2022/2023 Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United - 29th October 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1666642251531.png vs. 1666642260150.png

Championship Week 18 - Saturday 29th October 2022 - 12:30 - The Hawthornes
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.622/

Officials:

Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1666642171967.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 21.10.02.png

What is JLT? Justin Lee Thomas?

Going to be a difficult one. They have a very good team and they've got the new manager bounce.

The likes of Swift and Wallace always seem to cause us problems.

Happy with a draw from this.

I'd go:

-----------------Davies

Baldock - Anel - Egan - Basham - Osborn

--------Doyle----Norwood-----Fleck

-------------McB --- Ndiaye

JLT hasn't played any senior competitive minutes since last season. Seems to me a bit of a push to throw him in.

Last game they played Wallace, Grant and Swift upfront. JLT is not the best against pace or trickery (then again, neither is Bash). Seems a bit of a risk to chuck him in.

In the same vein, I think we need 3 in midfield to offer some protection to the defence. We risk getting overrun otherwise.

On the other hand, I think Ndiaye can cause their CBs a lot of problems. McBurnie needs to be up for it though.

New manager yes, but have they got a bounce yet?

True, but if he starts today and drops a bollock and we lose, are fans going to understand he needs match time to get match fit? Or just castigate the player and manager for picking him?

It's whether you chuck him in and accept he'll likely be crap for a game or two (and it's the WC very shortly) or bring him off the bench and try and get him U-21 minutes.
I think reasonable fans give him time. Basham is dropping a bollock every game and offers nothing going forward down the left.

this going to be tough today, West Brom at hawthorns always is. as it is the case this season with the new manager bounce im expecting us to play the best version of that team & not a team indictive of their league position at the bottom of the league, like Luton, Stoke, Birmingham, Blackpool, i always worry recently because its rarely dull watching us recently 15 goals in the last 4 games, but we need the defence to return to form we cant continue to be trying to win games 4-3, hopefully for the 1st time in a while WBA might come to play actual football instead of auditioning for casualty

No matter form or league position wba are always a tough lot. Hopefully they haven't had time to bed in a style of play with new gaffer and play a bit disjointed. I'll be happy with a scrappy one nil.

Probably a draw today l reckon, which is obviously a disgusting result for a team who should be 46 points clear at the top of the league, followed by calls for hecky to be sacked and replaced with Fabrizio Ravanelli etc

Happy with the team, although I'd go with JLT over Basham right now.

I would love to be proved wrong and see John Fleck contribute positively.

I realise we're very short of attscking midfield options without Berge and with McAtee and Brewster not up to it for whatever reason, the shape is almost forced into a 'flat' midfield 3.

Last edited:
Can’t grumble with that team at the minute.

Come on Blades continue that second half performed from last weekend.

Liking this line up. Time to lump on for a win!
Done....

WBA have good players in their line up. Wallace, Grant, Livermore, Phillips and Diagona

There is plenty of evidence building over recent weeks to indicate that Egan and Basham are a liability in the same defence, given that their powers are diminishing.

Similarly, Norwood and Fleck in the same team makes for a horribly slow and immobile midfield.

Too many players are being selected on the basis of their names and great deeds of the past.

There is plenty of evidence building over recent weeks to indicate that Egan and Basham are a liability in the same defence, given that their powers are diminishing.

Similarly, Norwood and Fleck in the same team makes for a horribly slow and immobile midfield.

Too many players are being selected on the basis of their names and great deeds of the past.
Have you been tapped up for a vip guest spot on Shoutbox yet?

Hoping they dont get the new gaffer boost and pull one out!
COYRAWW!
3 points would defo not go a miss today!!

Back
Top Bottom