Wilder Out ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t even think we could stoop to these levels of ineptitude, without a bloody manager in charge …Maybe we should try it.

Doesn't matter who's in charge, some of these players don't have a spine and these results were always coming.

Tactics were off tonight, we should have been 6 at the back and I don't care if we're playing home, away, Wembley or on the moon... everyone knew this Arsenal side were going to play us like a cuckoo clock with such a raucous bumming that we should have just played damage limitations from minute one...

Having said that, give it Chrissy til next season I say! Still has enough credit in the bank for that.

From Chris x

If Wilder had anything to do with bringing Grbic or Holgate in this January, I don’t want him anywhere near the club next summer.

His recuitment when we actually had money and momentum in our last season in the Prem was dire and we’re still paying the price for it now.

All playing the kids will do is expose them to a level they’re not ready for and risk permanently damaging their confidence.
Agree... wilder please fck off..

Just seen his interview, he said the players are hurting, well they ought to be supporters then they'd know what hurt really is, he said he might have to go with the youngsters which means to me either he hasn't got a fucking clue how to change things or the first teamers are rank, or both, after a big defeat he always attempts to rope hecky into the debacle, although hecky is also responsible there's no doubt but he was brought in to change the situation and clearly he hasnt,
The players need to stop hurting and start apologising.

Heckingbottom normalised this sort of abject surrender after Newcastle by shrugging it off, and as a result the players seem to think it’s ok provided we don’t concede 8.

It’s not okay. It’s embarrassing. And there’s nobody at the club to call it out.

As for tactics - what sort of moron selects Norwood against these?

Pointless sacking Wilder now and then bringing someone else in only to see them have the same set of shite to pick from with some players already playing like they know they are out of the door in the summer. You might as well stick with Wilder now and see if he can improve things in the 11 matches we have left. But if an audition.

Either way, I want to see a huge turnover in players in the summer and a big clear out. Whether Wilder remains is still to be seen but ATM I'm indifferent either way. He has picked up a shitty hand of cards this season but he doesn't seem to be getting the best out of what he has. Not conceding 5 plus goals a game every match at BL would be a fucking start.

Oh, and if any United manager ever talks about the team having leaders all over the pitch ... They want to be hung up by the larger of their two testicles from the roof of the south stand. What a crock of shit that was. We don't have a single leader. Maybe Baldock.

Brewster! Chris Wilder signing gone down again in training with a hamstring injury 🤣

Priority is getting a new owner, Sheffield is (slowly & slightly) on the up generally….. May help ???

Need to give Chris 7-10 games in the champ imo, if we’re not up there, get rid.

He has done it before at the lower levels, overall this is still ashit though……Painful season & watching less & less football because of it.

Pointless sacking Wilder now and then bringing someone else in only to see them have the same set of shite to pick from with some players already playing like they know they are out of the door in the summer. You might as well stick with Wilder now and see if he can improve things in the 11 matches we have left. But if an audition.

Either way, I want to see a huge turnover in players in the summer and a big clear out. Whether Wilder remains is still to be seen but ATM I'm indifferent either way. He has picked up a shitty hand of cards this season but he doesn't seem to be getting the best out of what he has. Not conceding 5 plus goals a game every match at BL would be a fucking start.

Oh, and if any United manager ever talks about the team having leaders all over the pitch ... They want to be hung up by the larger of their two testicles from the roof of the south stand. What a crock of shit that was. We don't have a single leader. Maybe Baldock.
Hit the nail on the head there, the absence of leaders. JLT is the only one and Baldock when he came on. Souza should be a leader too given his position, but trust us to sign the only Brazilian who isn't very good at football - that pass 1st half FFS

Hit the nail on the head there, the absence of leaders. JLT is the only one and Baldock when he came on. Souza should be a leader too given his position, but trust us to sign the only Brazilian who isn't very good at football - that pass 1st half FFS
Souza is only here to get another move in the close season. We are a stepping stone for him. He won't be here next season. He's not a leader in any respect.

Having said that, he is not as good as he thinks he is.

Wilder isn't the man for the job.

His tactics with overlapping centre backs was inspired and gave us some great seasons.

Then O'Connell got injured and Wilder didn't have a clue. He then disappeared up his own arsehole and hasn't been seen since.

He's got a squad of shit players, but the spineless bit is down to him. He's not the answer I'm afraid. If he doesn't resign (21 goals against in the last 4 home games should make him offer to do this), then get rid at the end of the season. He isn't the man to lead us next season, he's a one trick pony.

I am just surprised that Wilder hasn't improved us defensively.
The team is shot.

What’s more, there is no Egan, no Basham, no Norrington-Davies, no Lowe, Baldock not fit, Anel apparently not fit.

The at the other end, we have McBurnie and Brereton-Diaz not fit, Brewster injured, Jebbison injured, Archer injured, for what its worth no Slimane.

The tools are simply not there.

This season is a write off and it needs a changing of the guard next season.

No additional hammerings will change this.

“Afterwards, he indicated that his players had not followed his instructions and suggested he would look to the club's younger players for the remainder of their relegation battle.”

He’s come back the same busted flush as he left. Sad but true.

“Afterwards, he indicated that his players had not followed his instructions and suggested he would look to the club's younger players for the remainder of their relegation battle.”

He’s come back the same busted flush as he left. Sad but true.

Makes you wonder what he actually asked Norwood to do, doesn't it?

The weird thing is Chris in his playing days was a good, solid full back who could be useful going forward but first and foremost was properly determined to defend against anyone trying to take liberties down the flank.

But last night he starts the game with 2 guys at full back who have no understanding of how to play the role, never mind play it in the Premier League.

At least we eventually got to see Furious back in his proper berth. And Osborn did the basic thing of feeling responsible for anyone breaking clear down the flank he was defending.

