UNITED v Liverpool Forecast

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I have the feeling our Chrissie sees Mousset as a speedy impact player off the bench, to be introduced as and when. Much the same as he used Brooks. So don’t expect him to start anytime soon.

I have the feeling our Chrissie sees Mousset as a speedy impact player off the bench, to be introduced as and when. Much the same as he used Brooks. So don’t expect him to start anytime soon.

We need Liverpool to beat Chelsea today (which I think they will). If they do, I really do fancy us this be the first team to take something off them - it’s just the sort of thing we have done over the years, even before Wilder. If they don’t beat Chelsea, think they will be even more up for it to ensure no more lost points (viz City vs Watford).
Whatever happens, it should be one hell of a game and atmosphere so ticket already booked to fly over for this one ⚔️

I'm confident we're good enough to limit Liverpool's chances. They'll only have a handful of shots on goal against us ... but it's Firminho, Salah and Mane who are three of the best in the league so a handful, hell, just one chance is all they need.

Hendo has to be on form. And we can't give the ball away in daft positions against these.

Liverpool don't really have a weak spot. Whereas City, Stones and Otamendi have mistakes in them, Liverpool don't have that problem.

I'm confident we're good enough to limit Liverpool's chances. They'll only have a handful of shots on goal against us ... but it's Firminho, Salah and Mane who are three of the best in the league so a handful, hell, just one chance is all they need.

Hendo has to be on form. And we can't give the ball away in daft positions against these.

Liverpool don't really have a weak spot. Whereas City, Stones and Otamendi have mistakes in them, Liverpool don't have that problem.

Adrian is exploitable under pressure if we can get high enough to press them as they play out, which we didn't against Everton.

I want to enjoy the season and be optimistic, so I'm going for 0-0 (as boring as that sounds). I don't think we can beat them, but I think we can keep them out.

They do push their Full Backs forward,so we can try and exploit the space in behind them...Can we play through their press though,many teams come unstuck trying.
Any team is beatable,just need to do a lot of things right and not make to many mistakes..ride our luck a bit...Get the Moose primed and ready...well at least off the bench.

We had a similar scenario in a league cup match in 1978. That's when the competition was taken seriously by the way. Liverpool, replete with Dalglish, Souness, Hughes et al were the unbeatable European champions, league champions blah blah. United were in div. 2. Liverpool were going to give us a right hammering that day. Guess who won? (Clue, it wasn't Liverpool).

United will not lose this Saturday.
And as a long-standing pessimist, may I remind you that one of the sides was in Division 4 a couple of years later.:eek:

And as a long-standing pessimist, may I remind you that one of the sides was in Division 4 a couple of years later.:eek:

......not helped by our goalscorer that day disappearing 30 miles up the M1 in time honoured fashion.

If Morrison plays I think we can beat anybody and I include Barca/Bayern/Juve/PSG in that, even if we had to play with 10 men for 90 minutes.

IMHO It will be a tense match and we will be forced back on many occasions but I do think Liverpool can be beaten and they are due one and with the pace of Mousset and a start for Morrison we could well surprise them.

My forecast. United 2 Liverpool 1

This will send shockwaves to the rest
Do you know - I would love that, really love it...... Wonder what the odds are?.... Wow just checked 28/1 with Bett365 ......

After watching them V Chelsea it seems if you can get at them and play their press at their own game then you've got half a chance. However, their defence is solid and we'll struggle if we just fling it hopefully into the mixer as Matip and Virgil mop everything up like our 3 do.

If we can show them from the off we're not afraid whilst keeping it relatively solid at the back we can change their dominant mentality. The crowd will need to help for sure.

Our midfielders and wing backs are gonna need to put an absolute shift in. Box to box stuff.

We’re currently 9/1 to win and 4/1 to draw on Betfair exchange, bit tempted to cover both. Hmmm 14/1 Blades to win both teams to score

Winning runs like theirs come to an end because football throws up some random bad luck. They certainly looked rattled second half v Chelsea. Another strong defensive performance and, contrary to what I thought until Saturday, I reckon we can hold out for say a 1-1 draw which would be fantastic. What we must stop is giving away free kicks in dangerous areas or Arnold will punish us as he did today. It's on⚔️⚔️⚔️

Them and Man City are a league of their own. Other ‘big clubs’ - Spurs, Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea - are all shit this season.

Absolutely, having seen Man City 's demolition of Watford I can hardly believe the score the previous week against Norwich, surely one of the results of the season, but at this point I think Liverpool are better than City.

So are you predicting we will finish above those 4?

No, only that I’m not worried about playing them in anything like the same way I’m dreading playing Man City and Liverpool. I think there’s points for us off those four, on today’s showing, I wish we were playing Man U next week. They were dreadful.

Absolutely, having seen Man City 's demolition of Watford I can hardly believe the score the previous week against Norwich, surely one of the results of the season, but at this point I think Liverpool are better than City.

Funny to think that Norwich could have won the title for Liverpool last week.

Back
Top Bottom