CONFIRMED Wilder Confirmed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ve been dead against sacking Heckingbottom to bring Wilder back in, but you know what… fuck it.

We’re almost certainly going down this season regardless of who we brought in. But the man who dragged this club from the bottom of division 3 to the top table in English football, on a journey none of us are likely to see ever again, is back. Let’s spend the rest of the season having a fucking party in the stands. Home and away, noisy as fuck, that 2019 no surrender spirit all over again - starting tomorrow night.

UTB

I’m in favour of Wilder’s return purely because Hecky and the players were drowning. But I’m disappointed by Wilder’s return interview here. For me, he showed a lack of humility and accountability over what happened previously, the role he played in that disastrous run leading to our relegation and his departure.

Yes, the past is in the past and we’ve got to unite to stand any chance of moving forward, but I was hoping to see a more reflective and considered version of Wilder second time around. Unless he’s genuinely learned lessons from before, collectively we’re all fucked.

He seems to hint that what happened at the end of his previous tenure was a mistake. I think at the time he was mentally shot, we were in a hopeless position and at the time I thought he should have been told to have time off and come back refreshed for the Championship. - if he hadn't had such a successful time previously I wouldn't have thought that.
I've always thought 'never go back' but in this case I just hope it works out
"But weer's munneh gone??"

He acknowledges that mistakes were made. I think that's all he can go into without taking the focus on the current job in front of him. I think he nailed the interview, personally.

Didn't think I'd feel it but it does feel good to have him back. The club makes sense again - it just feels nice having someone in the job who seems as passionate as I am about the place.

I think his mental health was fucked towards the end of his last spell with us. I think it was compounded by there being no direct interaction with the crowd too, which I can only imagine will have made things much, much harder. At least with crowds in he'd have some direct feedback. I imagine it building up in my head a lot more if I didn't have that. I think finishing 9th the season before made it much more cruel too. Different this time, as the expectation is that we're already down, so he's nowt to lose.

Let's fucking go!

Both managers have given us success. It's a short-term memory game this one. A few years ago Wilder was god. Both managers couldn't cope with the prem (with the current club set up). So much stuff we don't see or hear. If asked about the best times watching games, Bassett, Warnock and Wilder would be my top 3 in my lifetime (not ness in order).

The way I see it, we're down this season, but a change was needed to see if anyone can do any better, it literally couldn't be any worse. Avoiding complete humiliation will do me, along with not being called 'Sheffield'. We hold so many records and have such a long history, don't want to be the worst side ever in the top league (although I read earlier the first 10 games was the worst star ever since the prem, but stats pick and choose! haha)

I'll continue to watch from the other side of the world in hope. UTB!

Personally I’m against this appointment. I don’t like how he left us last time and the system he created was inherited by Hecky, so we may just see more of the same.

BUT…

It’s happened now and we can’t change it. If he can inject some energy and belief back into us he’ll win the fans around.

Well, dunno can he (or anyone) keep us up, but atleast there is some changes (I really hope there is)..
Maybe Brewster will get his time in the spotlight

Sorry. Seriously? After all these years? All the injuries. The lack of goals. The opinions of those who have played that he simply doesn’t know the role? He was, is and will still be a waste of money.

Was it ever confirmed he walked out on united, I've read regularly but never heard it officially,was it a case of if enough people say it over a period of time it feels true?
I'm not saying he did or not ,can someone confirm it is true or did he get the sack first?
In the return interview he stated Middlesbrough was the fist place he got dismissed in his career.

"Surreal" pretty much sums it up.

I didn't think we would see him back here for a few more years at least, and I wasn't keen, but now he is here we all need to get behind him again. I am glad that Knill and Prestridge are back with him, and Keith Andrews seems like a decent appointment too.

Let's hope he can bring the good time back. UTB
I agree no good pre judging ,lets get behind them on wednesday and give him a chance and the players a chance. It's a lot to ask for a good result but I shall be looking for a new attitude from the players and for the guys to play more on the front foot rather than back pedaling and inviting them on to us .

I’ve been dead against sacking Heckingbottom to bring Wilder back in, but you know what… fuck it.

We’re almost certainly going down this season regardless of who we brought in. But the man who dragged this club from the bottom of division 3 to the top table in English football, on a journey none of us are likely to see ever again, is back. Let’s spend the rest of the season having a fucking party in the stands. Home and away, noisy as fuck, that 2019 no surrender spirit all over again - starting tomorrow night.

UTB
Spot on mate

We definately need to remember where we are points wise, and the quality gap that exists in this division, and that relegation is still an incredible possibility but he has to have hope, taking it a game at a time, we all get that, just like it wasn't heckys fault last time, it's not wilders fault this time..

All we've brought in Is fight at this point, chest beating, let's get fans something to be up for and give the opposition a run for their money etc..

Wilder coming in just means you won't watch them give up now, which they've been allowed to do under Heckingbottom, he's sleepwalked to the sack being too nice to the players when they've took the piss, and gave up.

