United World transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nice to see beerschot signing some players. Decent signing that, big step up from the Scottish League though. GET YA MONEY OUT FOR US NOW PRINCEY ;)

Just discovered the first ‘internal’ United World transfer happened in 1999!

Good game that. Sending off for Beerschot was soft. Great 1st goal…what a hit 😍

Missed a portion of the second half but did well to stay in it. Thought we might see Seriki but probably not the game for him losing at Brugge and down to 10 men.

Not looking good PurpleRain
No although there were positives today. Soumare looks a real beast and Holzhauser is again growing to his best level. Shankland made a decent entrance, setting up Coulibaly for the equalizer but Coulibaly is clearly not yet in top form. Normally you would count on him to score a free shot from the 16 yrd box. We need at least one extra option in midfield and a new reliable central defender would also be useful before the window closes. Our Freddy Frans is past it, we can’t be putting him in the team anymore. If they get the last signings right we may just have enough to mount a comeback.

No although there were positives today. Soumare looks a real beast and Holzhauser is again growing to his best level. Shankland made a decent entrance, setting up Coulibaly for the equalizer but Coulibaly is clearly not yet in top form. Normally you would count on him to score a free shot from the 16 yrd box. We need at least one extra option in midfield and a new reliable central defender would also be useful before the window closes. Our Freddy Frans is past it, we can’t be putting him in the team anymore. If they get the last signings right we may just have enough to mount a comeback.
I know exactly how you feel. These next few days are crucial for both clubs as both NEED signings

Can I interest sir in a John Fleck and a Jack Robinson?
Fleck normally should have enough to play a decent role in our league. I guess not many players in the uk fancy a move to Belgium. Otherwise it would make sense to move some players who have no future at the Lane and if no other club comes in with an offer.

We got Vaca over the line today. Looks an exciting player, costs only 100k dollar so can’t expect too much but could be shrewd piece of business if he can adapt. Next rumour in is a loan from Lille’s reserves, central defender Amazoul. You can see we are also not spending big and are trying to improve on the cheap and with loan players.

Last edited:
Not sure if there is truth in this but I post the rumour anyway. Don’t go out attack just yet on this, the source is questionable but also not completely unrealistic.

We got Vaca over the line today. Looks an exciting player, costs only 100k dollar so can’t expect too much but could be shrewd piece of business if he can adapt. Next rumour in is a loan from Lille’s reserves, central defender Amazoul. You can see we are also not spending big and are trying to improve on the cheap and with loan players.

Should see Brewster promo video, he looked good

I know this is about 6/7 weeks old but anyone know what this guy's role entails? Never heard of him to be honest but seems a very popular fella on the Twitter.

Are you happy with your business PurpleRain ?
I don’t know what to think. We are in deep trouble and the leading candidate for relegation so we were hoping for some players experienced in the Belgian pro league. None of our signings have experience in our league so all have to adapt and to be seen if they have what it takes. Also like at United last signings only on loan. Will they fight for the badge and to keep the club up? We are living on hope but general atmosphere is very toxic and anger at the prince and van winckel to bring us in the situation we are in currently. On paper Caicedo looks good but only 19. Lemos has more experience, once a reputed defender but seems to have trouble to get his career on track. It seems we also have another midfield player out of contract who is test training. Ait Bennasar (ex Monaco), once a good player but form at present a question mark… so too many uncertainties to turn around a difficult situation.

I don’t know what to think. We are in deep trouble and the leading candidate for relegation so we were hoping for some players experienced in the Belgian pro league. None of our signings have experience in our league so all have to adapt and to be seen if they have what it takes. Also like at United last signings only on loan. Will they fight for the badge and to keep the club up? We are living on hope but general atmosphere is very toxic and anger at the prince and van winckel to bring us in the situation we are in currently. On paper Caicedo looks good but only 19. Lemos has more experience, once a reputed defender but seems to have trouble to get his career on track. It seems we also have another midfield player out of contract who is test training. Ait Bennasar (ex Monaco), once a good player but form at present a question mark… so too many uncertainties to turn around a difficult situation.
Caicedo looks a top player I’d have been happy with him here I think if Brighton weren’t so well stocked in midfield he might have gotten prem minutes this year I hope he does well for you.

What’s the overall feeling at United about the end of the transfer window? Did they make up for the initial lack of strengthening with the last minute transfers?

Yes and no, not enough to play the shape the manager wants but good enough to get rid of some of the underperforming/finished players

What’s the overall feeling at United about the end of the transfer window? Did they make up for the initial lack of strengthening with the last minute transfers?
We’re better than we were at the start of the window but we’ve let go of a high value asset and replaced with a temporary fix. We’ve also not addressed all the positions that the manager clearly wanted to hit so it’s a mixed window all in all for us. That said I’ll be interested to see what the manager does with the new pieces at his disposal and I’m more optimistic than I was at this time last week.

Back
Top Bottom