stupid signings (include Bogle, Lowe, Callum Robinson, Freeman, Morrison, Rodwell, Burke and Coulibaly with those 4) he throws his toys out of the pram and bad mouths us in the press repeatedly until the owner has no choice but to sack him. He pockets 4million quid leaves and fails at two Championshio clubs. We then welcome him back with open arms!

Remember him also saying that as he was a Blade he felt responsible for the money spent and he would treat it as his own.

was not aware he was homeless and living of foodbank hand outs

It needs a wrecking ball taking to it, but where's the money coming from to do that 😢? I looked at the lineups on Flash Scores before kick off and there were around ten Blades out ( two Arsenal). It sums the club up. We can't even do the basics of having 20+ professional athletes fit and available. Hamer looks like he lives on kebabs. Honking.
Easy to sack the manager. More difficult to change what's happening on the field.

We've had five league games (I think) where we've lost by three goals or more. In the others we've been competitive, and even avoided defeat in seven of them. That's a start.

Basically Wilder's been in charge for three (or is it four?) heavy PL defeats, plus the FA Cup loss to Brighton. Each defeat was against an in-form team. He inherited a squad that wasn't his and was bottom of the league. Can't really say we've improved since PH left but there have been glimpses. He won't be sacked in the summer unless he falls out with PA. If we're shit in the Championship sack him by all means, but he'll be hurting as much as any of us and will be motivated to make amends next season.

Easy to sack the manager. More difficult to change what's happening on the field.

We've had five league games (I think) where we've lost by three goals or more. In the others we've been competitive, and even avoided defeat in seven of them. That's a start.

Basically Wilder's been in charge for three (or is it four?) heavy PL defeats, plus the FA Cup loss to Brighton. Each defeat was against an in-form team. He inherited a squad that wasn't his and was bottom of the league. Can't really say we've improved since PH left but there have been glimpses. He won't be sacked in the summer unless he falls out with PA. If we're shit in the Championship sack him by all means, but he'll be hurting as much as any of us and will be motivated to make amends next season.

The club needs a manager with a track record of building a squad on a shoe string. I've no idea if there's anybody out there with a record of doing that as well as Wilder. That's why he was appointed imo.

All the s
Chris wilder is and always has been a fraud who got lucky. Got to show respect to a ‘premier league’ manager though 👀 the man is a dickhead
All the pigs in disguise are out this morning! Allow them there moment of glory !! Then move on.!

I can understand people wanting a change in the summer. Fresh start, but people asking for him to be sacked now, what’s the point? We’re down, new manager can’t sign anyone so he’s stuck with the same shite.

Only a Big Sam type of character would be interested in taking us on for the remainder of the season and it would just be the same as it is now.

If you want wilder out, that’s fair enough. But let’s get the season out the way first. Bring a manager in now & it would kill his confidence going into next season

I can understand people wanting a change in the summer. Fresh start, but people asking for him to be sacked now, what’s the point? We’re down, new manager can’t sign anyone so he’s stuck with the same shite.

Only a Big Sam type of character would be interested in taking us on for the remainder of the season and it would just be the same as it is now.

If you want wilder out, that’s fair enough. But let’s get the season out the way first. Bring a manager in now & it would kill his confidence going into next season

I am neutral on the issue but if Grbic and Holgate are really Wilder's idea I don't want him anywhere near summer recruitment. That's one argument in favour.

Personally I'd get rid, he's ran his course with us, done amazing job throughout his tenure with us and provided us some of the best football we see a united team produce and a 9th league finish in the Premier league. He gets his props.

But times change all good things come to and end and had done a couple seasons ago. He won't be able to recreate that and we have moved and and times moved on. Bring in an upcoming manager and give him rebuild. Funnily enough it would have been perfect timing for slav to change our ethos on the pitch.

We need someone with a clear vision of how they want to set up and play and recruit the players accordingly and get rid of ours unable to play that way.

I do wonder if we have another 3 or 4 like last night - which probably will happen with Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs to come - if he will just pack up anyway at the end of the season? It clearly is getting to him again and think his heart/wallet ruled his head when he came back.

I struggle with those saying there is no better man to get us back when the evidence of this job (not his fault mostly) and the end last time he was here coupled with poor stints at Boro/Watford. If he was not a Blade and if he had not done what he did before - people would be hammering him and saying he is out of his depth - same as Hecky.

We have now regressed to as bad as we were under Hecky - proving it's not the manager in reality but as others have said - the owner is going nowhere so normally the only think we can change is the manager.

I personally would mutually agree in the summer to move on - it has not worked (not sure it would for anyone) but time for a re-set really. Without money that is a worry but I am concerned a poor start to next season with a much worse squad than the one that came down last season - that had a big hangover - and it will turn really nasty. I think Wilder still has tons of credit from what he did and most see he has been given an impossible job but I am not sure he is quite the master tactician/motivator he was anymore.

