UNITED v Liverpool Forecast

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When we lose games we should be taking things from I get upset, but let’s be honest Liverpool are capable of turning over any side in the world, so whatever the scoreline on Saturday there should be no complaints about United.

We had a similar scenario in a league cup match in 1978. That's when the competition was taken seriously by the way. Liverpool, replete with Dalglish, Souness, Hughes et al were the unbeatable European champions, league champions blah blah. United were in div. 2. Liverpool were going to give us a right hammering that day. Guess who won? (Clue, it wasn't Liverpool).

Gary Hamson... remember it well!

Whatever happens Saturday, let's take a moment to remember: 3 years ago on the date of this fixture we were preparing for a crucial League One game against Fleetwood Town.

Now we're having a (somewhat) serious discussion about our chances of beating the European Champions in the Premier League!

What a journey it's been!
Been? Not over yet ,by a very long chalk;)

We will most probably get stuffed.

It REALLY doesn’t matter if we do.

As fans, perhaps best not lose focus on that ?

UTB

They’re only 11 men...........not super hero’s. Let not lose the game before we get on the field. Yes we can beat Liverpool.

11 wizards in red and white giving their all for 90+ minutes and we have a chance. A slim one admittedly but a chance .

Backed by 29000 of the best fans in the world and suddenly it doesn’t seem impossible. Tickets almost sold out let’s give it to them

Starting with Morrison in a free role would give us one advantage. Klopp won't be expecting it at all. I wouldn't mind if we started with a mega-attacking line up with Morrison and Mousse. They'd be shitting it, there'd be so much noise. Roll the dice. If we get a goal, defend it like we did yesterday.

No they wouldn’t be shitting it 👀

Dunno if anyone else has put this but (bored as feck) looked at the results over last 11 games at home v LFC (Lg and cup)...:-

Sheff U 6
Draw. 4
LFC 1

Just sayin’ ⚔️🙏🏻😎

Garth thinks we will lose 7-0 ,while trumping near them saying good arse ,and wiping bogies on their backs. #unculterednorthernscum

IMHO It will be a tense match and we will be forced back on many occasions but I do think Liverpool can be beaten and they are due one and with the pace of Mousset and a start for Morrison we could well surprise them.

My forecast. United 2 Liverpool 1

This will send shockwaves to the rest

It sent a shockwave to me already!😲

ive been thinking about this further today logic, common sense & football knowledge says that we lose this game 99 times out of 100 & like Norwich v man city no-one outside of us would give us any chance. but this is Chris Wilder. he done it so many times that making impossible possible & pulling rabbits out of a hat, is almost his signature.

we went to our neighbours fresh from a play off final with 1 fit striker & guy in his 3rd senior game. played them off the park.

leeds away last season,

getting a point from 2-0 down away to europa league champions

battering Aston villa within 40mins

all last season, because we shouldnt hace got promotion with this squad

who is to say that wilder isnt going to amaze us yet again. make impossible possible & theyve havent dropped a point for 6 months. its overdue, but maybe this is me clinging on to any positivity

Any ticket news I have a couple of friends who would like tickets but arnt registered of course they are blades but very rarely go?

C’mon they’re not Walsall are they ? it’s just Liverpool...
My Lad is buzzing at the thought of seeing Sala and co and so am I.
The blades have surpassed my expectations so many times since wilder took over
that I won’t be surprised if we do ‘em.
1 -0 to Blades.

Nothing to fear. Let’s face it, they’ve only won as many Premier League titles as we have.

C’mon they’re not Walsall are they ? it’s just Liverpool...
My Lad is buzzing at the thought of seeing Sala and co and so am I.
The blades have surpassed my expectations so many times since wilder took over
that I won’t be surprised if we do ‘em.
1 -0 to Blades.

He might be disappointed. With European games on the horizon, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few rested.

Back
Top Bottom