UNITED v Liverpool Forecast

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, only that I’m not worried about playing them in anything like the same way I’m dreading playing Man City and Liverpool. I think there’s points for us off those four, on today’s showing, I wish we were playing Man U next week. They were dreadful.

Fair comment.
I'm currently abroad and not seen anything other than Spanish football this last few days.
Looking forward to going to watch Athletico Madrid on Pigsday.

Liverpool to win by var one way or another.
In time honoured fashion it'll be the only time all season something gets invoked; I'll go for a penalty is given because the ref didn't see it.

In time honoured fashion it'll be the only time all season something gets invoked; I'll go for a penalty is given because the ref didn't see it.
Do you think we'll get a penalty the ref misses,nah
me neither.

My guess would be they get a dodge handball that's nowhere near as bad as last weeks.

Fair comment.
I'm currently abroad and not seen anything other than Spanish football this last few days.
Looking forward to going to watch Athletico Madrid on Pigsday.

Arse very lucky against Villa, Spurs a bit crap against an admittedly decent Leicester side.

Do you think we'll get a penalty the ref misses,nah
me neither.
No chance but they will, then it's retaken as Hendo twitches before making the greatest penalty save anybody has ever seen.
After the match the ref says he didn't want to retake the pen seen as it was such a good save but rules are rules. Post match review Hendo did nothing wrong.

I think liverpool leave space on flanks,breaching that space and getting decent crosses in will cause them problems
Agree. A-Arnold and Robertson are the same as George and Enda - spend so much time going forward they’re bound to leave spaces to exploit at the back sometimes which Chelsea exposed today. The dual of the wingbacks is going to be fascinating and one of the keys to the game. Problem is our wingbacks have to also cope with Mane and Salah...... and we don’t have a similar threat to them

The Blade in me is hoping of getting a point, but the reality is a Liverpool win.
0:2

Blades women showing the way with a superb 3-2 victory over Liverpool women today....come on you red and white womeeeeeeen!

Arse very lucky against Villa, Spurs a bit crap against an admittedly decent Leicester side.
Always a tough call to decide if a side was crap or did the better team make them look crap.
Spurs were knackered when VAR disallowed their second goal.
No intestinal fortitude !!

Starting with Morrison in a free role would give us one advantage. Klopp won't be expecting it at all. I wouldn't mind if we started with a mega-attacking line up with Morrison and Mousse. They'd be shitting it, there'd be so much noise. Roll the dice. If we get a goal, defend it like we did yesterday.

Starting with Morrison in a free role would give us one advantage. Klopp won't be expecting it at all. I wouldn't mind if we started with a mega-attacking line up with Morrison and Mousse. They'd be shitting it, there'd be so much noise. Roll the dice. If we get a goal, defend it like we did yesterday.

I think your dosage is bordering on overdose levels.

Could this be an opportunity for Wilder to throw caution to the wind? Nothing to lose by picking an attack minded side?
Most fans will expect a bit of a pasting. Sometimes, the best method of defense, is to attack.

I think Leicester are a good bet for top 6. Maybe even top 4!

Absolutely top 6, 90% certain they'll get top 4 if they avoid injuries to key players.

Who's better? Man City, Liverpool? Yeah. Spurs? On their day yes, but those days are getting rarer. Arsenal and Chelsea? Not in my opinion. Man United? No fucking chance.

Discounting Man City they'll maybe lose one or two games this season. But you never know; who'd have had Norwich to beat Man City last week?

I'd love to beat them. We're out Saturday evening, about 10 blades and a couple of Liverpool fans. A blades win would make the evening most satisfying!

Whatever happens Saturday, let's take a moment to remember: 3 years ago on the date of this fixture we were preparing for a crucial League One game against Fleetwood Town.

Now we're having a (somewhat) serious discussion about our chances of beating the European Champions in the Premier League!

What a journey it's been!

Much as I would love us to do them I’m afraid it won’t happen.
We are a well organised team, who defend in numbers and do the basics well.
However, what we will struggle against is Pace and players able to run at our defenders. And in Mane and Salah...with their advancing full backs and Firminho acting as the pivot for them all we have a huge test.

What we still struggle with is keeping the ball, we are hitting too much long stuff and we aren’t trying to work openings like we can. It’s been much more hoping the front man can get hold and get us up the pitch. It will be even harder against Liverpool as VanDyke wins pretty much everything.

Being honest....onenof two team we should be lucky to lose 1-0. Likely truly for me will be 0-3

Is it going too far to suggest that this Liverpool side could be the best team we’ve ever played?

Very unlikely we'll get anything from this. I'd be happy just to score tbh.

It's interesting to see how many of their goals come from set pieces, including both vs Chelsea this weekend. It's one area where I think we'll be more of a match for them than other teams they've played so far this season.
The aerial battles between van dijk & firmino vs Egan/Bash & JOC will be intriguing.

The problem is that they also have the completely different threats of Salah and Mané to cope with as well.

I'm not normally one for these kind of stats, as they're largely irrelevant due to difference in time, players, managers etc... but Liverpool have failed to beat us in their last two visits.

Blades 2 - 1 Liverpool (League Cup Semi Final)
Blades 1 - 1 Liverpool (robbed of an opening day win by one of many referees that Warnock had annoyed)

Wilder will largely stick with the same team with the only changes potentially being up top. I think he'll recall McGoldrick if fit, so he can drop deep and support the midfield, and he may well start Mousett due to his pace. That and his clinical finishing as he won't take extra touches before shooting.

If we start Robinson and McGoldrick then we'll have to rely on set pieces to score.

I feel confident. Liverpool are due a loss. It will be Everton again.

We'll frustrate them defensively and nick a goal against the run of play.

Alisson panics under pressure with ball at his feet. Have a 100mph moose charging down at him...

Liverpool are in the Champions League theee days later, so Klopp may make some changes. Away from home this could upset their rhythm and flow and it's bitten him on the arse in the past. But they should have enough quality to beat us irrespective of this. The midweek European match could be our blessing, so long as we stay composed and stop playing hot potato in the first half, like we have done pretty much all season so far.

Is it going too far to suggest that this Liverpool side could be the best team we’ve ever played?

At this point in time, I would agree with you. I love the optimism of some of out supporters and hats off to them but in truth I think most of us know we stand little chance on Saturday but I'm happy we gave ourselves a buffer with the victory at Everton.

Genuine question, have we ever played a league match against reigning European champions?

how hard can this game really be Liverpool are only Top of the league with 100% record. 15 consecutive wins, European champions & havent dropped a point for 6 months or lost league game for 8 months 😄

this is liverpool they are capable of giving us a tonking, but 1 way is that its overdue they cant just keep winning, they are 15 record is 18, also last year the won their 1st 6 & dropped points In 7th. but if we get the 1st goal who knows anything is possible.

Genuine question, have we ever played a league match against reigning European champions?

this is 1 of my favourite stats I researched last week. never it will be history on saturday we've never played the reigning european champions in league. as we were never in the top flight the following season after victories in 68, late 70s early 80's, 99 or 2005. if Barcelona hadnt made that late comeback. nade goal would've beaten the reigning European champions back In 2006

but in all competitions we have played reigning european champions once before in august 1978. ironically it was Liverpool at home & we won 1-0

Back
Top Bottom