United World transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Second summer transfer for Beerschot, Greek central defender, u21 international. Hope they soon add a few experienced players as well. Youth is good but a mix of youth and experience is needed at 1st division level.
I know Beerschot have good deals on shirts, but I think I might avoid buying that one. That name will double the cost.

Second summer transfer for Beerschot, Greek central defender, u21 international. Hope they soon add a few experienced players as well. Youth is good but a mix of youth and experience is needed at 1st division level.

Any update on Coulibaly?

Remaining at Beerschot another season, or any rumours as to whether he’s moving to the Lane yet?

Any update on Coulibaly?

Remaining at Beerschot another season, or any rumours as to whether he’s moving to the Lane yet?
He’s training with us and no rumours of any kind. We are light in midfield so they will need to sign other players if Coulibaly would be moved. It would be a big blow to our chances to avoid a relegation struggle if I look at the current squad.

He’s training with us and no rumours of any kind. We are light in midfield so they will need to sign other players if Coulibaly would be moved. It would be a big blow to our chances to avoid a relegation struggle if I look at the current squad.
Avoid relegation? Is that the fear? I thought that last season Beerschot finished midtable?

Avoid relegation? Is that the fear? I thought that last season Beerschot finished midtable?
That was due to a fabulous first half of the season where we even were 1st for a moment. In the winter period they sold our best striker and the team collapsed. The weaknesses were exposed and the squad was thin in quality to keep standards high a whole season. The football played in the second half of the season was really poor and we missed out on a certain play off spot on the final day. Without real enforcements the fear is we will have a season like you had. Second season after promotion is always difficult.

Sure they’ll be something when Jokanovic arrives, He’ll at least wanna have a look at him in training

That was due to a fabulous first half of the season where we even were 1st for a moment. In the winter period they sold our best striker and the team collapsed. The weaknesses were exposed and the squad was thin in quality to keep standards high a whole season. The football played in the second half of the season was really poor and we missed out on a certain play off spot on the final day. Without real enforcements the fear is we will have a season like you had. Second season after promotion is always difficult.
That sounds familiar :) Hope your second season is better than ours!

I see mate, all the best this summer in recruitment and beyond. I like the look of the new manager though, think he'll do well. All the best.

I hope we keep him in the group then. Would be crazy to let a big talent move away if you have options in Belgian first division and English Championship. Or he could lead your promotion challenge in the national league. Looks a bit like Mahrez type or is that a bad comparison?
I agree on the fact that it would be good for our 3 clubs to keep this kind of player in the group and that is the goal if I understood the strategy correctly.
Recently, Trotignon gave the example of Andrew Jung who could continue his progression at Beershchot. (unfortunately this is not the case at the moment).

About Ilyas Chouaref, all things considered, we can compare his dribbling with Mahrez, but he must progress and take a step forward. Especially on the efficiency in front of the goal.
"A level of performance that had made the young winger a target for several clubs in L1 (Saint Etienne, Lens, Lorient ...) and the Premier League (Crystal palace)." (L'Équipe, 2020/08/28)

I agree on the fact that it would be good for our 3 clubs to keep this kind of player in the group and that is the goal if I understood the strategy correctly.
Recently, Trotignon gave the example of Andrew Jung who could continue his progression at Beershchot. (unfortunately this is not the case at the moment).

About Ilyas Chouaref, all things considered, we can compare his dribbling with Mahrez, but he must progress and take a step forward. Especially on the efficiency in front of the goal.
"A level of performance that had made the young winger a target for several clubs in L1 (Saint Etienne, Lens, Lorient ...) and the Premier League (Crystal palace)." (L'Équipe, 2020/08/28)
What are the first impressions of the new owners?

Have the new signings been well received?

How many more new players would you expect to sign?

Coulibaly playing in a friendly tonight

Beerschot up 0-1 after 15 mins.

What are the first impressions of the new owners?
Have the new signings been well received?
How many more new players would you expect to sign?
For now everything is very well (even smartly) managed.
New owners had the good idea to give keys to people from here, like Michel Denisot (Président) and Patrick Trotignon (General Manager) or like
Aldo Angoula (Sports director), Julien Cordonnier (Scout) and Manu Imorou (Communication) who are former Berri players.

