2022/2023 Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United - 29th October 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1666642251531.png vs. 1666642260150.png

Championship Week 18 - Saturday 29th October 2022 - 12:30 - The Hawthornes
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.622/

Officials:

Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1666642171967.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 21.10.02.png

Always a great away day. Except at this time of day

They have the new manager bounce to get crowd behind them.Should be a good test of character.

Need to use McBurnie the bounce killer then..

Real toughie now this one.

I'd go with the majority of the team that finished the game from last week...

Davies

Baldock - Anel - Egan - Basham - Osborn

Norwood - Doyle

Ndiaye

McB - Brewster

We need to go at them from the off with the same tenacity, pace and aggression as the 2nd half of last week. Have a real good go at them from the first whistle and try to get that early goal. If we score first our confidence will grow - if they score first, I can see us losing by a few.

UTMB

Real toughie now this one.

I'd go with the majority of the team that finished the game from last week...

Davies

Norwood - Doyle

Ndiaye

McB - Brewster

We need to go at them from the off with the same tenacity, pace and aggression as the 2nd half of last week. Have a real good go at them from the first whistle and try to get that early goal. If we score first our confidence will grow - if they score first, I can see us losing by a few.

UTMB
I'd probably go with that, maybe swap JLT for Bash if he's deemed fit enough.
Definitely start N'Diaye, Brewster and McB with Billy to come on to shithouse when we are 2-0 up.

Going to be a difficult one. They have a very good team and they've got the new manager bounce.

The likes of Swift and Wallace always seem to cause us problems.

Happy with a draw from this.

I'd go:

-----------------Davies

--------Doyle----Norwood-----Fleck

-------------McB --- Ndiaye

JLT hasn't played any senior competitive minutes since last season. Seems to me a bit of a push to throw him in.

Last game they played Wallace, Grant and Swift upfront. JLT is not the best against pace or trickery (then again, neither is Bash). Seems a bit of a risk to chuck him in.

In the same vein, I think we need 3 in midfield to offer some protection to the defence. We risk getting overrun otherwise.

On the other hand, I think Ndiaye can cause their CBs a lot of problems. McBurnie needs to be up for it though.

The only way JLT is going to get match time is by playing. If Basham was tearing it up and we were winning games I might say no but given Bashams form I don't think we have anything to lose.

We need a LCB who is left footed to give us balance plus we get his long throw. No brainer for me.

The only way JLT is going to get match time is by playing. If Basham was tearing it up and we were winning games I might say no but given Bashams form I don't think we have anything to lose.

We need a LCB who is left footed to give us balance plus we get his long throw. No brainer for me.
True, but if he starts today and drops a bollock and we lose, are fans going to understand he needs match time to get match fit? Or just castigate the player and manager for picking him?

It's whether you chuck him in and accept he'll likely be crap for a game or two (and it's the WC very shortly) or bring him off the bench and try and get him U-21 minutes.

I'd bring him on in the 80th to help us protect our 3-0 lead

Back
Top Bottom