CONFIRMED Wilder Confirmed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was against him coming back but you know this is what you will get from him.

I am still sceptical about his re-appointment. I really hated the way he left and he should have gone down with his ship. That said his interview helped repair that a smidge but results and performances will speak louder than words.

I wonder if this is why his teams are light on foreigners. Easier to motivate the players if they know and understand your patter

I wonder if this is why his teams are light on foreigners. Easier to motivate the players if they know and understand your patter

Maybe there is a bit of that but he still signed Moose and got a tune out of him before he found the all you can eat buffet.

I have been very sceptical about him coming back but he is back now so we need to get behind him.
Undoubtedly he made mistakes but it’s pointless clinging onto that now.
Really impressed with the Keith Andrews appointment, he always speaks well when I’ve seen him on the tv, was a really underrated player and is one of those you can see being a top manager (I could be hugely wrong).
Anyway…. Some optimism back, some enthusiasm back and hopefully some attacking spirit back.

I think it's a bit embarassing really. We know we're going down, we just want to attempt to be competitive while doing it.

There's a bit of rewriting of history with Wilders last 3/4 season. We weren't competitive in those games. We barely ever looked like scoring (16 goals in 28 games), and as soon as it was 1-0 to the opposing team, it was game over.

This just shows the limits of our ambition.

Tinpot. Village.
You make a good point in that as soon as we went one down you could see the other team revert to second gear and know they’d win. CW made a lot about only losing by the odd goal so often but our lack of threat was so obvious and somehow disregarded. That irritated me, as did Hecky saying our running stats would be good but not recognising we were chasing shadows whilst clocking up those 10k running stats.

Our squad is threadbare and injuries are against us but we should still be able to fashion a pattern of play and treat every game like a cup tie. If we do I’ll kind of be happy with that improvement alone.

The Wilder appointment is a classic example of panem et circenses.

Though I am glad Heckingbottom has gone. He should have been fired after the Newcastle debacle.

The Wilder appointment is a classic example of panem et circenses.

Though I am glad Heckingbottom has gone. He should have been fired after the Newcastle debacle.

Don't come here with your fancy French talk!

She’s lucky. If they’d picked it a week from now it would have been Chris the Redeemer.

Back
Top Bottom