We start with "fight" it's a good place to start, probably the only place to start but let's not have too many expectations about staying up, I really want to see him come down with us and stick to it like he should have last time, then lead us back, that's the unfinished bussiness that he needs to sort out, get off the canvas, dust himself down, win the league next season, we know he's capable of it**

He's back now, so he has got to be supported, personal opinions to one side, fresh start from me..

** I think it's all over bar the yellow R, we don't have the quality, that won't be changing anytime soon by the looks of it.

I'm not comfortable with the prospect of going back to an ex , but realistically he was our only option.
If this was going to happen it should have been before the last two games.
I hope it means he's got some scope to improve the squad in January.
Send Larouci & Thomas back.
Try and sell Traore (no idea why he was signed).
Get some muscular athletes in - we can't do the promised "outfighting our opponents" with small slow weak players.
Give Slimane a chance.
Put a rocket up Souza.
Play Hamer in his best position.
Never play Archer as lone striker.
Nightmare is he reverts to Norwood Fleck & Osborn for old times sake which won't work.
Intrigued to discover if he'll stick to 532 when his WBs can't attack , never mind his CBs.
Currently we have no clue when in possession - I hope he's got a plan for how to progress up the pitch through midfield.
Every single player needs to be quicker in both thought & deed - can he make them ?

My head is all over the place, I've been arguing with myself all morning, he shouldn't come back, yes he should, I think it's going to ba disaster, I've a feeling it's going to be great, the performances aren't going to alter, yes they are.
The arguing is getting quite nasty now, I think I'm going to give myself a good hiding soon

The positives

He wants to play positive , front foot footbal, and not passing back or sideways all the time
jebbo & Brewster could be back

I still think Osbourne ( Duracell Bunnie ) & Osula can make an impact.

Question

Whatever happened to Arblaster & Seriki

Hope Bogle, Baldock , and Lowe are fit enough

As much as I think Norwood was great in the Championship, he is a bit of a spare part / liability in the Prem

Utter dreadful and a shambles of a appointment. He got lot of making to do. He is lucky to be in Premier league again. I can't believe his luck.

You said on another thread you was ITK and we were gonna get somebody else. Care to reveal more now?

The positives

He wants to play positive , front foot footbal, and not passing back or sideways all the time
jebbo & Brewster could be back

I still think Osbourne ( Duracell Bunnie ) & Osula can make an impact.

Question

Whatever happened to Arblaster & Seriki

Hope Bogle, Baldock , and Lowe are fit enough

As much as I think Norwood was great in the Championship, he is a bit of a spare part / liability in the Prem
Will he drop his old recruits like Norwood ?
If he plays them all , we'll make no progress.
Will he get Arblaster & Seriki & other youngsters playing ?
I think he's less inclined to blood youth than Hecky.
Hopefully the 18m contract will mean that he keeps an eye on the shape of the squad next summer.
Hopefully no more Rodwells & Morrisons.

Warnock “you’ve got to fuckin’ die to get three points!”
Wilder “you’ve got to stick your fucking bottom lip out to get a big payoff!”

I was in the 'keep Hecky' camp before the last couple of performances. But the nature of our defeats v Bournemouth and Burnley convinced me that for one reason or another Hecky wasn't able to get the best out of this team. Been a big fan of his up to this point. He worked wonders during his two seasons in the Championship, and we owe him a lot.

Wilder is by far the best man to replace him, and he'll definitely hit the ground running. He knows most of the squad, he knows the club and he knows the fans. He's a passionate Blade, and winning means everything to him.

I expect us to lose by a few goals tomorrow, and we might not see any improvement in results until after the JTW. We are likely to be relegated, but we'll definitely go down fighting under CW. I can't understand the people who are slagging him off. Just fucking get behind him and the team.

Remember it was the same when Warnock left. A lot of people claimed he walked out on us and there was a lot of vitriol spouted. Over time though, most people came to appreciate what he did for the club and many would have welcomed him back. Same applies to Wilder. People are claiming he left us in the lurch and trousered 3m or 4m but this has never been confirmed. Like Warnock's departure, Wilder's was controversial and the accompanying rumours led to a lot of people holding grudges. I don't. Forget what happened in the past. Get behind the manager and the team, and let's enjoy the ride.

Every game is pretty much a cup final now. Not just Liverpool.
He never should have gone last time. The majority of the fans were prepared to let him stay on and get us back up. Hell even a few (me included) maybe giving him gardening leave for 6 months to get his head straight again. And come back refreshed. But his departure left a sour taste. But that's in past. Short term we need to start picking up some points and getting players fit again. Get some smiles around the place and lift some of the pressure!!

Jan we finally need a JOC replacement. And a true box to box midfielder with a good engine. Could VJ fulfil that role?

Get a grip some of you..

I wasn't all for Wilder to come back BUT I feel better about it now. It CANT get worse than losing 5-0 at fucking Burnley!

Yes that second PL covid season was just as bad but I don't remember having 8/5 nil losses. The players recently have been an embarrassment, least with CW he'll kick some heads together like we all would ourselves!

Back the lads at the matches and stop crying on a forum.

Back
Top Bottom