Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We missed a good one on our doorstep with Ogbene, if Johansson is of the right level and affordable then it would be daft to pass up the chance to sign him given how desperate we've (not unsurprisingly) become in this position

Seems quite a likely target

We missed a good one on our doorstep with Ogbene, if Johansson is of the right level and affordable then it would be daft to pass up the chance to sign him given how desperate we've (not unsurprisingly) become in this position

According to the other thread he’s out of contract in the summer. We should move in Jan even if we loan him back to ensure we get it done if he’s at the level we need.

Did we ?
Can't even get in a Luton team bereft of quality

Out of contract in the summer. Rotherham need the money. No brainer in Jan

We sure he's out of contract? I thought he was 2025

Either way, shouldn't cost more than 3m.

We should also target outfield players of a similar profile. Same sort of age, expiring contracts, good championship players

The rebuild for next season needs to start now. I'm sure Wilder feels the same

Victor Johansson is under contract until June 2025. It’s the guy at Plymouth (Cooper) who is out of contract in June 2024 - but he has just got his 2nd bad injury of this season.

Victor Johansson is under contract until June 2025. It’s the guy at Plymouth (Cooper) who is out of contract in June 2024 - but he has just got his 2nd bad injury of this season.
Despite the contract if we can’t sign a keeper from Rotherham when we’re still in the Premiership for another 4 months there’s something wrong.

My mistake….they have both signed contract extensions to June 2025. So probably both going to cost circa £3 million to sign in January whichever one we go for ……if at all.

So we don't sign any tall keepers then ?
By your response we shouldn’t sign any small keepers then….

Some of the best keepers of all time have been less or around 6ft.

I’m not particularly bothered about Johansson but he’s 6 ft 1 (same as Pickford for size reference) & some of our best all time keepers were not much taller. Height doesn’t come into ability, if it did then Olsen & Blackman would playing week in week out.

By your response we shouldn’t sign any small keepers then….

Some of the best keepers of all time have been less or around 6ft.

I’m not particularly bothered about Johansson but he’s 6 ft 1 (same as Pickford for size reference) & some of our best all time keepers were not much taller. Height doesn’t come into ability, if it did then Olsen & Blackman would playing week in week out.
He just looks a bit too small to me
Makes regulation saves look spectacular

How about Lee Nichols at Huddersfield? Out of contract, prime age, was excellent a couple of seasons ago..... surely he could come in and do a job for the blades??

How about Lee Nichols at Huddersfield? Out of contract, prime age, was excellent a couple of seasons ago..... surely he could come in and do a job for the blades??

I think Foderingham is a 7/10 sort of keeper at Championship level.
If we're going down the route of replacing him we need one of the outstanding goalkeepers in the Championship for a promotion push. Preferably one who might be able to make the step up.

Wilson at Coventry, not sure if he has lost his place through injury or form though.

Form - gave me a reason to look at their last fixture :D

I think Foderingham is a 7/10 sort of keeper at Championship level.
If we're going down the route of replacing him we need one of the outstanding goalkeepers in the Championship for a promotion push. Preferably one who might be able to make the step up.
Yep, Nicholls would be more stop gap, do a job for half a season then maybe be back up next season, allowing Wes to go. If we can't get one like you describe, we still need to do something this window, and a Nicholls type may be what we end up with. He's not out of contract though, he's 2026, so I was mistaken on that

Wilson at Coventry, not sure if he has lost his place through injury or form though.

Form - gave me a reason to look at their last fixture :D
Similar shout to Nicholls. Also 31. Contract to 2025. One to consider

If I was Wilder I'd agree to trade some of next seasons budget to get Johansson in during Jan. Although we are down already, at least we have a chance to play for pride if this guy is in net and not Wes and Davies.

My millers mates hoping we do not come in for him. They say it looks bad for them now, without him, would be down already.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play, but statistically looks decent. Second highest goals prevented in champ this season, and highest saves per 90 in the league.

To counter it a little he does have the highest goals against per 90 but that’s more playing in a bad side.

His save % last season was 74%, but dropped significantly to 68% this, which is lower that Wes last season who was at 70% in the champ. However, his save % is 5% higher than Wes this season*

I know Rotherham fans rate him a lot, so feels low risk if we can do it cheaply (contract up in the summer) and one with a longer term view - he’s younger and statically better than Wes over a decent period of time. One we should do in jan imo, whichever camp you sit in.

Back
Top Bottom