The first signings are :

Thomas Robinet (Laval - striker).
The good point is that he wanted to play in L2 but signed at the beginning of the mercato even he could have more choices later.
« I follow Thomas for quite a while, I've seen him play at least 7 or 8 times. I identified him very quickly, this is the profile I was looking for.
It’s a safe bet. Over the past two years in National in Villefranche and then Laval, he has shown that he can score at least ten goals per season. This is the kind of performance that La Berrichonne lacked last season, when the team struggled to deliver on their highlights.
He is quite fast, takes depth well, has good timing in the aerial game, and above all he has the qualities of a finisher in front of goal.
In addition, and this is decisive for me, he has a remarkable mindset. This is also confirmed by all the information I could gather about him. »
(Julien Cordonnier)

Romain Sans (Sochaux - left back).
« Romain Sans is a boy I know well from following him last year. He is a young profile who has room for improvement in defense but whose qualities as a counter-attacker and raiser are perfectly in line with Marco Simone's desire to start from the rear. It's up to Romain to move up the slider for defensive aggressiveness. The club’s only left-back since the departure of Opéri, another signing to his post is expected. » (Cordo)

Natanaël Thio Ntolla (Sochaux - winger)
« Natanaël is a player with enormous potential. When I observed him with Sochaux, he immediately reminded me of Nicolas Pépé, whom I saw playing in Orléans at the time. While he can help out as a supporting striker, his preferred position remains that of a side striker, especially on the right so he can turn on his left foot. Good in one-on-one, he has undeniable qualities of percussion, puncture and dribbling. He is powerful and fast. However, he needs to improve in the last twenty meters, especially in the last move and the last pass. » (Cordo)

Paul Delecroix (Annecy - goalkeeper)
« Paul is the choice of experience. He has known the National, Ligue 2 but also Ligue 1. Last season, he played an important role in maintaining Annecy, his former club. So much so that he offered her an extension. Other Ligue 2 and National clubs have taken an interest in him, including Dijon. Everyone I have asked about his profile has described me as a valuable player, both sporting and humanely. He has an interesting quality of the foot which will appeal to the manager and he is also very explosive on his line, he is not afraid to throw himself into the feet of attackers. Also, I think he will help Tommy (Plumain) progress. » (Cordo)

About 8 new players are still needed (almost all positions, except goalkeeper).

Next could be :

▸ Ferris N'Goma (Stade Brestois, Ligue 1)
Midfielder who took part in the rise of Brest in ligue 1 in 2019, but he received proposals from Ligue 2 clubs.

▸ Jonathan Mexique (Cholet, National 1)
26 yo experimented midfielder, who started at Le Mans and then went to Monaco (B), Cercle Brugge, Tours and Cholet

I am very confident for the future. Marco Simone was convincing (even without a win) as a coach and the first newcomers seem to have the profile he wants.

For now everything is very well (even smartly) managed.
New owners had the good idea to give keys to people from here, like Michel Denisot (Président) and Patrick Trotignon (General Manager) or like
Aldo Angoula (Sports director), Julien Cordonnier (Scout) and Manu Imorou (Communication) who are former Berri players.

The first signings are :

Thomas Robinet (Laval - striker).
The good point is that he wanted to play in L2 but signed at the beginning of the mercato even he could have more choices later.
« I follow Thomas for quite a while, I've seen him play at least 7 or 8 times. I identified him very quickly, this is the profile I was looking for.
It’s a safe bet. Over the past two years in National in Villefranche and then Laval, he has shown that he can score at least ten goals per season. This is the kind of performance that La Berrichonne lacked last season, when the team struggled to deliver on their highlights.
He is quite fast, takes depth well, has good timing in the aerial game, and above all he has the qualities of a finisher in front of goal.
In addition, and this is decisive for me, he has a remarkable mindset. This is also confirmed by all the information I could gather about him. »
(Julien Cordonnier)

