United World transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PurpleRain know anything about the rumours of Benito Raman being purchased by Sheffield United and loaned out to Beerschot for the season?

This rumour is indeed circulating. Beerschot is placed under close control by the license commission because we are over debted. Seems that prince has loaned us money rather than put it into share capital. Probably the only way for us to do a bigger transfer is if you buy him for us but I don’t feel this is the right way forward. Raman is a very good striker on Belgian pro league level.

The Danish winger we wanted to sign, Warming, has signed for Torino. We had an agreement with the player but his club wanted 1.2 mio and we thought by waiting the price would drop. Next week the season starts here and we are desperate for some attacking players.

This rumour is indeed circulating. Beerschot is placed under close control by the license commission because we are over debted. Seems that prince has loaned us money rather than put it into share capital. Probably the only way for us to do a bigger transfer is if you buy him for us but I don’t feel this is the right way forward. Raman is a very good striker on Belgian pro league level.
I agree with you that way of operating on a large scale especially for senior players could unbalance both clubs. For development players moving through united world it makes sense but for senior players who won’t move through the group and will stay at only one club it would be strange if other clubs in the group held their registrations

Always hard to tell with Scottish players. I wouldn't think competing with Ipswich and MK Dons for his signature is a good sign, to be honest.
But if he is a Scottish international, he can’t be that bad? It’s not Spain or Italy but on the other hand it is still a decent international level?

But if he is a Scottish international, he can’t be that bad? It’s not Spain or Italy but on the other hand it is still a decent international level?
You never know. He's had three or four really good seasons in Scotland but it's a very low level. Maybe he's ready for a step up.

Any thoughts on this? Is he any good?

Like others have said he’s looked good in Scotland but that’s hard to judge his level as some look just as good once they leave and others flop. At one point was being linked with decent championship moves I think we were linked at one point in the past.

Its very much not a decent international level. They're capable of raising their game occasionally but by-and-large they're poor.

He's always been a decent goal scorer to be fair. As you say, he got picked for the National team, so he's got to be decent to a degree. He's not a bad age either and at 6'1" he's not small.

143 goals in 297 matches by the age of 25. There are a lot worse records out there!

Thanks for the reactions. At 500k he sounds like a gamble worth taking. For 500k we bought a Brazilian forward 2 seasons ago which had to send on loan to the Dubai club in the group because he could not even keep uw with the level of our reserve team. So I hope to think Shankland will be a much better gamble. We were looking for a type of link-up player with some technical skills but it sounds like he is more of an outright center forward?

Thanks for the reactions. At 500k he sounds like a gamble worth taking. For 500k we bought a Brazilian forward 2 seasons ago which had to send on loan to the Dubai club in the group because he could not even keep uw with the level of our reserve team. So I hope to think Shankland will be a much better gamble. We were looking for a type of link-up player with some technical skills but it sounds like he is more of an outright center forward?
If it's any consolation, I signed him on FM21 and he quickly became one of the best strikers in the world.

So tell me again why Coulibaly is playing for the Blades this season?
If you mean the reasons why he is not yet playing for the Blades, I think because all parties concerned thought it better for his development to leave him one more year in the Belgian pro league. His value already exploded after a successful half season. A player comparable but slightly inferior to him was just transferred for 17-18 mio to Arsenal. So if Coulibaly continues his development here his financial value will benefit massively. Next season he can be sold or join the Blades as a proper PL player after 2 years of development.

tenor.gif

As for Shankland; he's a good striker, very well rounded. Good in the air, good recieving it to feet and a good finisher.

Not sure how good the Belgian league is compared to Scotland - I'd guess it's quite a step up. He's at the right age to step up though, so could be a winner.

Any updates on who has signed for which United World team?

Sheffield United - No Signings. Although should have 1 maybe 2 players by the weekend.

Any updates on who has signed for which United World team?

Sheffield United - No Signings. Although should have 1 maybe 2 players by the weekend.
Beerschot:
Krekovic (RW from Hadjuk Split, development player)
Konstantopulos (CB from Panatokoulos, development player)
De Smet (LB, loaned from Stade Reims with option to buy, first team player)
Okyere (CM, came from the Dubai club, development player)
Sanyang (second year of loan from Gambia football school, first team player)

rumours in: Seriki, Shankland and Soumare (winger from Orleans in France)

conclusion so far: signing mainly development players and we need some real first team signings in the offensive category but things seem to accelerate now with the incoming rumours.

Beerschot:
Krekovic (RW from Hadjuk Split, development player)
Konstantopulos (CB from Panatokoulos, development player)
De Smet (LB, loaned from Stade Reims with option to buy, first team player)
Okyere (CM, came from the Dubai club, development player)
Sanyang (second year of loan from Gambia football school, first team player)

rumours in: Seriki, Shankland and Soumare (winger from Orleans in France)

conclusion so far: signing mainly development players and we need some real first team signings in the offensive category but things seem to accelerate now with the incoming rumours.
Watched Beerschot highlights vs Gent and De Smet looked poor especially in the first half, they seemed to get round him with ease. Gent really should have had a couple more in that first half.

Watched Beerschot highlights vs Gent and De Smet looked poor especially in the first half, they seemed to get round him with ease. Gent really should have had a couple more in that first half.
True, the first half showed our weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom