CONFIRMED Wilder Confirmed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nothing to lose really ....we were going down anyway..... probably on record low points.
At least we're guaranteed to see an improvement.....still likely go down but at least we go down fighting...thats all most fans wanted.

THIS ^

Welcome back Chris, best Blades manager in my lifetime and he gave us the best seasons of success, passion and pride.

Reminder Wilder did win the LMA award with us, voted by fellow professional managers (and breaking up the Pep and Klopp runs) so it’s not (just) Bladey Bladeness that made his well deserved reputation (at the time). What a glorious time that was, he turned around the club completely and we would not be in the top flight now without him, and he did it in spite of, not because of, the ownership. How easily it all seems forgotten.

We’re going down anyway, it may not work out this time, but it seems the best if not only possible decision given where we are and with the owner we have. If he pulled off (another) miracle and kept us up then I’m sure those having a go would have another lapse of memory and sing his name again.

Hecky has done well and can hold his head high at the Lane; he is an intelligent, dignified and likeable bloke, but it had become untenable and I’m sure he knows that.

A bit more of a spring in the step for tomorrow now… I’d take a hard fought defeat as a step in the right direction.

I think it's a bit embarassing really. We know we're going down, we just want to attempt to be competitive while doing it.

There's a bit of rewriting of history with Wilders last 3/4 season. We weren't competitive in those games. We barely ever looked like scoring (16 goals in 28 games), and as soon as it was 1-0 to the opposing team, it was game over.

This just shows the limits of our ambition.

Tinpot. Village.
I guess he just got lucky for the first 4 seasons ?

Missed all of this as was working somewhere with no signal or WiFi.

Honestly not sure what to make of this.

All I know is I'm massively angry that my bet for Alan Curbishley didn't come through.

Next time!

All Blade Fans give Chris Wilder a great welcome Back get behind him and make Bramall Lane a fortress again. If it weren't for him we would not have got in the Premier League in the first place.at least the players will perform much better and know what they are doing. Liverpool are a very good side and it will be tough. but at least our players will not Give Liverpool an easy ride. I will be at Bramall Lane tomorrow back row of the kop. UP THE BLADES.

I'm not keen on 'going back' but I'm beginning to feel a little optimistic about tomorrow and quite looking forward to it.

If Klopp's crooked smile has been wiped off his face at 9.20 tomorrow evening and he's throwing a tantrum, that will be the icing on the cake.

Maybe wishful thinking ;)
Not a prayer it will all be over by half time Klopp will be smiling and Wilder will be whinging nailed on.

All Blade Fans give Chris Wilder a great welcome Back get behind him and make Bramall Lane a fortress again. If it weren't for him we would not have got in the Premier League in the first place.at least the players will perform much better and know what they are doing. Liverpool are a very good side and it will be tough. but at least our players will not Give Liverpool an easy ride. I will be at Bramall Lane tomorrow back row of the kop. UP THE BLADES.
Sorry count me out, just can not bring myself to welcome him back...
What makes you think the players will perform much better ? He didn't seem to be able to get Middlesbrough or Watford players performing.

Straight away CW was blaming Covid for our relegation I see, just admit you couldn't change style or formation, take a bit of responsibility for your last season shitshow before you walked away counting the cash.
I support Sheffield United not Chris Wilder 🐍
He brought that up to highlight the importance of the fans.
He's wrong though, because 25,000 fans like you and we'd go into liquidation.

I guess he just got lucky for the first 4 seasons ?
I’ve always said taking a club from bottom of league 1 to 6th in the PL 6 points behind a 4th place Champions league spot…whilst having a game in hand

Is a more difficult achievement and bigger miracle than Leicester City winning the Premier League.

Cheltenham. Town are currently bottom of league 1, imagine someone going there and after 4 years having Cheltenham challenging for a Champions League spot going away to Arsenal and Spurs and being the better more skillful team. Doesn’t seem possible.

Players looks happy in the training ground video.

Let me get this straight. He does now want a relegation on his CV?

Love this, you can just imagine Souza going "Summat? What does summat mean?"

I was against him coming back but you know this is what you will get from him.

I am still sceptical about his re-appointment. I really hated the way he left and he should have gone down with his ship. That said his interview helped repair that a smidge but results and performances will speak louder than words.

Back
Top Bottom