Romain Sans (Sochaux - left back).
« Romain Sans is a boy I know well from following him last year. He is a young profile who has room for improvement in defense but whose qualities as a counter-attacker and raiser are perfectly in line with Marco Simone's desire to start from the rear. It's up to Romain to move up the slider for defensive aggressiveness. The club’s only left-back since the departure of Opéri, another signing to his post is expected. » (Cordo)

Natanaël Thio Ntolla (Sochaux - winger)
« Natanaël is a player with enormous potential. When I observed him with Sochaux, he immediately reminded me of Nicolas Pépé, whom I saw playing in Orléans at the time. While he can help out as a supporting striker, his preferred position remains that of a side striker, especially on the right so he can turn on his left foot. Good in one-on-one, he has undeniable qualities of percussion, puncture and dribbling. He is powerful and fast. However, he needs to improve in the last twenty meters, especially in the last move and the last pass. » (Cordo)

Paul Delecroix (Annecy - goalkeeper)
« Paul is the choice of experience. He has known the National, Ligue 2 but also Ligue 1. Last season, he played an important role in maintaining Annecy, his former club. So much so that he offered her an extension. Other Ligue 2 and National clubs have taken an interest in him, including Dijon. Everyone I have asked about his profile has described me as a valuable player, both sporting and humanely. He has an interesting quality of the foot which will appeal to the manager and he is also very explosive on his line, he is not afraid to throw himself into the feet of attackers. Also, I think he will help Tommy (Plumain) progress. » (Cordo)

About 8 new players are still needed (almost all positions, except goalkeeper).

Next could be :

▸ Ferris N'Goma (Stade Brestois, Ligue 1)
Midfielder who took part in the rise of Brest in ligue 1 in 2019, but he received proposals from Ligue 2 clubs.

▸ Jonathan Mexique (Cholet, National 1)
26 yo experimented midfielder, who started at Le Mans and then went to Monaco (B), Cercle Brugge, Tours and Cholet

I am very confident for the future. Marco Simone was convincing (even without a win) as a coach and the first newcomers seem to have the profile he wants.
Very interesting. Thanks for that.

There are some interesting images of the 'Centre de formation' on Twitter.

Was this started before the new owners came in or after?

Must have been there a while as seen on Twitter a player from their academy, Francois Mendy, has just signed a pro contract.

Must have been there a while as seen on Twitter a player from their academy, Francois Mendy, has just signed a pro contract.
They have quite a large building under construction and pitches. Was curious if this was HRH instigated or already started.

You're welcome.
The project was considered and decided before the sale.
La Berrichonne isn't the owner of the stadium, the current and the future academy.
La Berri rents the stadium to the municipality of Châteauroux.
La Berri rents La Tremblère (the current training center) to the municipality of Arthon (about 18 km from the Stade Gaston-Petit).
La Berri will rent the new academy and training center (nearby Gaston-Petit) at the social landlord* Scalis.
* I don't know if this is the correct word in English for "bailleur"

I think it was an asset in selling the club.
It showed that the club was looking to develop and that it was supported by local institutions.

Patrick Trotignon has since said that United World wanted to create in Châteauroux an international academy, in addition to the existing one (at La Tremblère or at the new one, I don't know).

I found an article (written 2020/7/16) that summarizes the project of the new Centre de Formation :

🔗 Pose de la première pierre du centre de formation de la Berrichonne Football

This article explains that this very important project is carried by the social landlord Scalis. This 2,270 square meter training center will include a 60-bed training and accommodation center, the head office, administrative premises and training grounds. The inauguration is scheduled for 18 months. (delivery expected in December 2021).

This project is fully funded by the social landlord Scalis. The French state recognizes its engineering skills.
"As I am aware that this represents a risk if the club goes down, the city of Châteauroux vouched for it just in case. The mayor of Châteauroux Gil Avérous told me that we could transform this training center into a hotel residence because we have so many sporting and cultural events over the course of a year. So we set off on the adventure." says Jean-François Tellier, the chief architect.
"There will be football school classrooms, changing rooms, showers, laundry facilities, a weight room and a press room, a restaurant with a terrace on the ground floor but also rooms for to caregivers. Upstairs there will be around 60 bedrooms and relaxation rooms."