But by then the game was long over.

It’s imperative Wilder is sacked. We need a manager with modern up to date ideas to develop the top youngsters we have.
We need to mentally cleanse ourselves of this debacle of a season, by giving the club a full and thorough colonic irrigation, and flushing out all the human excrement who have been complicit in our total and utter humiliation…Ok, Wilder isn’t human excrement, but he really, really needs to go now…to save our sanity, the clubs reputation and his career.

The weird thing is Chris in his playing days was a good, solid full back who could be useful going forward but first and foremost was properly determined to defend against anyone trying to take liberties down the flank.

But last night he starts the game with 2 guys at full back who have no understanding of how to play the role, never mind play it in the Premier League.

At least we eventually got to see Furious back in his proper berth. And Osborn did the basic thing of feeling responsible for anyone breaking clear down the flank he was defending.

But by then the game was long over.
Was about to say Bogle and Trusty as full backs must be the worst pair since..... Well Bogle and Larouchi, Bogle and Lowe....

Seriously, the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome ...

Bogle is a liability. Anel is a liability. Trusty is a liability. Robinson is a liability. To keep picking them and expecting them to be anything else is just plain insanity.

Was about to say Bogle and Trusty as full backs must be the worst pair since..... Well Bogle and Larouchi, Bogle and Lowe....

Seriously, the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome ...

Bogle is a liability. Anel is a liability. Trusty is a liability. Robinson is a liability. To keep picking them and expecting them to be anything else is just plain insanity.
Totally agree Rog, but who else is there to pick after the car crash of a ‘recruitment strategy’ we’ve employed over the past 3-4 seasons. Total clear out required, even if we don’t go up next season.

Totally agree Rog, but who else is there to pick after the car crash of a ‘recruitment strategy’ we’ve employed over the past 3-4 seasons. Total clear out required, even if we don’t go up next season.
Go up next season ? Seriously. We won’t be anywhere near next season. We are a fucking ship wreck sinking fast. It’s simple unless we are bought quickly we are fucked. And I can’t see anybody buying us knowing what investment in the squad alone is going to take never mind the buying of the actual club. We had a chance to be Yorkshires top club for along long time AGAIN and we’ve royally fucked it up AGAIN

My mate came along last night who's a part time fan and was asking why we hadn't spent any money....

Had to explain to him we had, but had spunked it on utter dross so we're having to play Osula, Osborn and Arblaster because having spent money on the likes of Traore, Slimane, Larouchi, Trusty, they're no better than the kids we've already got here!

Wilder has had 4 months and a transfer window to get them organised and playing in a system. Anyone saying 'Pep couldn't get this lot playing' is completely fucking deluded. Villa, Brighton and Arsenal at home, anyone with half a braincell could see the starting XI's were complete wrong....

My mate came along last night who's a part time fan and was asking why we hadn't spent any money....

Had to explain to him we had, but had spunked it on utter dross so we're having to play Osula, Osborn and Arblaster because having spent money on the likes of Traore, Slimane, Larouchi, Trusty, they're no better than the kids we've already got here!

Wilder has had 4 months and a transfer window to get them organised and playing in a system. Anyone saying 'Pep couldn't get this lot playing' is completely fucking deluded. Villa, Brighton and Arsenal at home, anyone with half a braincell could see the starting XI's were complete wrong....
The dross signings this season were a result of even worse dross signings we made last time around, namely Moussett, Brewster, McBurnie, Berge.

Those signings were a severe act of irresponsibility and we end up rewarding the guy that made them.

It needs a wrecking ball taking to it, but where's the money coming from to do that 😢? I looked at the lineups on Flash Scores before kick off and there were around ten Blades out ( two Arsenal). It sums the club up. We can't even do the basics of having 20+ professional athletes fit and available. Hamer looks like he lives on kebabs. Honking.

My two penneth....

So back in the league one days we were the big club, we had the better squad and a lot of teams came to us to play out a draw. In successive seasons we struggled to break teams down and failed in promotion bids. Wilder came along and stumbled onto a set of players that although having limitations were perfect for the overlapping fullback system (JOC, Bash, Coutts, Duffy etc al).

Playing the possession based build up style got us up to the championship and then that and a bit of momentum got us up to the premier. Once there the novelty of our tactics and the hubris of the big clubs not preparing to play us gave us the half a season of results that got us the 9th place. COVID or no COVID we got found out second half of that season and it became apparent that tactically Wilder was lacking. He went on to other clubs and it became apparent that he had a moment with us that in most probability was not going to happen again elsewhere.

We should have been looking at a change of style the season we came down from the premier the first time but the management of the club seems to want to do everything with the least financial outlay possible hence hecky and the continuation of the same tactics. We got promotion again by having individuals who could carry the team at championship level.

For me, bringing wilder back was the cheap uninspired option. It is done now so just see the season out but bringing someone new in for next season and changing styles (counter attacking or kick it to the big lad) over 2-3 transfer windows would be the smart move. Can't see it happening under current ownership though as I think we are in a spend as little as possible and hope for a buyer type situation.

Sorry for super long post.

It needs a wrecking ball taking to it, but where's the money coming from to do that 😢? I looked at the lineups on Flash Scores before kick off and there were around ten Blades out ( two Arsenal). It sums the club up. We can't even do the basics of having 20+ professional athletes fit and available. Hamer looks like he lives on kebabs. Honking.
Every Arsenal player was 6ft+, moved with speed, agility, could play with both feet...

We had Osborn, Hamer who looked like kids/dwarves in a mans world, McBurnie who can't play with either foot and our entire defence despite being big were man handled like a rohypnolled girl at a Bill Cosby house party ..

Back
Top Bottom