Wes.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's a nice height and not too far away or hard and the Liverpool strip looks well gay.

thats because our defence were too scared to pass forward. & so kept taking the easy option of passing back to goalkeeper

Fair point, but that is on the occasion he plays it to a full back....and the opposition know all they have to do is press and it will go back to Wes to kick long......rinse and repeat. What about when he collects a ball and doesn't release it quickly, bounces it a few times, picks it up, bounces it a few more....waits....signals to Oli Mac that it's coming his way....waits until their defenders are settled and ready and hoooooooof.......Oli Mac may win the header but the opposition are soon on the attack again..

A better keeper with more skill, confidence and quick decision making instantly installs confidence in his back 4/5 and allows playing out from the back to be more achievable.

The defensive/keeper set up should operate as a unit, we don't come close to achieving that.

Arguable that Villa plus at least the second against Luton were at least partly his fault.

Our defence obviously has zero confidence in Wes, you can tell that just by watching how deep they defend.....no Premier League team should constantly have to retreat to their 6 yard box to defend.

It's not just that, his decision making and distribution are woefully slow and poor, how many times have we seen someone in acres of space yet Wes fannies about until the opposition are back in position then boots long to Oli Mac only for us to be under pressure again within seconds.

Just not anywhere near good enough, simple as that.

He was pissing me off against Luton. At 3-2 he was acting as if we were the ones that were ahead and slowing the game down.

Silly mistakes aside, he's simply not good enough with his feet. If our defenders can't go back to the keeper and have him comfortably retain possession, perhaps out to the other wing back, then we're essentially playing with one player down compared to the majority of the division. There's also the confidence issue that others have highlighted. If our centre backs have even a moment's hesitation about using Wes as an option it causes all sorts of issues.

I was talking to someone recently who said that if he can't use his feet the defenders just shouldn't play it to him. Like that's a viable solution!

Once again sufc twitter posting highlight reels from Wes. Unless it's his missus on the account are they trying to say something? We all know he's been poor and we want a new GK but seems abit odd all this posting.

Does he usually put DMX lyrics on his Instagram?
I might be looking into it too much 🤔

He’s thrown his toys out the pram just sums him up really. His attitude stinks and Wilder knows exactly what he is like and that’s why he won’t play for us again. He’s turned down numerous contract offers with us he doesn’t want to be here he’s got the same attitude as Lundstram thinks he’s better than he is

I don't think Wes has covered himself in glory this season. Nor do I think he's good enough for us (or anyone) at this level.

But you do wonder whether something extra has gone on behind the scenes for Wilder to be starting a bloke in a cup game who's been in the country for four days, will have trained for one, and is stated to be our no. 1 moving forward and starting a Premier League game this coming Tuesday.

It feels a bit cold. Perhaps it's intended as a bit of tough love for Wes to work harder and earn the shirt back? He has been mostly unchallenged for a while, after all. Adam Davies has done alright when called upon but is probably a League 1 'keeper.

Grbic is an unknown quantity to us at this point, so to say outright that he's our number one now seems like a big statement to make, both about his ability and Wes's lack thereof.

But you do wonder whether something extra has gone on behind the scenes for Wilder to be starting a bloke in a cup game who's been in the country for four days, will have trained for one, and is stated to be our no. 1 moving forward and starting a Premier League game this coming Tuesday.

It feels a bit cold. Perhaps it's intended as a bit of tough love for Wes to work harder and earn the shirt back? He has been mostly unchallenged for a while, after all. Adam Davies has done alright when called upon but is probably a League 1 'keeper.

Grbic is an unknown quantity to us at this point, so to say outright that he's our number one now seems like a big statement to make, both about his ability and Wes's lack thereof.

It's pure speculation, but if he won't sign a contract maybe it's as simple as Wilder moving onto players that'll be here next year.

If he won't sign a contract then could be he doesn't fancy fighting for the shirt/ thinks he's above it. Can't imagine that would play well with CW

Supposed to be teams in prem interested as a 3rd goalie. I suppose he can earn more than with us even as 3rd choice. You can tell he's not been happy with the way he has walked off pitch some games

It's pure speculation, but if he won't sign a contract maybe it's as simple as Wilder moving onto players that'll be here next year.

If he won't sign a contract then could be he doesn't fancy fighting for the shirt/ thinks he's above it. Can't imagine that would play well with CW

Wilder finally being tough on players that are taking the piss signing their renewal.

I wish he had that same attitude towards Lunny.

He’s thrown his toys out the pram just sums him up really. His attitude stinks and Wilder knows exactly what he is like and that’s why he won’t play for us again. He’s turned down numerous contract offers with us he doesn’t want to be here he’s got the same attitude as Lundstram thinks he’s better than he is
No idea on Wes's current attitude or approach but Wilder did sign him.

Supposed to be teams in prem interested as a 3rd goalie. I suppose he can earn more than with us even as 3rd choice. You can tell he's not been happy with the way he has walked off pitch some games

Well the last few games he's been at a fault and his attitude has seemed poor from his reaction on the pitch. We have reduced the amount of shots on our goal yet he still manages at least one fuck up a game.

No idea on Wes's current attitude or approach but Wilder did sign him.

True he did but he only ever signed him to be a backup keeper. He never signed him to be the number 1. Wilder usually had his number 1 keeper and stuck with them unless injured.

Hecky is the one that made him 1st choice.

Make you wonder how many more players not wanting to sign. Is all not rosy behind the scenes

Hecky is the one that made him 1st choice.
I think it was Slav who gave our goalies time to shine after Ramsdale was sold. Wes seemed better at the time and has been first choise since until now..

Let’s be honest here, and I’m not having a dig at you or Wes for that matter who I have thought has been suspect in certain parts of his game for a long time now but overall I think he’s done a good job over the years, especially for the outlay but your post was just the right one to make the point once again, our contract situation with a lot of players has been a complete shambles for a year or two, until this is sorted and the club get someone in who is willing to be all hands on deck and sort the fucker out, that includes the owner and all the execs then it will continue to be a complete shambles.

I’d bet he isn’t signing a new deal because he isn’t getting any sort of wage increase to reflect the fact he’s been our number 1 for the last two years. This is the two-way street of no loyalty in the sport. His performances have not been good enough but he’s not the only player who’s been wildly out of his depth this season, yet he’s the one who gets most of the stick and is now being ruthlessly binned by the new manager. That’s football. I can understand why he would be upset though, the club, coaching staff and fans have pretty much all turned their backs on him this season.

I’d bet he isn’t signing a new deal because he isn’t getting any sort of wage increase to reflect the fact he’s been our number 1 for the last two years. This is the two-way street of no loyalty in the sport. His performances have not been good enough but he’s not the only player who’s been wildly out of his depth this season, yet he’s the one who gets most of the stick and is now being ruthlessly binned by the new manager. That’s football. I can understand why he would be upset though, the club, coaching staff and fans have pretty much all turned their backs on him this season.
Binned you say did you see our new keeper yesterday 😂 🥴

His mistake against Luton was the nail in the coffin for me. You can not let your team down in such an important game.
He's a perfectly fine backup goalkeeper, but if he thinks he's above that now (which I guess would be understandable after getting the taste of being number 1) then I'd say it's best for him to try his luck somewhere else next season.

Back
Top Bottom