The former president of La Berri, Thierry Schoen, was very satisfied with the realization of this project. "It is very important to all come together in the same place. The training center in Arthon which is a magnificent place where we have worked too far from the center of Châteauroux. While in a little less than two years, we let's bring together a whole club within the reach of its supporters ”. The cost of the construction amounts to 3.4 million € excluding tax. La Berri club will be the tenant of the premises.

You're welcome.
The project was considered and decided before the sale.
La Berrichonne isn't the owner of the stadium, the current and the future academy.
La Berri rents the stadium to the municipality of Châteauroux.
La Berri rents La Tremblère (the current training center) to the municipality of Arthon (about 18 km from the Stade Gaston-Petit).
La Berri will rent the new academy and training center (nearby Gaston-Petit) at the social landlord* Scalis.
* I don't know if this is the correct word in English for "bailleur"

I think it was an asset in selling the club.
It showed that the club was looking to develop and that it was supported by local institutions.

Patrick Trotignon has since said that United World wanted to create in Châteauroux an international academy, in addition to the existing one (at La Tremblère or at the new one, I don't know).

I found an article (written 2020/7/16) that summarizes the project of the new Centre de Formation :

🔗 Pose de la première pierre du centre de formation de la Berrichonne Football

This article explains that this very important project is carried by the social landlord Scalis. This 2,270 square meter training center will include a 60-bed training and accommodation center, the head office, administrative premises and training grounds. The inauguration is scheduled for 18 months. (delivery expected in December 2021).

This project is fully funded by the social landlord Scalis. The French state recognizes its engineering skills.
"As I am aware that this represents a risk if the club goes down, the city of Châteauroux vouched for it just in case. The mayor of Châteauroux Gil Avérous told me that we could transform this training center into a hotel residence because we have so many sporting and cultural events over the course of a year. So we set off on the adventure." says Jean-François Tellier, the chief architect.
"There will be football school classrooms, changing rooms, showers, laundry facilities, a weight room and a press room, a restaurant with a terrace on the ground floor but also rooms for to caregivers. Upstairs there will be around 60 bedrooms and relaxation rooms."

The former president of La Berri, Thierry Schoen, was very satisfied with the realization of this project. "It is very important to all come together in the same place. The training center in Arthon which is a magnificent place where we have worked too far from the center of Châteauroux. While in a little less than two years, we let's bring together a whole club within the reach of its supporters ”. The cost of the construction amounts to 3.4 million € excluding tax. La Berri club will be the tenant of the premises.

Wow makes Sheffield United training facilities look like a junkyard!

Congrats on the in progress developments, let's hope we can see similar here soon!!

Sounds like the Chateauroux council is very supportive, something that us Blades fans could only dream of from the Sheffield City Council.

I wonder if we’ll look at loaning iliman ndiaye to La Berrichonne. 21 now so needs to play games, helps a partner club and benefits us in his develop and he has a new young family who live in france so the move would make sense for all parties

I wonder if we’ll look at loaning iliman ndiaye to La Berrichonne. 21 now so needs to play games, helps a partner club and benefits us in his develop and he has a new young family who live in france so the move would make sense for all parties
Interesting. I imagine that this kind of strategy will be used in the future, between the 3 European clubs

Depends on if he signs a new contract or not.

Wow makes Sheffield United training facilities look like a junkyard!
Congrats on the in progress developments, let's hope we can see similar here soon!!
Sounds like the Chateauroux council is very supportive, something that us Blades fans could only dream of from the Sheffield City Council.
Exchanges between the academies of Sheffield, Beerschot and Châteauroux would be beneficial for all

Likely new signing for Beerschot
Interesting I did wonder if we’d see a continued exploitation of the Scandinavian market given the success of Coulibaly.

🔗 [Ouest France] National – US Concarneau. Peter Ouaneh va s’engager avec Châteauroux

According to these articles, Peter Ouaneh will be signing at La Berrichonne for 2 years (+1 optional).

Back
Top Bottom