Should we still be looking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wiilder has made it clear he is coming in as his first choice keeper. He will be starting against Palace

Like many have said, I don’t blame him for much on Saturday. His performance wasn’t reflective of 5 goals conceded

View attachment 178277

Oof.
Ouch. That's pretty clear cut.

Dunno if it's just me but something I noticed early on in the season is that him and the defenders are quick to throw blame around whenever a goal's conceded: staring each other daggers, ranting and raving, pointing. I was right behind the goal against Everton and JLT looked about ready to knock him out. I wonder if there've been fallings-out in the dressing room.

For yet another keeper. I know it’s only one game the new keeper has had but I fear the worse. On shots he looks like he hasn’t got a clue
We have three days left to get a quality keeper

Johansson

Cooper (I know he’s injured but almost over it) and quality

Hope I’m wrong but do you feel confident with the new keeper ?
Should we start another thread about our keepers???? NO🙈

I feel it’s an important few months for Amissah.

He’s physically commanding and is now at the age where we need to decide whether he has the ability to match his physique and therefore can he not only be an able back up but can he push Grbic in a way that Davies never quite managed with Wes.

As for Wes, if he does go, he goes with my best wishes. He wouldn’t be in my top 3 of goalies we’ve had in my lifetime but he certainly wouldn’t be in the bottom 3 either.

He’s had a good career and deserves a couple year contract somewhere if he can get fixed up

I feel it’s an important few months for Amissah.

He’s physically commanding and is now at the age where we need to decide whether he has the ability to match his physique and therefore can he not only be an able back up but can he push Grbic in a way that Davies never quite managed with Wes.

As for Wes, if he does go, he goes with my best wishes. He wouldn’t be in my top 3 of goalies we’ve had in my lifetime but he certainly wouldn’t be in the bottom 3 either.

He’s had a good career and deserves a couple year contract somewhere if he can get fixed up
Agreed, I don’t think his laid back personality helps, Pickford fucks up, gets up and rants at some defender and you think “yeah, he right - shit cunt left back”

Wes concedes and just kinda looks downhearted

his shot stopping is up there with the best, but seemingly wears toblerone boots when kicking, and it’s like watching a game of Russian roulette down to the last 2 barrels when he gets closed down by the forwards

The LB problem was forced on us due to injuries.
The main problem we have had is our inability to either tie players to new contracts or move them on, meaning that assett value is being reduced and player recruitment is forced upon us rather than planned
The LB Situation is a microcosm of our travails in the transfer market. We've bought such utter dross that we had to keep reverting back to the player who had clearly fallen off a cliff (for Enda you could also read Sharp, Norwood, Fleck, Baldock) and rather than evolve as a team/squad we've not brought in sufficient quality to let these players leave at the right time!

I think we have to give the new lad time...... but I must admit, on first showing, I had the very same sinking feeling........ the name Derek Richardson also resurfaced in my mind....... 😬
Oh Derek Richardson . . . how could anyone forget

Back
Top Bottom