2022/2023 Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United - 29th October 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1666642251531.png vs. 1666642260150.png

Championship Week 18 - Saturday 29th October 2022 - 12:30 - The Hawthornes
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.622/

Officials:

Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1666642171967.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 21.10.02.png

Been rubbish since we scored 2nd
West Brom had to try and get back into the game so going to have a large chunk of possession, imperative we get to half time without conceding.

If they are fit I agree

Ndaiye cramps up most games around the 60 minute mark, play him 90 mins 3 times a week he'll get injured
Oh I thought you meant Doyle and McB. Ndiaye didn’t start for tactical reasons in the last game. Not sure why people are thinking tactical reasons are a thing of the past and it is now purely 100% down to “resting” players.

Much better 1st half performance than last few games even though Baggies have been useless. Only blow Anel getting that yellow card for silly foul means he will miss next Tuesday trip to Ashton Gate.

McB has been outstanding this half.

Agree….their defence are struggling to handle McBurnie and N’Diaye.

Regards the match…..it’s almost been too easy.
I’ve seen WBA on Sky before this season and they’ve always looked a good team, they create plenty of chances but can’t score.
However today they’ve been really flat as though confidence has gone.

We’re coasting and don’t look in any trouble
but we need to wake up and prepare ourselves for WBA to show some passion and be fired up 2nd half.
If WBA score a goal then they could repeat what we did to Norwich last week.
I’d have taken a point before kick off but when you’re 2-0 up at half-time you should be gaining all 3 points….and boy do we need the points,

Great first half, need to cope with their threats from set pieces. What a defensive performance by Mcburnie so far!

Good tough half so far. Took our chances well. Front two doing a lot of good work at both ends. Bit heart in mouth at times at the back. Few times defenders have been pulled out of position quite badly. Fleck need to cover Osborn much better. Needs much better energy levels. I thought Osborn has done pretty good considering everything is targeting him. Bit of a worry Anel being booked and can someone show him how to take a throw! CBs need to keep their heads.

Next goal is obviously crucial. Need to defend stoutly for the first 10-15 minutes as I expect to be under the cosh.

If we've still got a cushion with 10 minutes to go heckingbottom has to take either anel or basham off and give Robinson a run out, considering that he probably will be starting against Bristol now that anel is banned

Not a big enough lead for me, we should have scored a couple more before our players got too tired after about 25 minutes, bless 'em.

Good tough half so far. Took our chances well. Front two doing a lot of good work at both ends. Bit heart in mouth at times at the back. Few times defenders have been pulled out of position quite badly. Fleck need to cover Osborn much better. Needs much better energy levels. I thought Osborn has done pretty good considering everything is targeting him. Bit of a worry Anel being booked and can someone show him how to take a throw! CBs need to keep their heads.

Next goal is obviously crucial. Need to defend stoutly for the first 10-15 minutes as I expect to be under the cosh.
We're giving them too many set pieces, if we carry on they'll score.
We need to get control back of the game

Davies distribution is non existent, but I suppose if it's not in his locker get shut, but at least get shut that gives runners a chance

Doyle is a pain in their midfield..wish Fleck was too
Fleck is a passenger

Much as I have loved him and am great full for all he has done his time in this team as a starter is over

Offers nowt now

Back
Top Bottom