Wes.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
I couldn't go today as i couldn't go so wasn't there couldn't watch a stream either as the internet isnt invented yet where i used to live or where i currently live just watched the highlights and that one handed save by Wes was incredibly amazing some think we need a new keeper bollox i say he's more than good enough if not better than that ive left out any punctuation because things read better without it thanks up the Blades.

At the same time, if the one he parried straight to their forward (as opposed to pushing it wide like you're taught to do) for a tap in wasn't offside people would be furious

Yeah he made a absolute howler that the offside saved him. I saw a stat at halftime his pass completion was...7% not exactly fantastic although with no real target or midfield outlets maybe it's not normally that poor.

That said his saves kept today from being a season destroying capitulation

I'm happy with Wes in the sticks. It's midfield and up front where we're desperately short, as today showed our lack of strength in depth. Goalkeeper is the least of our problems.

At the same time, if the one he parried straight to their forward (as opposed to pushing it wide like you're taught to do) for a tap in wasn't offside people would be furious
True

I'm happy with Wes in the sticks. It's midfield and up front where we're desperately short, as today showed our lack of strength in depth. Goalkeeper is the least of our problems.
Defence looked like they had only just met,total cluster fuck

Yeah he made a absolute howler that the offside saved him. I saw a stat at halftime his pass completion was...7% not exactly fantastic although with no real target or midfield outlets maybe it's not normally that poor.

That said his saves kept today from being a season destroying capitulation
His long pass targets were Osula and Traore with very few passes into the defence so not surprised it was that low.

I couldn't go today as i couldn't go so wasn't there couldn't watch a stream either as the internet isnt invented yet where i used to live or where i currently live just watched the highlights and that one handed save by Wes was incredibly amazing some think we need a new keeper bollox i say he's more than good enough if not better than that ive left out any punctuation because things read better without it thanks up the Blades.
Ah, solicitor speak ................they dont use much punctuation either!

Just listening to the Football Weekly podcast. One of the occasional pundits said he's been watching Wes for a few weeks and thinks he's way out of his depth. He actually said, without tongue-in-cheek that he looks League 1 level.

Just listening to the Football Weekly podcast. One of the occasional pundits said he's been watching Wes for a few weeks and thinks he's way out of his depth. He actually said, without tongue-in-cheek that he looks League 1 level.
I'm a big Wes fan and he does make a top class save every game but some of his diving is questionable

At the moment he does. His distribution when he has the ball is fucking atrocious, amount of times he could throw it out for us to break, which is exactly where hamer and mcatee could hurt teams he chooses not too, then at other times he will pass the fucking ball out putting us under all sorts of pressure. He's also letting a few in he possibly would've saved last season, no way he should be letting that 2nd goal in the other day. Yes he's making a few great saves but what keeper wouldn't when the team concedes about 30 shots a game, he's definitely not a premier league goalie but neither are our outfield players, but I'm guessing wes knows that himself anyway hence why he's not played at nowhere near this level in his pretty long career.

Notwithstanding the second which some would have saved, the first which somehow he seemed on a different time zone, he is prone to do something dopey at times with a single pass.

How he managed to pass to Trusty with a striker in range when he wasn't even looking was just plain stupid. For all the pelters Robbo got when he was faulted with one of the Burnley goals against last season, it was Wes who needlessly passed it to him when he had a man on him.

I think we need another keeper, one who can compete. Not necessarily to come in and replace him, but to show him that making the odd save doesn't give you a free pass to do any old nonsense.

Points are hard to come by. We dk t need dopey giveaways by our keeper to make it extra hard for us.

Whether we stay up or not, we need a more competent keeper, Wes is a capable shot stopper on his day ,but championship at best, his kicking is terrible, especially when he chips the ball to the full backs, launch it upfield for heavens sake!, and why doesn't he ever throw it?

Also just heard that. I’d take what Jordan Jarrett-Bryan says with a pinch of salt to be honest because he is constantly on the wind up with severe opinions.

All keepers make mistakes, even PL ones. Chelsea vs Arsenal on Saturday for example: both keepers made errors that cost their team a goal, and David Raya had more than one bombscare moment. There are other positions that need sorting before we worry about replacements for Wes.

I don't think he is premier league level either He's certainly a level down from Ramsdale and Henderson. Both of who are now sub keepers.

He's in credit for me so far this season although a few of the goals that have gone in have been on the weak side for me.
Sums it up perfectly for me Berkshire.

Whether we stay up or not, we need a more competent keeper, Wes is a capable shot stopper on his day ,but championship at best, his kicking is terrible, especially when he chips the ball to the full backs, launch it upfield for heavens sake!, and why doesn't he ever throw it?

I'm sure glad we've got multiple strikers to hold the play up when we "launch it upfield for heavens sake". Wouldn't want to piss away what little possession we have otherwise, would we?

Wes had a nightmare v Man Utd, he seemed like he had lost interest. Just watched the ball go past him on a few occasions without any attempt at moving for it.

I'm sure glad we've got multiple strikers to hold the play up when we "launch it upfield for heavens sake". Wouldn't want to piss away what little possession we have otherwise, would we?
I'm on about clearing his lines, gently chipping the ball to the full backs etc, we "piss away", as you call it enough possession without doing it in our own box

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Wes has made some good saves. But he's shit with the basics and lacks concentration.

Back
Top Bottom