CONFIRMED Vinícius Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can see him being a cult hero, looks like he's going to have a busy role this season and seems like he's adapted well.

That tackle/assist for Bogle's goal the other day was timed to perfection, and if he didn't make it we were vulnerable to the counter.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's the signing of the summer, but so far he's certainly the find of the summer compared to Slimane, Larouci and Traore. I really like him and he'll definitely go on to be a fan favourite as everyone loves a workhorse in red and white. Great scouting.

Like him lots too, great tackler and better on the ball than I thought.

Slight criticism…slightly at fault for Everton’s opener? Lost Doucore in the box?

But overall a very promising start.

Thought he was poor today but most, it seems, think he had a good game. Hardly touched the ball in the first half. You can tell there’s a player there but not sure why people think he had a good game?
I have to say I agree; I thought I may be being harsh, but for someone with his size and stature he should be dominating that midfield area more and not letting large chunks of the game pass him by? But recognise that he needs time to get up to speed with things.

I reckon we'll see him behind McAtee & Hamer , not trying the Norwood pings but feeding those two with neat passes

That absolutely should be his role in the team. I'm sure that will be Hecky's plan for him after the international break. That deep lying midfield role protecting the centre halves is his role and what he does. Norwood (good dependable player that he is) now needs to be a cover player.

I reckon we'll see him behind McAtee & Hamer , not trying the Norwood pings but feeding those two with neat passes
100% this. Vini is a thorough-bred modern defensive midfielder and i feel that despite his good performances so far that he would be more impactful in that role. Also, the prospect of Hamer and McAtee next to each other is incredibly exciting, probably most balanced midfield we have had in a long time. ⚔️

Back
Top Bottom