You'd like to think that the powers that be are busy in the background drawing up a succession plan, scouting managers, drawing a list of criteria for things that need improving ( Recruitment, fitness) and how any potential manager (wilder included) would improve these.

In reality Abdullah is spaffing himself silly over the NBA/NFL while Bettis is running around desperately looking for 50p to put in the meter to keep the lights on.

The club needs a manager with a track record of building a squad on a shoe string. I've no idea if there's anybody out there with a record of doing that as well as Wilder. That's why he was appointed imo.
I wonder if Wilder could ever repeat that, not just with yourselves, but say at a club in League 1? I don't think he could tbh. I think he is a decent manager, but I cannot help thinking that CWAK hit on a brilliant system that just worked so well and they caught a lot of people out on their rise. Add to that a momentum, winning feeling and heaps of confidence, and almost hypnotising the players they had to believe they were a lot better than they were and it all just worked. A bit like Mike Tyson who never thought he could be beat, and one punch changed it all. I think it all unravelled once Wilder threw the players under the bus and the 'hero' was exposed.

No point getting Wilder out.

Prince out.

Then a new owner can bring a 'statement' manager in and we go again from there.

Some people have their agendas. That’s all it is.

No point getting Wilder out.

Prince out.

Then a new owner can bring a 'statement' manager in and we go again from there.
Statement manager 😂 Wilder is still a club living legend.

He has next season to tarnish his name or write it across the stadium.

I am neutral on the issue but if Grbic and Holgate are really Wilder's idea I don't want him anywhere near summer recruitment. That's one argument in favour.
I actually don’t think he has a clue who Grbic is prior to him signing. The recruitment team will be that one. Joe Worrall would have been a much better signing & exactly what we needed with Egan out.

I guess on one hand he built a team that smashed the championship & took the Premiership by surprise initially so there’s some confidence there. He also signed Diaz who’s a good player.

I’m holding on to any hope our luck might change. I don’t see the prince sacking him

Wouldn't it be great if PA came out from the ivory tower he is hiding in and made some sort of statement at this point.
I think we deserve that, at least.
But he won't - what a joke owners like him are. There when things are good, hiding when they aren't.

“Afterwards, he indicated that his players had not followed his instructions and suggested he would look to the club's younger players for the remainder of their relegation battle.”

He’s come back the same busted flush as he left. Sad but true.

And he won't do it. Not that he should. It would be a terrible idea and potentially damaging to several young careers.

It reminds me of the words of John Toshack when (I think) he was in charge of Real Madrid and they had a bad result:

"On Monday I think I'll change ten of the team, Tuesday 7 or 8, Thursday 4, Friday 2 and by the time Saturday comes I think I'll have to play the same scumbags"

It's not Wilders fault. He obviously has to bear some of the responsibility, but the club, as a whole, is not functioning at anything like a level appropriate for the PL.

My preference is to start again with a new manager (at the end of the season). Not to punish CW or to hold him totally accountable. I just think we need a fresh approach and I genuinely don't think CW gives us that.

New owner and a new recruitment would also be great.

If Wilder had anything to do with bringing Grbic or Holgate in this January, I don’t want him anywhere near the club next summer.

His recuitment when we actually had money and momentum in our last season in the Prem was dire and we’re still paying the price for it now.

All playing the kids will do is expose them to a level they’re not ready for and risk permanently damaging their confidence.
Well Wilder said he was very happy with the January transfer window Mmmm just like the rest of the bollacks he comes out with

Wilder out you say but WHO would you get as a replacement ???

I actually don’t think he has a clue who Grbic is prior to him signing. The recruitment team will be that one. Joe Worrall would have been a much better signing & exactly what we needed with Egan out.

I guess on one hand he built a team that smashed the championship & took the Premiership by surprise initially so there’s some confidence there. He also signed Diaz who’s a good player.

I’m holding on to any hope our luck might change. I don’t see the prince sacking him
The only one that is glad we signed Gbric is Wes. I bet he had to suck a lemon in the dugout last night to keep the smile off his face while thinking " Here, you have some mate"

The only one that is glad we signed Gbric is Wes. I bet he had to suck a lemon in the dugout last night to keep the smile off his face while thinking " Here, you have some mate"

If only we had £20 million to sign a Ramsdale or Dean Henderson. (plus wages)

When Henderson was with us he looked class, though that was with peak Bashham, O'Connell and Egan in front of him.

Since then, less so..

We’ve seen what happens when he gets money to build a team. I’ve got no faith in him being able to put together a competitive side next season.
That's convenient then, because we'll have fuck all money next season to spend so he'll be building a squad on the cheap.

Back
Top Bottom