CONFIRMED Wilder Confirmed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He beat him to the job simple.

If they interviewed somebody else as well, can't imagine it would have been a secret. The name maybe , if it was someone currently in a job, but not the fact that they are interviewing candidates?

I didn't want CW to leave last time around, I wanted him to be a leader, and if the team is getting relegated, stand with the lads and go down fighting.

He didn't do that, and it left a sour taste for many.

Hecky is a nice bloke and I hope his pay off is decent, but it was clear from last weeks game that a line had been crossed that there was no coming back from.

We can only hope that Wilder, Knill, Prestridge and co., have been watching our games closely and coming to conclusions on formations and who should be playing where, and who should be on the bench.

To "hit the ground running" meant only one person could be considered.

We need to get behind the team and the manager and just enjoy it while we can.

If by some incredible miracle, CW keeps us up, it will be the most memorable season of all time (or a big contender).

If we get relegated, then it is sort of fitting, that Chris Wilder comes down with us, as he should have done previously.

Up the f**king Blades, let's make Bramall Lane a fortress again, tomorrow night.

I think it's a bit embarassing really. We know we're going down, we just want to attempt to be competitive while doing it.

There's a bit of rewriting of history with Wilders last 3/4 season. We weren't competitive in those games. We barely ever looked like scoring (16 goals in 28 games), and as soon as it was 1-0 to the opposing team, it was game over.

This just shows the limits of our ambition.

Tinpot. Village.

Last edited:
I’ve been dead against sacking Heckingbottom to bring Wilder back in, but you know what… fuck it.

We’re almost certainly going down this season regardless of who we brought in. But the man who dragged this club from the bottom of division 3 to the top table in English football, on a journey none of us are likely to see ever again, is back. Let’s spend the rest of the season having a fucking party in the stands. Home and away, noisy as fuck, that 2019 no surrender spirit all over again - starting tomorrow night.

UTB

Exactly

I didn’t want him back and I don’t want him back, but I’m also grown up enough to understand that the club don’t give a fuck about my opinions on recruitment, and now he is back, I’m backing him 100%.

Starting tomorrow night I’ll be screaming my lungs out.

🎵 We’re on the march with Wilders army 🎵

you can only support what your'e given. UTB

I didn't want CW to leave last time around, I wanted him to be a leader, and if the team is getting relegated, stand with the lads and go down fighting.

He didn't do that, and it left a sour taste for many.

Hecky is a nice bloke and I hope his pay off is decent, but it was clear from last weeks game that a line had been crossed that there was no coming back from.

We can only hope that Wilder, Knill, Prestridge and co., have been watching our games closely and coming to conclusions on formations and who should be playing where, and who should be on the bench.

To "hit the ground running" meant only one person could be considered.

We need to get behind the team and the manager and just enjoy it while we can.

If by some incredible miracle, CW keeps us up, it will be the most memorable season of all time (or a big contender).

If we get relegated, then it is sort of fitting, that Chris Wilder comes down with us, as he should have done previously.

Up the f**king Blades, let's make Bramall Lane a fortress again, tomorrow night.

He,s really on a winner innit it?

We go down - not his fault- Early season results did fir us.

We stay up- He is the new Messiah,

If they interviewed somebody else as well, can't imagine it would have been a secret. The name maybe , if it was someone currently in a job, but not the fact that they are interviewing candidates?
You would be surprised how many interviews remain a secret and never come out. Quite plausible that talks were had with other potential candidates.

Wilder is in quite a fortunate position
1) he would never get a premier league team unless he brought one up from the championship
2) he knows the club top to bottom, he'd never get that anywhere else
3) sadly there are no more must win games left, we all know we're going down, so all he has to do is make the team more competitive, but it would be in this bastard clubs nature for us to go on a run, giving us all hope before getting relegated on the last day on goal difference
Wilder is on the brink of having a statue in the car park or his memory buried beneath it

Last edited:
It's a bit of mixed feelings on this one. Hecky was out of his depth. Not sure how the rest of the season will go. Obviously we will be more organised but still losing matches. How will he and the players feel at the end of the season.
Bringing in Wilder now and getting relegated could mean it's difficult to refresh the team and attitude for a promotion push. Hence I was hoping for a stop gap appointment.

Does this appointment mean that we are not for sale? Alot of unknowns about our club.
UTB

I'm not keen on 'going back' but I'm beginning to feel a little optimistic about tomorrow and quite looking forward to it.

If Klopp's crooked smile has been wiped off his face at 9.20 tomorrow evening and he's throwing a tantrum, that will be the icing on the cake.

Maybe wishful thinking ;)

Lg 1 here we come. What a fucking awful appointment

By far the best candidate of an incredibly bad list of options.
Ideally we'd have splashed the cash and gone for someone better but looks like we're financial lacking....so had to pick the cheaper option.
Also Wilder has a fantastic record of turning average players into a highly performing team, it's when there's pressure and expectation he struggles. We all expect our team to be relegated, so he might surprise us all again and perform another miracle.

Nothing to lose really ....we were going down anyway..... probably on record low points.
At least we're guaranteed to see an improvement.....still likely go down but at least we go down fighting...thats all most fans wanted.

Last edited:
Straight away CW was blaming Covid for our relegation I see, just admit you couldn't change style or formation, take a bit of responsibility for your last season shitshow before you walked away counting the cash.
I support Sheffield United not Chris Wilder 🐍
The problem, he MUST address is scoring goals. We only did so well in year 1 because our defence was good. In year 2 goals for was bollocks too and in the Sky interview at 1330 he said again we were in all the games in that 2nd season. Well we may have been but it is scoring that is/was the problem.

Surprised he's not been back to watch us since he departed.

Apart from the drubbing his Middleboro side took

The problem, he MUST address is scoring goals. We only did so well in year 1 because our defence was good. In year 2 goals for was bollocks too and in the Sky interview at 1330 he said again we were in all the games in that 2nd season. Well we may have been but it is scoring that is/was the problem.
What options has he got apart from Archer and Osula two kids, I don't want to dampen peoples optimism but he has now got the same hand of cards dealt out to Hecky. It will be interesting to see if he has learnt anything and can change from 3-5-2 with Norwood and Fleck in midfield.

It's a bit of mixed feelings on this one. Hecky was out of his depth. Not sure how the rest of the season will go. Obviously we will be more organised but still losing matches. How will he and the players feel at the end of the season.
Bringing in Wilder now and getting relegated could mean it's difficult to refresh the team and attitude for a promotion push. Hence I was hoping for a stop gap appointment.
He might well be a stop gap appointment. I think that’ll depend on the next 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom